PDA

View Full Version : Beserker Guard and Dodge input issue.

Corvos_Vim
03-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Reposting this here since i have not received a reply for a week in the Viking subforum.

I never post around here because usually it is just poison.

If i ever have an issue with for Honor i use the search bar and usually find the same complaint followed by a GET GOOD Remark.

So i do just that "GET GOOD" works everytime.

This time however i am completely stumped and a bit triggered by what i have been experiencing. First off it takes a HUGE HEAP of **** to trigger me. Ill play with the same UB3R TRYHARD SPAM ***** 20+ times losing and getting wrecked before i get an even tad bit flustered. Even DCs don't phase me (excluding the single game where my team had the sycing message every 5 seconds 37 times in a row before it crashed).

So what i have been experiencing is a HUGE delay in Guarding on my Bezerker. The delay is more common after being hit. I can litterally spam guard in a single direction "for testing purposes" and my character will not Guard. Now before you ask, i do understand how assasin guard works. To add to this i cannot Parry as before due to it not detecting said guard however, if i am lucky i can pull one off. Now what makes this even worse is the same delay is on my dodge! It just refuses to move. Even more so instead of dodging i do a jumping top light or regular light (could be me inputting to quickly) and that throws me off and gets me killed.

Now think about this? I litterally "cannot" guard or escape medium to fast combos. Before you throw out "lack of skilll" i did not have this problem before patch. I just can't seem to grasp WTF is going on. I just cannot stress enough... I have literally given my enemy free kills just to see if i can block or dodge through their attacks by playing defensively.

I also tested that when i am parried if i stand my ground i am unable to counter a GB, i think this is normal i just don't recal it before.

Other than that im good, well 3rd party GBs seem pretty hard to handle in 1v2+.

Anyone else notice this or have any suggestions besides "Get Good"? Im still working on that.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 11:21 PM
Reposting this here since i have not received a reply for a week.

I never post around here because usually its just poison.

Now if i ever have an issue with for Honor i use the search bar and usually find the same complaint followed by a GET GOOD Remark.

So i do just that "GET GOOD" works everytime.

This time however i am completely stumped and a bit triggered by what i have been experiencing. First off it take a HUGE HEAP of **** to trigger me. Ill play with the same UB3R TRYHARD SPAM ***** 20+ times losing and getting wrecked before i get an even tad bit flustered. Even DCs don't phase me (excluding the single game were my team had the sycing message ever 5 seconds 37 times before it crashed).

So what i have been experience is a HUGE delay in Guarding on my Bezerker. The delay is more common after being hit. I can litterally sPOLICuard in a single direction "for testing purposes" and my character will not Guard. Now before you ask i do understand how assasin guard works. To add to this i cannot Parry due to it not detecting said guard. Now what makes this even worse is the same delay is on my dodge! It just refuses to move. Even more so instead of dodging i do a jumping top light or regular light (could be me inputting to quickly) and that throws me off and gets me killed.

Now think about this? I litterally "cannot" guard, parry or escape medium to fast combos. Before you throw out "lack of skilll" i did not have this problem before patch. I just can't seem to grasp WTF is going on. I just cannot stress enough... I have literally given my enemy free kills just to see if i can block or dodge through their attacks and just can't.

I also tested that when i am parried if i stand my ground i am unable to counter a GB.

Other than that im good, well 3rd party GBs seem pretty hard to handle in 1v2+.

Anyone else notice this or have any suggestions besides "Get Good"? Im still working on that.

That sounds really odd, but now that you mention it, i do play terribly well vs berserkers lately with my valkyrie.
I thoughts its because of the buff, but then even when berserker does the dodge side attack i tend to get them.
Do you encounter it vs all classes?

did you try to do some custom matches with bots?
Ill do some test too.

Corvos_Vim
03-14-2017, 11:24 PM
Yes i have, one if my friends friends today who has a rep 18 Warlord and a rep 4 beserker heard me talking about it. He blamed lack if skill/latency so he hopped on his Zerker he hasn't played for weeks. It was funny because he encountered the same thing.

Needless to say after two games he said **** his beserker and got back on his warlord.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 11:51 PM
I struggle majorly against a Valk. I didn't before. I know that she got an amazing buff. But her ligt and heavy combo before i could block out of it. Same with the Orochi combo. I could block out of hers more easily on my beserker than my warden or kensei.

Now don't get me started on the PK. People tend to ***** about her anyway. Right now i think she is in a good spot. I can one shot her in 4v4. Buy omg if she spams a light combo on me i litterly just cannot block. Ill even spam block early in the wrong direction to try to stop the next attack. If she swings that way i still cant stop it ir dodge out of it. Same thing goes for the Zerkers infinite combo. I cant dodge in any direction or block it.

Did some practicing right now vs Valkyrie with Berserker, i think its a timing issue. I cant dodge/deflect the second light attack in her combo, but the initial and last hit are ok to dodge/deflect even though the window is pretty small.
Also the spin chop is probably not very viable against her anymore cause her hunters strike will surely get you first.
Spin chop vs Raider was no problem.

You probably have to change your tactics now a bit and practice timing in custom.

Was my first time playing berserker, but i guess if i can pull it off its probably something to get readjusted to due to the changes.
Hope it helped.

UbiJurassic
03-15-2017, 12:09 AM
Hey S429, what you've explained does sound strange. If you think there's a bug, we'd encourage you to document it the best you can (Videos, screenshots, etc.) and send it to our support team (https://support.ubi.com/) so they can investigate it. I'll also forward it to the team.

We_Wuz_Kongz
03-15-2017, 12:20 AM
Yes ,it was weird like I would react a good .75 secs before the attack lands, thinking "ok I got that, now what will he do next." and then blam to my surprise the attack smacks me in the face. I thought, "Ok, my guard must have reset." So, I payed closer attention and attacks still kept hitting me even though I had the stick fully pressed in the direction before the attack landed. I hope I'm not just confirming my bias here. It really does seem like my zerker just doesn't move sometimes when it comes to defensive everything is working fine offensively speaking.

I'll record my games and watch to make sure I'm not just a baddie tonight.

Corvos_Vim
03-15-2017, 01:01 AM
Exactly my point, i know i am guarding way before i get hit. But then blam! I get hit. As for testing with bots it happens less but that is crystal clear connection since it is you and your bot. Now replying to the UbiDev, a video wont prove justice as you will not be able to see my input. I could easily just stand their. Ill practice some & try to upload a clip of it.

DUI Murda
03-15-2017, 01:05 AM
I have been having the same issue, thought it was just a problem i was having. I will feint top light into dodge but end up lunging at them looking like a right pleb, then it all goes mental, definitely a delay there as what's happening on screen is not what I'm doing with my hands.

I mean maybe it's not too bad cause if i don't even know what I'm doing, my opponent certainly hasn't a clue 🤔

Butonfly
03-15-2017, 02:12 AM
Post patch I too have been having random top lights when I was intending a side. I'm rep 9 Berserker. I've been playing Berserker every day, solidly since closed beta. I haven't played anything else, at all. So the explanation that it's an input error on my part sounds unlikely when I went from always landing the correct direction every-time-always to having an unintended attack direction on multiple occasions.

Landing deflects have become a nightmare also. The window feels smaller. I have to activate sooner to avoid being hit, but doing so results in dodging instead of deflecting. Deflecting has always been hard enough. Now it's utterly ridiculous.

Delectable_Sin
03-15-2017, 02:18 AM
Same issue here. Zerker is my main, and she just feels worse now. It isn't just the guarding, it's also GB counter. Now, the window for the GB counter is just completely jacked. The game counts it as too early 99.9% of the time, but if I wait to hit the button, it counts it as too late. The only class where the GB counter feels the same is vs the Valk, but for some reason, other classes always get free GB's on me.

I've had to start constantly switching my stances (before the enemy attacks) in order for my guard to work correctly, as randomly switching between stances seems to counter act the strange new bug, but yeah, it'd be nice if I didn't have to do that.

Corvos_Vim
03-15-2017, 02:30 AM
Post patch I too have been having random top lights when I was intending a side. I'm rep 9 Berserker. I've been playing Berserker every day, solidly since closed beta. I haven't played anything else, at all. So the explanation that it's an input error on my part sounds unlikely when I went from always landing the correct direction every-time-always to having an unintended attack direction on multiple occasions.

Landing deflects have become a nightmare also. The window feels smaller. I have to activate sooner to avoid being hit, but doing so results in dodging instead of deflecting. Deflecting has always been hard enough. Now it's utterly ridiculous.

Exactly my point, you may not have noticed the block delay because of your playstyle but when i encounter opponents that can easily counter the quick dodge & attack playstyle i buckle down and work on blocks and parries.

For example, before patch i fought a R9 Conqueror on the Forest map. When fighting on the bridge i would sit in the corner and block, parry as well as GBI to keep him at bay until he was dead. Now i get ****ing obliterated if my movement is restricted.

I should also point out that 1v1+ is near to impossible when it comes to blocking externally if i am hit at all. Before patch a Bezerker could easily block like a boss in those instamces.

AcceptYourDeath
03-15-2017, 02:49 AM
I somehow start to think this game has actual input lag with multiplayer, for whatever reason you would do that with a fighting game? oO More like remote controlling your character from distance.

I was always wondering why I have such a hard time doing my shoulder bash on a Warden during dominion mode. The way I have set it up is essentially one quick continues movement with my thumb. Forward thumb button on the mouse, backward thumb button, very simple and works perfect in a training session against AI. Gets clunky and unreliable during a match.

And yes I also noticed throwing random light overhead attacks today while being 98% sure I never did that attack. In one case I think it even skipped frames, a heavy side attack animation got canceled right in the middle and switched to a light overhead animation starting half way through.

KyleTessada
03-15-2017, 03:58 AM
I've noticed the same dodge and guard issues on my rep 12 berserker. Since the patch they have become very hard to achieve. I've had to change to rolling back away from oncoming attacks now.

Delectable_Sin
03-15-2017, 05:48 AM
I actually brought up the delay for dodging or blocking like 2 days after the patch, and got trolled off of the forums.

I think everyone just wants classes they don't play to suck.

DerToSch
03-15-2017, 07:30 AM
So it's not just me. Was trying to get the 5 matches as an assassin yesterday and got utterly butchered because my guard constantly failed to block incoming strikes.

RROARGATHORR
03-15-2017, 09:09 AM
Same issues here. I came on the forum just to look to see if I was not the only one. Good to know it's not just me playing worse than I did the day before patch. Deflects and parrys are super unreliable now. I had spent hours practicing against bots and friends in duels to get my timing down, and I was pretty consistent before. Now if I try to block dodge, parry or deflect, I end up just standing there taking hits. This is a real problem, considering how zerkers have limited predictable moves and no way to crack competent players defenses as it is. Please fix.

We_Wuz_Kongz
03-16-2017, 12:27 AM
Yes ,it was weird like I would react a good .75 secs before the attack lands, thinking "ok I got that, now what will he do next." and then blam to my surprise the attack smacks me in the face. I thought, "Ok, my guard must have reset." So, I payed closer attention and attacks still kept hitting me even though I had the stick fully pressed in the direction before the attack landed. I hope I'm not just confirming my bias here. It really does seem like my zerker just doesn't move sometimes when it comes to defensive everything is working fine offensively speaking.

I'll record my games and watch to make sure I'm not just a baddie tonight.

I looked into it more this might help some of you on PC. I put the game in full-screen mode, lowered the graphical settings until I could maintain 144 fps on in game stress test, turned off v-sync, and stopped using DS4(3rd party app to help windows recognize PS4 controllers). Now I can parry peacekeepers again. If you are on PC the more resources you can dedicate to the game the less input lag you will experience.

OH! Console players if you have a game mode on your tv be sure to use it this can greatly reduce input lag or if you have a monitor you can use instead that can help alot.

Rithuamh
03-16-2017, 12:30 AM
How long has this been a problem? Because I have felt this was the case for awhile now. I would desperately alternate guard to block an attack, but poor Berserker couldn't cope. I just assumed you got staggered and couldn't switch guard during.

So is this recent, or has it been around for a bit now?

Delectable_Sin
03-16-2017, 04:13 AM
How long has this been a problem? Because I have felt this was the case for awhile now. I would desperately alternate guard to block an attack, but poor Berserker couldn't cope. I just assumed you got staggered and couldn't switch guard during.

So is this recent, or has it been around for a bit now?

I noticed it immediately after the first patch.

Delectable_Sin
03-16-2017, 04:30 AM
Okay, so it's getting REALLY old not being able to block. Come on Ubi, I'd love to be able to really enjoy this game. Please fix at least one of the issues you guys have.

Corvos_Vim
03-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Come on Ubi at least let us know what it is we are experiencing.