PDA

View Full Version : Please fix this with the Lawbringer!

The_B0G_
03-14-2017, 07:02 PM
Why is it every hero can dodge right through Lawbringers sweeping attacks? My weapon goes right through enemies chest ALL THE TIME, it's hard enough to use his range with how slow his attacks are, but when people can literally just walk through his attacks it makes him completely broken. It's ********.

secrecy274
03-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Yeah, completely agree.

The_B0G_
03-14-2017, 07:40 PM
They should have to dodge backwards, not to the side to get a free hit after my weapon moves right through them.

Felis_Menari
03-14-2017, 08:19 PM
This is what I've been saying since I realized it was possible to do this. Having overhead heavies occasionally phase through enemies who aren't even dodging is a problem as well. Can't expect to have a legit tourney with crap like this still weighing down the game, lol.

ParadigmFringe
03-14-2017, 08:29 PM
This is what I've been saying since I realized it was possible to do this. Having overhead heavies occasionally phase through enemies who aren't even dodging is a problem as well. Can't expect to have a legit tourney with crap like this still weighing down the game, lol.as a lawbringer main with virtually no trouble in duels i feel like i have a legitimate reason to say this.

gitgud scrub. EVERY character has i-frames during their dodge. if timed correctly, a dodge can phase clean through an unblockable. that's what they're doing to you. you're playing predictably so they can counter you with impunity. practice your feint game if you want to beat sidestep-happy opponents, so they never know when it's an actual heavy or when you're going to feint into a light/gb/forward dash into shove combo/any other direction dash. also, don't ALWAYS follow an advance dash with the shove. players are used to that now, so you may want to dash in and then be prepared to guard the sidestep attack.

Planetus-
03-14-2017, 08:33 PM
I would argue the bigger problem with Lawbringer is that Assassins can dodge out of Blind Justice (top heavy unblockable after a parry) even if it comes after a light parry, whereas Vanguards and Heavies can not.

That's a big chunk of damage our big metal man is losing out on in those matchups especially given that some of PK and Orochi's most damaging combos/moves are light attack based.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-14-2017, 08:35 PM
as a lawbringer main with virtually no trouble in duels i feel like i have a legitimate reason to say this.

gitgud scrub. EVERY character has i-frames during their dodge. if timed correctly, a dodge can phase clean through an unblockable. that's what they're doing to you. you're playing predictably so they can counter you with impunity. practice your feint game if you want to beat sidestep-happy opponents, so they never know when it's an actual heavy or when you're going to feint into a light/gb/forward dash into shove combo/any other direction dash. also, don't ALWAYS follow an advance dash with the shove. players are used to that now, so you may want to dash in and then be prepared to guard the sidestep attack.

Bingo, as a fellow lawbringer main I second this. If you don't know the mechanics of the game, don't make a post complaining, every Lawbringer I play against doesn't even know how to play. I will dash forward against an Orochi or Zerker, they sidestep and I get a free Blind Justice. learn how to be predictable, and do the opposite.

TCTF_SWAT
03-14-2017, 09:13 PM
I would argue the bigger problem with Lawbringer is that Assassins can dodge out of Blind Justice (top heavy unblockable after a parry) even if it comes after a light parry, whereas Vanguards and Heavies can not.

That's a big chunk of damage our big metal man is losing out on in those matchups especially given that some of PK and Orochi's most damaging combos/moves are light attack based.

Why do people keep saying this? It simply isn't true....UNLESS you cancel blind justice too late. Then that's your fault.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Why do people keep saying this? It simply isn't true....UNLESS you cancel blind justice too late. Then that's your fault.
For some reason only PK and Conq can dodge out, I have tested with a friend to eliminate as many variables as possible and this is what seems to be the case.

Felis_Menari
03-14-2017, 10:22 PM
as a lawbringer main with virtually no trouble in duels i feel like i have a legitimate reason to say this.

One can be decent at a game while also noticing and pointing out what they view as a problem. Gotta love asinine assumptions, lol. Anyhow, while I'm not a fan of just-frame dodging in For Honor (or 2-3 frames, however many it may be), it doesn't seem to be too prevalent. What truly irks, are the almost lazy looking dodges that are clearly not timed right for the normal dodge invincibility frames, and yet horizontal attacks still whiff (I'm looking at you, assassins).

Assassins can seemingly ignore the dodge frame limitation; they can be at the *end* of their dodge and still have attacks phase through them like they're a ghost. They don't even have to bother going for a deflect. Just side dodge, and profit. Of course, I've seen instances if horizontals connecting during or around assassins dodge timing, but I haven't done or seen testing to determine exactly when assassins can be hit during their "super" dodge.

MrForz
03-14-2017, 10:40 PM
gitgud scrub.

You know, you can dispense advices without being a total ****-bag. There's no point in being rude for no reason. Besides, the "problem" above is a design one, not a gameplay one. It does feel weird to dodge right through a weapon, and even if it's simply game mechanics it still looks and feels weird.

secrecy274
03-14-2017, 10:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpmhdg3ROxI
Explain this then.

Felis_Menari
03-15-2017, 12:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpmhdg3ROxI
Explain this then.

This is why I mentioned it in my earlier post; it's not just ghosting though horizontal attacks that is the problem. At least in this case, there's no denying that the overhead heavy should have hit the Nobushi.

MrForz
03-15-2017, 01:05 AM
Wow, that one however is inexcusable.

secrecy274
03-15-2017, 01:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqcPtovp9Q8
Well, and then there's this one.
Not as clear cut, but seriously, how long are these i-frames?

MrForz
03-15-2017, 01:30 AM
Those aren't iframes, they can't be. The said iframes are while sidestepping the attack which is what I commented the design (and not gameplay) problem on. But those can't be anything else but actual bugs.

secrecy274
03-15-2017, 01:34 AM
So there's no i-frames while dashing backward or forwards then? Makes sense considering you can hit someone dashing towards you over the head.
However it still doesn't explain that Warden surviving the Unblockable. Could of course be animation bug though, or his range perhaps just seems longer than it's?

Vordred
03-15-2017, 01:41 AM
the i-frames on dodges i have never liked, it's way to easy to dodge attacks and ridiculously rewarding for how easy it is. if you Dodge into an attack you should get hit. Unless you deflect.

blocking you have to pick the direction, but dodging, nah any old way with a massive window will do it.