PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie

Simi_Xiamara_
03-14-2017, 07:32 PM
How do you punish a valkyrie if they miss a attack they can always follow up with another attack so you can't even get close is and half their attacks are insta unblockables..need tips (ik if a valkyrie dose her jump attack you can block and gb)

ParadigmFringe
03-14-2017, 07:55 PM
shield bash can be sidestepped whether chained or done via backstep. still working on figuring out how the eff to get out of the light>light>unblockable sweep combo. fortunately even if they spam it, it does low low damage. the most luck i've had with these types of players is getting knocked dow and then blocking the first hit on wake-up.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-14-2017, 08:01 PM
shield bash can be sidestepped whether chained or done via backstep. still working on figuring out how the eff to get out of the light>light>unblockable sweep combo. fortunately even if they spam it, it does low low damage. the most luck i've had with these types of players is getting knocked dow and then blocking the first hit on wake-up.

What your saying is when they do that jump back sheld thing even if they cancel it into the lunge back step will dodge it?

ParadigmFringe
03-14-2017, 08:58 PM
i sidestep, but i imagine a properly timed backstep can do it as well. every character has i-frames on their side/back step, but i'm personally more comfortable with side stepping. i'm also not 100% familiar with how long the valk shied charge remains active, so it might not be as easy to backstep it as say, the warden shoulder bash or the warlord headbutt.

secrecy274
03-14-2017, 09:54 PM
Even if you get hit by both of the lights you can simply backstep out of reach of the sweep.

ParadigmFringe
03-14-2017, 10:06 PM
see, i'm a natural side-stepper, but my backsteps just don't happen. instead of choosing the correct option, my brain takes the wheel and says "tell you what guy... we're gonna sidestep again. that's what's happeing here."

btw, thanks dude, i'll have a buddy test with me when i get home this evening, until i've perfected the backstep out of that accursed sweep.

secrecy274
03-14-2017, 11:50 PM
see, i'm a natural side-stepper, but my backsteps just don't happen. instead of choosing the correct option, my brain takes the wheel and says "tell you what guy... we're gonna sidestep again. that's what's happeing here."

btw, thanks dude, i'll have a buddy test with me when i get home this evening, until i've perfected the backstep out of that accursed sweep.

Anything for a fellow Lawbringer. ;)

And I'm at the opposite side of the problem, I rather backstep when I should sidestep.

Guilbert515
03-15-2017, 12:24 AM

Sweep finisher just a step/dodge backwards.