PDA

View Full Version : Today's Warriors Den was somewhat of a letdown

UL_BULLET
03-14-2017, 08:53 PM
Anyone else feel that the Warriors Den livestream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128649632) today was a huge letdown? We have been looking for some more answers. The issues discussed 2 weeks ago have not been mentioned again. We were told there is an update coming but the only thing we know is that it contains a bunch of emotes. They look pretty good, and I'm excited for them, but I would really like to see a Warriors Den that doesn't play a bunch of games after the talk because it's really depressing to see matchmaking errors on stream. I don't think anyone cares to watch you stream the game. There are plenty of better players on twitch to watch. I'd actually like to see training sessions on heroes from the Devs. Show us how to use Shugoki, Lawbringer, etc. That would be way more beneficial to the community. Show off the exciting warriors people have created, or that you can create. Don't just play the game.

I feel like I would be silly for not bringing up the faction war results for Round 2. The host was sweating through his comments on how the Samurai won after literally 3 turns from nothing. I just don't understand how that's possible. I feel like my contribution in the faction war means nothing, and I'd like to know from Ubisoft what the best way to approach the faction war is. Do we get ANYTHING from reaching a stronghold???

They showed off the website, but it has a lot of issues that they don't recognize.
1. Emblems don't save very often after you create them, and it errors out.
2. Emblem editor does not have the same unlocked entitlement symbols that you do in game.
3. Faction war map does not show the final result state of a single round. You can't actually see the outcome of a round.

Thanks for giving us For Honor, but I'm getting too tired to fight. I strongly suggest you don't release a bunch of new heroes until the situation is ideal.

P.S. Knight that fought for 4 hours to the end of Round 2. Some salt, but I do want to congratulate the Samurai. All I have to say is, it's our turn.

DrExtrem
03-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Before I watch it and get high blood pressure.

Was it like: "here are those emotes, buy stell to get them. kkthxbb." ?

Gray360UK
03-14-2017, 09:49 PM
I don't even bother to deploy War Assets manually anymore. First time I have felt like that in since the game came out, but the 'War' is beyond a joke.

zide-
03-14-2017, 10:06 PM
I think, at least until proven otherwise, it's safe to say that the faction war outcomes are random or simply pre-made.

Bob__Gnarly
03-14-2017, 10:07 PM
How long does it go for? 2 hours?

All I want to know is did they address the connectivity issues? The moderators here keep pointing to the stream like it was going to answer some lingering questions.

Mia.Nora
03-14-2017, 10:16 PM
Wow that was really sad.. Not that previous Warrior's Den did anything more than lip service; but seeing even that is not done anymore is really depressing.

In old ones they at least had 2 hosts and multiple developers come and say 'We are disabling this and that and see how things improve'.

Now all it has is one guy hosting showing new emotes we can *buy*, and then proceeds to play the game for the rest of the stream. He is not even playing well, it is just some random matches.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 10:28 PM
Anyone else feel that the Warriors Den livestream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128649632) today was a huge letdown? We have been looking for some more answers. The issues discussed 2 weeks ago have not been mentioned again. We were told there is an update coming but the only thing we know is that it contains a bunch of emotes. They look pretty good, and I'm excited for them, but I would really like to see a Warriors Den that doesn't play a bunch of games after the talk because it's really depressing to see matchmaking errors on stream. I don't think anyone cares to watch you stream the game. There are plenty of better players on twitch to watch. I'd actually like to see training sessions on heroes from the Devs. Show us how to use Shugoki, Lawbringer, etc. That would be way more beneficial to the community. Show off the exciting warriors people have created, or that you can create. Don't just play the game.

I feel like I would be silly for not bringing up the faction war results for Round 2. The host was sweating through his comments on how the Samurai won after literally 3 turns from nothing. I just don't understand how that's possible. I feel like my contribution in the faction war means nothing, and I'd like to know from Ubisoft what the best way to approach the faction war is. Do we get ANYTHING from reaching a stronghold???

They showed off the website, but it has a lot of issues that they don't recognize.
1. Emblems don't save very often after you create them, and it errors out.
2. Emblem editor does not have the same unlocked entitlement symbols that you do in game.
3. Faction war map does not show the final result state of a single round. You can't actually see the outcome of a round.

Thanks for giving us For Honor, but I'm getting too tired to fight. I strongly suggest you don't release a bunch of new heroes until the situation is ideal.

P.S. Knight that fought for 4 hours to the end of Round 2. Some salt, but I do want to congratulate the Samurai. All I have to say is, it's our turn.

Thx for the link!

I wasnt even aware of the dev stream.
Cool that theres a tool on the site to follow faction war progress, even though i wish it would be inbuild into the game and not via a website.

UL_BULLET
03-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Nothing is addressed. They bring a tester on to talk about how hard he works to make sure game isn't broken. Those guys work super hard, and they probably get no praise for it. I'd rather them just talk about what's in progress or what they've found out in the last two weeks. But playing the game for hours and hours after launch without even a full team is the lamest thing a dev team can put out there. Please don't make the next Warriors Den anything like today's. We want you to open up and talk about issues, talk about what you're working on, demo changes that are in progress, and give us hope that our efforts in the faction war mean something.

As a game developer myself, I know how hard it is to make changes to a live service. It's not easy at all. But the dev streams are the BEST place to give the community hope for the future. The Feb 28 stream was very good at this. There was a lot of hope distributed there, but now that you've had two weeks to think about what you've told us, let's hear it.

Bob__Gnarly
03-14-2017, 10:47 PM
Awesome...

So im sitting here for over 30 mins unable to find a game of dominion, elimination or skirmish. It seems like the game is on its last legs, so i expect they'd be addressing the friggen elephant in the room, especially since the mods here point to it in every connectivity thread, but no. God this company is trash.

KarleBoy
03-15-2017, 12:46 AM
Even if they have nothing new or exciting to let us know,
they could always make the stream informative by letting us know more about the game mechanics.

The devs can tell people about how mechanics counter each others, they can actually talk about this for over half a year and shut up nonsense complain from the community meanwhile

UbiJurassic
03-15-2017, 02:31 AM
Sorry to hear some of you were dissatisfied with today's stream. What things would you all be interested to see in future streams?

Godsplitter1991
03-15-2017, 02:39 AM
Sorry to hear some of you were dissatisfied with today's stream. What things would you all be interested to see in future streams?

I already am aware that you guys are working on the connection issues. Which is fine, im a pretty patient person, and I also have common sense in knowing that it isn't something that happens overnight.

With that said, one suggestion to me would be for you guys to give us your take on the state of each of the classes. Would like to know what your personal perspectives are on them rather than have a streamer ask. I know all of you guys/gals play the game you've created.

Another thing I'd like to know is, get some info on what are future plans for this game. Big, small, whatever you feel like telling. But whatever you'd feel comfortable telling without spoiling too much. Other than that, that's all I got.

UbiJurassic
03-15-2017, 02:51 AM
I already am aware that you guys are working on the connection issues. Which is fine, im a pretty patient person, and I also have common sense in knowing that it isn't something that happens overnight.

With that said, one suggestion to me would be for you guys to give us your take on the state of each of the classes. Would like to know what your personal perspectives are on them rather than have a streamer ask. I know all of you guys/gals play the game you've created.

Another thing I'd like to know is, get some info on what are future plans for this game. Big, small, whatever you feel like telling. But whatever you'd feel comfortable telling without spoiling too much. Other than that, that's all I got.

Noted!

Bob__Gnarly
03-15-2017, 02:59 AM

The connectivity issues are a major problem, I mean you could devote a whole stream to it. Personally I couldn't find a 4v4 game of any mode this morning over the course of a hour even though both Elimination and Skirmish were showing 'Very high activity', Dominion was only showing medium activity. An explanation of the activity status would be good. Not only that, but when you finally get into a 4v4 match, there's a good chance that you will get booted at the start or whenever another player drops throughout the match. It would be great if the devs would discuss these growing issues with us. I thought they might at least get a mention in this weeks stream.

Class balance would also draw a lot of views too, but to be honest, I just want to be able to play the game before getting into that.

Mia.Nora
03-15-2017, 03:03 AM

Frankly, *anything* would be a big improved over today's warrior den; since it had no substance at all.
No offense but it is not like For Honor lacks points to address, even if it is repetitive over old ones.

'We are still working on such and such, since last we mentioned it 2 weeks ago we have done this and that'

'We are also looking into this new issue where we are the stage of identifying / developing/ internal testing stage'

'We tried such and such but observed that it was not working, so we started working on this'

Game is at an unplayable stage for so many, and this is a month later full release of a full priced AAA game. If we can't have the problems fixed we need to know they are being worked on, and at what stage the solutions are. Because as it is now 'one day in the future along many patches we hope it will be fixed' is not enough for a multiplayer only game.

You guys can go over each error explaining them in 5 mins each with;

- Did you isolate its reason?
- Did you figure out a fix?
- At what stage is that fix in terms of development?
- When can we hope to see it rolled out?

Errors are easy to go over, support pages are full of them;

Matchmaking Failed 02..
Resynch Failed 06..
etc.

DrExtrem
03-15-2017, 07:38 AM
We really need a subsection specifically for bugs.

Sending them to the support is not that great, because sometimes, it may not be a bug, but a connection issue - or vice versa.

Based on the posts, you can create a "list of known bugs and issues". Most people post bugs and strange things here, because they don't know where else to post.

The current l"ist of known bugs and issues", has to be discussed in the warriors den.

Perfecto-Ignori
03-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Yes I'd really wish you'd tackle live the real issues and questions we all have, and frankly expose the process of maintaining the game in shape,

I need to see transparency , a behind the scene , sincere exposure of process and failure , so to make the audience touched and feel directly involved, more Q&A, stuff like that,

I don't need to watch more empty game-play , i play the game all day long already! Or at least this game-play needs to be commentated in a way or another (technically, bugs and tweaks exposure, or tactics or analysis of sort)

You guys were to shy! I don't care of mistakes, we see them anyway and people who try to hide them, I want to be backstage with the devs in the studio , I am not looking for entertainment but clarifying info. We are your buddies and you should act accordingly, we paid already so we are together in this ****!

last stream was ok, even promising, but this one (march 14th) went poo.

zide-
03-15-2017, 09:35 AM
I think that would be pretty obvious by reading the forums. Revenge mode, class balance and network issues are killing the game and needs to be addressed.

Moondyne_MC
03-15-2017, 09:46 AM
I think that would be pretty obvious by reading the forums. Revenge mode, class balance and network issues are killing the game and needs to be addressed.

First step would be to clean up the forums imo. With the rampant spambots and nonstop escalation of fighting, this place needs a few more active mods to get more civilized, functional discussion happening. Then it'd be much, much easier for accurate and appropriate information/suggestions to get passed back to the devs.

On another note though, it is awesome that they're doing this at all. I just spent the last year playing Battlefront and was an active forum member since launch, and the absolute disregard and neglect the community got from the devs and team was pretty appalling. Glad to see my next choice of online game has a dev team with an active presence in the community.

Steak0815
03-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Take a look what Jeff Kaplan from the Overwatch team does.
Every talk he addresses issues discussed by the community and speaks about further improvements of the game.
That's what people are interested in.

Also please never do that noob-bashing anymore.
You said you have your best dev-duelist will show us some high level gameplay, yet he plays on a Rep 0 account vs. Rep 0 opponents who can't even counter a gb yet do a parry...
If you really want to do high level duels invite high level players.

If you want to make it interactive let players show you certain aspects of the game they consider need tweaking.
Like discuss and show certain imbalance aspects live.
That would also give your talks more fuel in the future in a matter of:

"Show us what's wrong in your opinion"
"Ok this seems pretty imbalanced"
"We talked about this with the dev team and they consider it balanced, because..."
"All you need to do is..."

Also please clarify how a Raider counters a PK.

SirCorrino
03-15-2017, 09:58 AM

I would be very interested in seeing a full and detailed description of how the Faction War works and how the perceived comeback and rubberbanding mechanics work, either in text or video form. The current system where we're kept in the dark leads to a lot of frustration as who wins a round seems entirely outside our control.

DrExtrem
03-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Take a look what Jeff Kaplan from the Overwatch team does.
Every talk he addresses issues discussed by the community and speaks about further improvements of the game.
That's what people are interested in.

Also please never do that noob-bashing anymore.
You said you have your best dev-duelist will show us some high level gameplay, yet he plays on a Rep 0 account vs. Rep 0 opponents who can't even counter a gb yet do a parry...
If you really want to do high level duels invite high level players.

If you want to make it interactive let players show you certain aspects of the game they consider need tweaking.
Like discuss and show certain imbalance aspects live.
That would also give your talks more fuel in the future in a matter of:

"Show us what's wrong in your opinion"
"Ok this seems pretty imbalanced"
"We talked about this with the dev team and they consider it balanced, because..."
"All you need to do is..."

Also please clarify how a Raider counters a PK.

May I add a small but important thing, that should be discussed?

Low to medium level gameplay. Lets be honest. Most players, are not top players. We (me included) strive to be better but we have our limits. This needs to be discussed as well, because it us an important factor to matchmaking.

Also bots and bot behavior. This game does have really good bots but they abuse mechanical problems - because they don't know its an abuse. Watching them play, gives you a good direction on what is questionable or maybe not working. Limitless dodging, guard breaking into attacks, revenge mode during attacks etc. All those questionable things are done by bots.

Turric4n666
03-15-2017, 12:00 PM

Insight on why certain mechanics are implemented.. For Example the block stance discrepancy and the slower block chain change for some classes.

UCFierce
03-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Seriously, give us a reason to care.
You want a Warriors' Den which accomplishes several things.
One: Addresses concerns and questions from the player base.
Two: Develops a stronger connection between the community and the Devs.
Three: Tells the community what to expect in the future / what new and exciting things are in development.

Failed on EVERY item.
UbiSoft needs to REALISTICALLY recognize that the game has significant problems - AND THEN -
Ubisoft needs to tell the community what it is doing to address those problems.
Let us know you've read the complaints about the Faction War; tell us when we can expect the Viking maps to return. Explain that you KNOW there are Massive connectivity problems and that you're attempting to find solutions to the huge rage quitting/'error to main menu' game fails that occur every other game.
Having a High Level Dev beat up on noobs is the last thing you wanted to showcase.
Go on Twitch and watch some High Level play - check out iSkys or some of the great European players; swing by YouTube and watch what people like Cartoonz, DaryusP, Oroboro, Praise the Sun, or MrFruit are doing with For Honor to keep their channels vibrant - invite some of those players if you really want to focus on showing gameplay.
If you want to develop better connections between the Devs and your community - do a VLOG - walk around the offices - pop in on what Devs are doing - stop by a meeting and let The_DarkLorde explain what's on For Honor's horizon.

You've got great links to Man At Arms Reforged - highlight those. You've got a promotional department at UbiSoft - use them. Tell us how you're taking steps to make For Honor a premier eSport. Talk about putting together some one vs one, two vs two, or four vs four Tournaments. Hell, even pirate a top ten kills or Survivals off of YouTube and showcase those.

You've got a passionate fan base; share with the community some of the community's ideas for new Heroes - You've got a Community Creations part of the forums - ASK people to contribute stories, CosPlay creations, videos - share some ten year old kid's drawing of Warden that is pinned up in some developer's cubicle - make some personal connections that allow the community to believe that you care.

Peligrad
03-15-2017, 12:45 PM

Yup this exactly.

If it's not completely obvious what needs to be the focus of discussion by this point then Ubisoft is clearly not listening or playing their own game (at least not well).

You have "faction generals", back when I was trying to learn the game better I heard all of them complaining about the same things.

Sacriel seems to have a strong grasp on the game's problems.

Does Ubisoft talk to these guys?

If they aren't talking to these guys and listening to their complaints then what's the point?

Chaos_Model
03-15-2017, 01:44 PM

Seriously? This statement is beyond a slap in the face to consumers who have bought your game, DLC, or spent on real money in the store for items. The only thing more sad is at this point it does not shock or surprise me. Either the community rep's for Ubi don't bother reading about the concerns of the player base in a forum they moderate, or are just as much left in the dark about pressing matters that have been killing the game far before it's launch. I don't know which one is worse.

You have pages upon pages of viable information that states over and over the major issues and concerns of your player base, yet you have the audacity to ask..."what would you want to see in future streams.". Just when I didn't think I could loose any more confidence in this comany, thanks for proving me wrong.

The-Foxhounded
03-15-2017, 01:45 PM
Seriously, give us a reason to care.
You want a Warriors' Den which accomplishes several things.
One: Addresses concerns and questions from the player base.
Two: Develops a stronger connection between the community and the Devs.
Three: Tells the community what to expect in the future / what new and exciting things are in development.

Failed on EVERY item.
UbiSoft needs to REALISTICALLY recognize that the game has significant problems - AND THEN -
Ubisoft needs to tell the community what it is doing to address those problems.
Let us know you've read the complaints about the Faction War; tell us when we can expect the Viking maps to return. Explain that you KNOW there are Massive connectivity problems and that you're attempting to find solutions to the huge rage quitting/'error to main menu' game fails that occur every other game.
Having a High Level Dev beat up on noobs is the last thing you wanted to showcase.
Go on Twitch and watch some High Level play - check out iSkys or some of the great European players; swing by YouTube and watch what people like Cartoonz, DaryusP, Oroboro, Praise the Sun, or MrFruit are doing with For Honor to keep their channels vibrant - invite some of those players if you really want to focus on showing gameplay.
If you want to develop better connections between the Devs and your community - do a VLOG - walk around the offices - pop in on what Devs are doing - stop by a meeting and let The_DarkLorde explain what's on For Honor's horizon.

You've got great links to Man At Arms Reforged - highlight those. You've got a promotional department at UbiSoft - use them. Tell us how you're taking steps to make For Honor a premier eSport. Talk about putting together some one vs one, two vs two, or four vs four Tournaments. Hell, even pirate a top ten kills or Survivals off of YouTube and showcase those.

You've got a passionate fan base; share with the community some of the community's ideas for new Heroes - You've got a Community Creations part of the forums - ASK people to contribute stories, CosPlay creations, videos - share some ten year old kid's drawing of Warden that is pinned up in some developer's cubicle - make some personal connections that allow the community to believe that you care.

This game will never be an Esport if it never gets a real Server.

Chaos_Model
03-15-2017, 02:01 PM
LOL, I would pay for a sponsor to host matches with the game in it's current state...ROFLMAO...

*Announcer*. And here we go folks! The match is under way! Wait...looks like we have some technical difficulties...players seem to be dropping from the match....

Gemini-Iceland
03-15-2017, 02:11 PM
The community guys need to talk to the division community guys. They had a bad start and learned to ease the pain and keep players updated with real stuff. They slowly learned that hiding everything from the public wasn't a good idea. They learned that hidden changes were not popular, always got data mined and made people angry they hid them. The list goes on and on. Talk to the guys. You also need to work for the community. Sell the devs the idea you should tell us things and so on.

CLaw2017
03-15-2017, 02:22 PM
Well said. I agree.

CLaw2017
03-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Seriously? This statement is beyond a slap in the face to consumers who have bought your game, DLC, or spent on real money in the store for items. The only thing more sad is at this point it does not shock or surprise me. Either the community rep's for Ubi don't bother reading about the concerns of the player base in a forum they moderate, or are just as much left in the dark about pressing matters that have been killing the game far before it's launch. I don't know which one is worse.

You have pages upon pages of viable information that states over and over the major issues and concerns of your player base, yet you have the audacity to ask..."what would you want to see in future streams.". Just when I didn't think I could loose any more confidence in this comany, thanks for proving me wrong.

Well said.

BigFatLion
03-15-2017, 02:49 PM
There is very little I can say that hasn't been said, and I sure do hope Ubi is truly reading these posts and taking them in, seriously....

But just to be abundantly clear:
We don't care about Warrior's Den unless there is REAL CONTENT in it: actual discussions on the several issues found in these forums, new content discussions (and not just 'stuff you can now buy, guys!'), and maybe, just maybe, stream some top-notch players in some forM of real competition... anything other than this? Don't bother! What does this mean for you Ubi: ACTUALLY BRING US THOUGHT-THROUGH, PLANNED CONTENT ON THE STREAM.

If you need to do it once every two weeks or even once a month to make it meaningful (because we know dealing with the various issues takes much time and work): SO BE IT!

dayLockey
03-15-2017, 05:20 PM

We've spoken about issues in their entirety, no rock unturned, all bases covered. It is all out there, you just need to pay a little attention and look. This game will just continue to die as Steam and Twitch show the exponential loss of interest with each passing week. It's honestly about time you guys paid closer attention to the pulse of the community and stop feigning ignorance at issues that are clearly destroying your game.

- server connectivity as many have stated is the biggest issue. Obviously not something that can be corrected quickly but with each implemented patch the lag/FPS drops and DC's are becoming more prevalent. You are not making progress.

- the single worst, laziest matchmaking system I've ever seen in a multi-player game. Players are thrown into games at random.

- Heavies dominate the game in all game types, especially in high tiers of play.

- Warden outclasses Kensei/Raider in every regard, PK outclasses Orochi/Zerker in every regard.

- removal of 2 popular maps out of an already limited map rotation and releasing cosmetics before reimplementing content.

The game reminds me of Overwatch at this point only OW didn't have horrible server issues, non-existent matchmaking and 0 punishment for leaving/botting/AFKing in matches.

UL_BULLET
03-15-2017, 08:22 PM
First off, thanks for taking an interest in this thread.

The different factions are getting fairly organized on Reddit and Discord. I STRONGLY urge you to recruit for these communities to build clout in your Faction War. This will make your community stronger in an alliance against one another rather than against Ubisoft. People will find hope and brotherhood in these communities and it would do a lot of good for you to promote that.
forhonorknights, forhonorsamurai, forhonorvikings

I'd also like to see the following:
1. Discussions about what you're doing to fix the problems the community is complaining about, even if it's just a recap. We need to know what you're paying attention to, even if a fix isn't ready.
2. Don't just play some Dominion mode. If devs are going to play the game, make it more of a demonstration/lessons than anything. Invite some high profile twitch streamers to play and teach us how to use their mains. Get their take on the state of the game and how they feel about certain maps, etc.
3. Future changes coming. Something we can expect. A tease, etc.
4. Tell us something we don't know about the game. Something about how it works under the hood.

If you're going to play the game, a great suggestion is to play as characters that people complain to be underpowered and demonstrate how they can beat opponents who do classic revenge builds, PK light attack spam, Warden zone canceling, etc.

I think you should take a look at how Bungie handles their Destiny streams. They have a pretty solid format down. Instead of just showing a highlight reel of all the emotes coming, put characters in game and show them off like a surprise! A cool showoff of a build that only you have goes a long way to excite the community.