PDA

View Full Version : Remove Revenge Now!

CarnivalLaw
03-14-2017, 04:31 PM
Enough "we're looking into it." Get rid of this bullschit mechanic that rewards cheap tactics and poor decisions.

Get your schit together, Ubidiots.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Enough "we're looking into it." Get rid of this bullschit mechanic that rewards cheap tactics and poor decisions.

It disencourages ganking. Which is also cheap tactics. A poor decision and tactic would be to gank or to hit someones block till he revenges.

I think revenge is pretty neat.

Gray360UK
03-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Not likely to remove it are they, be realistic, it's their core mechanic, check how many items of gear have a Revenge stat on them.
What they need to do is put a cooldown on it so you can't get it 8 times in 2 minutes / have it permanently up for 2 minutes.

CarnivalLaw
03-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Not likely to remove it are they, be realistic, it's their core mechanic, check how many items of gear have a Revenge stat on them.
What they need to do is put a cooldown on it so you can't get it 8 times in 2 minutes / have it permanently up for 2 minutes.

True. I'd be fine with a LONG cooldown.

RatedChaotic
03-14-2017, 04:44 PM
This could easily be fixed with adding a few more game modes. Game modes with specific features on/off. I would be better with this than having them remove game features totally just because someone doesnt like it.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 04:49 PM
This could easily be fixed with adding a few more game modes. Game modes with specific features on/off.

I dont think they need to change anything on the cooldown, its a recovery function when you play higher tier and go 4v1.

Even when you got maxed gear with short duration and quick cooldown you still have a hard time against experienced players, who will just swipe, stagger, parry you.

igrocki
03-14-2017, 04:55 PM
another frustrated kid.. ffs if u dont like it then dont play in ffa modes just 1v1/2.. it's very simple...

Simi_Xiamara_
03-14-2017, 04:57 PM
Actually I would rather they add a remove teammates option that way no one can "help" me. Maybe make it so one of the points is always caped. If this was a option then most games would prob turn into a better version of 1v1

This is a joke...just saying it's people who are stupid not the game

Gray360UK
03-14-2017, 05:12 PM
I dont think they need to change anything on the cooldown, its a recovery function when you play higher tier and go 4v1.

Even when you got maxed gear with short duration and quick cooldown you still have a hard time against experienced players, who will just swipe, stagger, parry you.

I've seen someone stay in Revenge mode for 2 minutes at the end of a Dominion and have it trigger 8 times for 10 seconds a time.
That's basically perma Revenge for 2 solid minutes so that one guy can fight off 3 enemies for 120 seconds.
That is not a 'recovery' mechanic, that's a way of life :D

Simi_Xiamara_
03-14-2017, 05:26 PM
I've seen someone stay in Revenge mode for 2 minutes at the end of a Dominion and have it trigger 8 times for 10 seconds a time.
That's basically perma Revenge for 2 solid minutes so that one guy can fight off 3 enemies for 120 seconds.

What class were they?

KyleTessada
03-14-2017, 05:35 PM
How about learn to play the game? Don't double team and cause a revenge? I have prestige 11 Berserker and still can be killed while in revenge. Stop being babies and learn to play the game. Revenge mode is absolutely needed in this game to even things out.

Operch
03-14-2017, 05:39 PM
I have no problem with revenge, if people want to team up on someone they need to have a consequence and dealing with revenge evens the playing field a bit. I don't like free abilities during revenge that make people invincible though...ie the zone attack spams.

Gray360UK
03-14-2017, 05:40 PM
What class were they?

Warlord.

Dark.Knights
03-14-2017, 05:40 PM

Get your schit together, Ubidiots. You want to ganking people but you don't allowed him revenge? Don't be selfish kid.

wolkerbo
03-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Don't like revenge? So don't attack in 2 or 3 the same pg... that's all

Gray360UK
03-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Should a Warlord get Revenge 8 times in one fight and survive for 2 minutes, pretty much because a) Warlord and b) Revenge build?
Is that a thing that should be happening?
Forget being ganked and the need to fight back, that's okay for the first 20 seconds.
Should you be able to 'fight back' for 120 seconds?
You're the last one alive and you can spend the final 2 minutes of a game in Revenge fighting off the entire enemy team ...
Seems to be a bit of a swing too far away from a help mechanic towards an 'I win' mechanic.

xLeapingLizardx
03-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Revenge is a necessary mechanic for this game. I only have 2 problems with it right now.

1. The revenge stats from gear go way to far. The fact that you can get like full revenge stats on many different items is ridiculous. Also everyone builds that way because it really is the only viable build

2. Revenge should not proc in 1v1 situations... EVER. The mechanic is meant for outnumbered scenarios but I've fought so many people with 108 gear stats who get revenge in 1v1 fights.

wolkerbo
03-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Revenge is a necessary mechanic for this game. I only have 2 problems with it right now.

1. The revenge stats from gear go way to far. The fact that you can get like full revenge stats on many different items is ridiculous. Also everyone builds that way because it really is the only viable build

2. Revenge should not proc in 1v1 situations... EVER. The mechanic is meant for outnumbered scenarios but I've fought so many people with 108 gear stats who get revenge in 1v1 fights.

Just to reply to point 2, the gear stats is not implemented on 1vs1 and 2vs2 mode so, if you have a poor gear you can safely play this options.

LinkZeppeloyd
03-14-2017, 06:22 PM
It disencourages ganking. Which is also cheap tactics. A poor decision and tactic would be to gank or to hit someones block till he revenges.

I think we all understand the purpose of Revenge, but the bottom line is it's sinking the game. Revenge is even present in 1v1s... to discourage ganking? Most duels I play involve a player getting revenge, then backing off while we both stand there taunting waiting for his, or my, magic powers to wear off.

A much better way to discourage ganking (which arguably shouldn't be discouraged since these are 4 v 4 free for all modes, right?) is to implement full friendly fire. This would be so much better than magic powers.

xLeapingLizardx
03-14-2017, 06:30 PM
Just to reply to point 2, the gear stats is not implemented on 1vs1 and 2vs2 mode so, if you have a poor gear you can safely play this options.

I know this full and well...

It still doesn't curb the fact that people In 4v4 modes can be in a 1v1 fight, be getting there butts whooped, but suddenly revenge procs because of their gear and allows them a pretty good fighting chance... Then they sit there and act like they are nice but their revenge gear is the only reason they won said fight. (That last sentence was just a little deep rooted salt :P)

Also AGAIN: I think is a very important thing to remember, they implemented revenge for outnumbered scenarios... That is the reason it is in the game. So that's why it literally makes no sense for it proc when fighting someone 1v1.

wolkerbo
03-14-2017, 06:41 PM
I know this full and well...

It still doesn't curb the fact that people In 4v4 modes can be in a 1v1 fight, be getting there butts whooped, but suddenly revenge procs because of their gear and allows them a pretty good fighting chance... Then they sit there and act like they are nice but their revenge gear is the only reason they won said fight. (That last sentence was just a little deep rooted salt :P)

Also AGAIN: I think is a very important thing to remember, they implemented revenge for outnumbered scenarios... That is the reason it is in the game. So that's why it literally makes no sense for it proc when fighting someone 1v1.

Guys... it's parts of the game, when you start this types of scenarios you know that the gear stats could make the difference.

In this way I know is frustrating to play against a 108 in gray, but the solution is to FIX the matchmaking, not to change the revenge system coz it's parts of the time I spent to grow up my gear.

BobThePirate764
03-14-2017, 06:54 PM
I use revenge to win 1v3s all the time. Sometimes if I'm losing a 1v1, I'll go find a teammate of theirs to get me revenge faster and kill both of them.

Sometimes games need catch up mechanics to help even out players that are struggling at a disadvantage. Those catch up mechanics should not be more powerful than never being at the disadvantage in the first place. If I attack 3 players *who are better than me* I should lose. Instead I hulk out and start 2 shotting them. Fix your **** ubi.

xLeapingLizardx
03-14-2017, 07:02 PM
Guys... it's parts of the game, when you start this types of scenarios you know that the gear stats could make the difference.

In this way I know is frustrating to play against a 108 in gray, but the solution is to FIX the matchmaking, not to change the revenge system coz it's parts of the time I spent to grow up my gear.

It's part of the game to be losing a 1v1 fight but suddenly get huge health, be uninterruptable, unlimited stamina, and higher damage? That is not the reason they implemented he feature... AGAIN I am only talking about in 1v1 fights not outnumbered fights...

KyleTessada
03-14-2017, 07:13 PM
Funny I have died many times while in revenge mode and have killed many people in revenge mode.
Bunch of cry babies.

KORJ666
03-14-2017, 07:18 PM

xLeapingLizardx (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1992388-xLeapingLizardx) told you that the rage mechanics are broken, and what is the error.

And you suggested not to play in the modes in which this problem is present.

Genius. =_=

1. The revenge stats from gear go way to far. The fact that you can get like full revenge stats on many different items is ridiculous. Also everyone builds that way because it really is the only viable build.

1) Instead of spread rage Attributes on three parts of equipment, Dev need to combine them in two items.
http://i.imgur.com/JhWeZJ9.png

2) If they do this, then REVENGE ATTACKS feat become useless

I think if, after rage activating, character take a debuff, that reduces the characteristics and does not give the possibility of reusing rage, it would only benefit the game.

And yes, I know that my English is terrible. =)

KORJ666
03-14-2017, 07:33 PM
KyleTessada (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/2261284-KyleTessada) CONQUEROR + RAGE BILD + HEAL ON BLOCK feat =_=

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 07:35 PM
I think we all understand the purpose of Revenge, but the bottom line is it's sinking the game. Revenge is even present in 1v1s... to discourage ganking? Most duels I play involve a player getting revenge, then backing off while we both stand there taunting waiting for his, or my, magic powers to wear off.

A much better way to discourage ganking (which arguably shouldn't be discouraged since these are 4 v 4 free for all modes, right?) is to implement full friendly fire. This would be so much better than magic powers.

There is revenge gain by injury and revenge gain by block.
Even with a maxed revenge gain by injury you dont get a revenge in a 1v1 just by injury. In combination with block you might get revenge just shy before dying.

Big deal, retreat wait for revenge to cool off and finish it off.
Even an almost dead revenge mode enemy is not a big deal for good players, cause they know how to parry, stagger finish.

Again if its 1v1 you are looking for fairness then play duel or brawl, no revenge mode modifications and basic gear.

Btw in DUEL MODE if your enemy was able to get revenge, basically what you were doing is hitting his block like a mad man. In which case you dont know what you were doing and you really need some practice in feinting, guardbreaking, parrying.
There is a tutorial mode for that.

Its a matter of practice, once you get the hang of fighting people in revenge youll stop crying.

xLeapingLizardx
03-14-2017, 07:40 PM
xLeapingLizardx (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1992388-xLeapingLizardx) told you that the rage mechanics are broken, and what is the error.

And you suggested not to play in the modes in which this problem is present.

Genius. =_=

1) Instead of spread rage Attributes on three parts of equipment, Dev need to combine them in two items.

2) If they do this, then REVENGE ATTACKS feat become useless

I think if, after rage activating, character take a debuff, that reduces the characteristics and does not give the possibility of reusing rage, it would only benefit the game.

And yes, I know that my English is terrible. =)

I think that feat would need to be reworked then. Because literally it doesn't make sense for this mechanic to help players losing in a 1v1 fight...

I am playing right now and in elimination in 2 different rounds I was destroying this warlord but he got revenge before I could finish him in both fights... I don't want to hear counter strategy or anything because that does not matter. It is literally rewarding a player with a buff for losing?? Just please think about that for a second...

MaxeliusAD
03-14-2017, 07:45 PM
Revenge not broken, it's broken gear, which gain revenge when you earn dmg. In duels(not a game mode, but some micro duels, what happen in dominion, skirmish and especialy elimination) happening ********. You well fighting against oponent with 108 gear. Hiting to his face, never hiting to blocks or parry or dodge. You hit hit for around half of hp and he proc a revenge! Just he and you, noone else in fight and he gain a revenge! That is ********! And should be nerfed!
But... wait... It's a ubifreaks game! It will never nerfed... So abuze your favorite revenge!

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 07:48 PM

If a guy has a longer duration on revenge he already doesnt know what hes doing.
You go short duration, so you can trigger it more often. Because if you go duration against good players they will just hold you up until your duration is over.

If you are already throwing the towel because someone is in revenge no wonder you end up crying on the forums.

Parry, guardbreak or gain distance. Thats the very basics.

Btw, if you triggered that guys revenge mode by ganking its your own fault.
If you want to help out someone in a team fight, communicate with him to back away and prepare to handle the revenge mode.
What you are doing is intervening into a fight and for honor punishes that. He deserved to get the kill on your friend, wait your turn or handle the situation.

Even a new player has atleast a small chance to survive or even win against ganking.
Thats a good thing.

xLeapingLizardx
03-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Even with a maxed revenge gain by injury you dont get a revenge in a 1v1 just by injury. In combination with block you might get revenge just shy before dying.

Even an almost dead revenge mode enemy is not a big deal for good players, cause they know how to parry, stagger finish.

Again if its 1v1 you are looking for fairness then play duel or brawl, no revenge mode modifications and basic gear.

Btw in DUEL MODE if your enemy was able to get revenge, basically what you were doing is hitting his block like a mad man. In which case you dont know what you were doing and you really need some practice in feinting, guardbreaking, parrying.

Its a matter of practice, once you get the hang of fighting people in revenge youll stop crying.

First off, you don't have to throw around the "Crying babies hear my tactics and be as good as me" speech. We are having a discussion about a mechanic in the game and doesn't mean we are all crying...

Second telling people to go play Duel and Brawl is not a solution, people need to stop acting like it is... You may not play duel or brawl because you have a full party, or you have orders to complete, or you just enjoy the objective based full warfare atmosphere going on in dominion.

I am saying revenge in a 1v1 fight is not a fair mechanic...
So I am wailing on a guy and he maybe blocks 2 or 3 attacks and he is almost dead but he gets revenge. So now I have to play perfectly, counter-guardbreaking without fail, blocking and parrying without fail, dodging without fail (Don't let them have a charge move that will lay you on the floor automatically because they are in revenge.) and wait for them to run out of revenge/ outplay them and kill them while they are in revenge? (Don't let em have high revenge mode defense and revenge mode duration).
I have to go through all that even though I was clearly winning a fight?? just doesn't make sense and if that sounds balanced to you there is something wrong.

EDIT: Also let me add that the person can even get revenge mode in the middle of my attack/combo/guardbreak and activate it right before my attack lands knock me down for free and get a free heavy (Don't let them have high revenge attack).

XJadeDragoonX
03-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Anyone defending revenge is an idiot. Revenge is a mechanic that was implemented to make it so you had a higher chance if surviving in a 2v1 situation or more. Not to make it so u just one shot people and even win in 4v1 situations. That's not a fighting chance. That's a broken mechanic. Stop being a bunch if *******es

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 08:03 PM
First off, you don't have to throw around the "Crying babies hear my tactics and be as good as me" speech. We are having a discussion about a mechanic in the game and doesn't mean we are all crying...

Second telling people to go play Duel and Brawl is not a solution, people need to stop acting like it is... You may not play duel or brawl because you have a full party, or you have orders to complete, or you just enjoy the objective based full warfare atmosphere going on in dominion.

I am saying revenge in a 1v1 fight is not a fair mechanic...
So I am wailing on a guy and he maybe blocks 2 or 3 attacks and he is almost dead but he gets revenge. So now I have to play perfectly, counter-guardbreaking without fail, blocking and parrying without fail, dodging without fail (Don't let them have a charge move that will lay you on the floor automatically because they are in revenge.) and wait for them to run out of revenge/ outplay them and kill them while they are in revenge? (Don't let em have high revenge mode defense and revenge mode duration).
I have to go through all that even though I was clearly winning a fight?? just doesn't make sense and if that sounds balanced to you there is something wrong.

So, i am saying ganking a player is even less fair.

And yes if you cant handle a simple mechanic which can easilly be outsmarted and outskilled, it mean that you dont want to aquire that skill, or you just dont want to play smart.

There is a solution to your problem, but rather than trying that and dealing with the situation, people start crying its unfair. Nerf! Remove!

Again 1v1 for that go DUAL MODE or BRAWL and you can fight actually "FAIR".

Nosmer1
03-14-2017, 08:09 PM

And yes if you cant handle a simple mechanic which can easilly be outsmarted and outskilled, it mean that you dont want to aquire that skill, or you just dont want to play smart.

There is a solution to your problem, but rather than trying that and dealing with the situation, people start crying its unfair. Nerf! Remove!

And what about revenge triggering in 1v1? I constantly see people play bad only to be rewarded with revenge that allows them to hit for 50% hp. Duels? Brawl? What if i want to enjoy some objective oriented gameplay and these obviously bad players suck all the fun out of it?

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 08:10 PM
Anyone defending revenge is an idiot. Revenge is a mechanic that was implemented to make it so you had a higher chance if surviving in a 2v1 situation or more. Not to make it so u just one shot people and even win in 4v1 situations. That's not a fighting chance. That's a broken mechanic. Stop being a bunch if *******es

I would rather say those players that gank 4v1 and then cry on the forums that they cant handle it, calling it a broken mechanic fall under such a category.

Look at it this way, you are player a game called "for honor" you decided to fight WITHOUT honor, you got your *** handed to you. Thats quiet an achievement.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 08:14 PM
And what about revenge triggering in 1v1? I constantly see people play bad only to be rewarded with revenge that allows them to hit for 50% hp. Duels? Brawl? What if i want to enjoy some objective oriented gameplay and these obviously bad players suck all the fun out of it?

You didnt follow the conversation.

Its easy to handle revenge mode.
You must be hitting a persons block like a mad man to trigger revenge in Duel or Brawl.
If you did the normal and the advanced tutorial there is no way that you would attack so clumsily again and again till you actually trigger revenge.

xLeapingLizardx
03-14-2017, 08:21 PM

Did you read my post??
I never said anything about ganking. Getting revenge while you are outnumbered is fine and great! Go revenge against them all day idc! That's what the mechanic was put in the game for... It was not put into the game to be apart of 1v1 fights...

You are saying that there's skills and ways to counter that, AGAIN I already know this! But it's a mechanic rewarding losing players. It doesn't matter what skill you can employ to counter that, it is generally an unfair game mechanic and design. I am free to say when a mechanic in a game is unfair.
I am not saying remove revenge or nerf revenge I am saying keep revenge where it was originally designed to be, in outnumbered scenarios.

And I've already said why I may not play duel or brawl at a given point but you obviously don't read or fail to comprehend.

Either way, I have a feeling it's pointless to discuss with you because you don't seem to listen or even try to see my/other's validated perspective...

CLaw2017
03-14-2017, 08:26 PM
You want to ganking people but you don't allowed him revenge? Don't be selfish kid.

Idiot. That's not at all what the original poster was saying.

CLaw2017
03-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Don't like revenge? So don't attack in 2 or 3 the same pg... that's all

You don't play much, do you?

CLaw2017
03-14-2017, 08:28 PM
Should a Warlord get Revenge 8 times in one fight and survive for 2 minutes, pretty much because a) Warlord and b) Revenge build?
Is that a thing that should be happening?
Forget being ganked and the need to fight back, that's okay for the first 20 seconds.
Should you be able to 'fight back' for 120 seconds?
You're the last one alive and you can spend the final 2 minutes of a game in Revenge fighting off the entire enemy team ...
Seems to be a bit of a swing too far away from a help mechanic towards an 'I win' mechanic.

Well said.

CLaw2017
03-14-2017, 08:34 PM
I use revenge to win 1v3s all the time. Sometimes if I'm losing a 1v1, I'll go find a teammate of theirs to get me revenge faster and kill both of them.

Sometimes games need catch up mechanics to help even out players that are struggling at a disadvantage. Those catch up mechanics should not be more powerful than never being at the disadvantage in the first place. If I attack 3 players *who are better than me* I should lose. Instead I hulk out and start 2 shotting them. Fix your **** ubi.

Exactly.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Did you read my post??
I never said anything about ganking. Getting revenge while you are outnumbered is fine and great! Go revenge against them all day idc! That's what the mechanic was put in the game for... It was not put into the game to be apart of 1v1 fights...

You are saying that there's skills and ways to counter that, AGAIN I already know this! But it's a mechanic rewarding losing players. It doesn't matter what skill you can employ to counter that, it is generally an unfair game mechanic and design. I am free to say when a mechanic in a game is unfair.
I am not saying remove revenge or nerf revenge I am saying keep revenge where it was originally designed to be, in outnumbered scenarios.

And I've already said why I may not play duel or brawl at a given point but you obviously don't read or fail to comprehend.

Either way, I have a feeling it's pointless to discuss with you because you don't seem to listen or even try to see my/other's validated perspective...

No, my bad.

So your point is, you want a fair battle, without revenge in dominion, skirmish, extermination mode.
All modes where in public matches nobody will play as fair as you or your friends.
And you want the revenge mode removed from there, in the hope the entire player base will also play fair?
That wont happen, you agree?

Heres another solution.
Make a community of fair players, friends if you will.
Open up CUSTOM lobbies,
invite for CUSTOM match,
Choose Game Mode,
Go to options, REVENGE OFF
Enjoy any game mode without revenge.

Great, right?
Now you can have your "fair" game and in public even the not so talented players can participate and contribute to faction war and those that are experienced enough wont complain about revenge anywho.
Happy?

CLaw2017
03-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Funny I have died many times while in revenge mode and have killed many people in revenge mode.
Bunch of cry babies.

Okay, Kyle.

KyleTessada
03-14-2017, 08:38 PM

SPOT ON, and very well put!

XJadeDragoonX
03-14-2017, 08:40 PM
Nobody should be able to win a 4v1. If you're getting jumped by more than 2 People, there should be no way for you to survive just by fighting your way out. There is supposed to be strength in numbers. And you may call it a cheap tactic or being dishonorable, but that's the way it is. If you're vastly outnumbered, You should die. Don't get yourself in a more than 2v1 situation in the first place. You deserve to die if you do

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-14-2017, 08:46 PM

Yes, I too would like to be helpless against more than one person.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-14-2017, 08:47 PM
Nobody should be able to win a 4v1. If you're getting jumped by more than 2 People, there should be no way for you to survive just by fighting your way out. There is supposed to be strength in numbers. And you may call it a cheap tactic or being dishonorable, but that's the way it is. If you're vastly outnumbered, You should die. Don't get yourself in a more than 2v1 situation in the first place. You deserve to die if you do

It helps to discourage 4 man deathsquads that prey upon one person. And why would you want to be helpless for a majority of the match?

Wolf-Heathen
03-14-2017, 08:50 PM
While I agree that revenge in its current form is stupid AF, the real issue is all the revenge stats on gear. This is what makes revenge ******ed, and enables someone who gets hit twice fill their revenge meter. There are way too many stats to fill your revenge meter, and "revenge on damage"is stupid and needs to go. But moreover, all the other stats are crap, so naturally revenge stat stacking is the new norm. Revenge meter needs to be disabled in 1v1s or dramatically lower the rate at which you gain it, and the other stats need be more meaningful.

Yarzahn
03-14-2017, 08:51 PM

But right now, it's up too often. Sometimes even in pure 1v1

There are a number of things you could do to lower the frequency of revenge state, or simply nerf ganking in other ways.

Here are some random ideas to help make 1v2/3/4 less unfair, without empowering this broken revenge mechanic.

1) Punish friendly fire. Like REALLY.
- I would say increase the damage, but that will just punish the wrong person and enable grieving/ killing your own team.
Instead, lose a significant amount of stamina when you hit a team mate. If you run out and become exhausted, you actually fall down like when you hit a person as he activates revenge state. Or maybe add a "thorns" effect so hitting a team mate damages yourself instead (not a fan of this, prefer the stamina penalty).
I'm tired of seeing 3 greedy idiots racing each other to steal the last hit on an enemy, doing stupid mistakes and getting in each other's way. If you want to 3v1, you should play smart, position properly, zone the enemy and beware of your team mates' positions. Not go on a kill-stealing-frenzy. That should cost you.

2) Make it so you only gain revenge from enemies that you arent targetting. So the guy you are focusing doesnt give you revenge, only the "adds" on the sides. Obviously in this situation revenge gain would have to be boosted.. There would be no more revenge in 1v1 duels.
The downside to this is that it would break the item stat "revenge on attacks". Would need to be replaced by something else. Maybe something like "+Renown Gain and Buff Duration".

These are just random ideas, I imagine the people actually doing it professionally, paid by ubisoft, could come up with a better system than what we have now.
Revenge as a mechanic should be restricted to fights where you are outnumbered.
Outside that situation it's a bad mechanic that adds nothing to the game, except reward defending players even more. Like we need another incentive to play "wait-for-the-parry" game.

Right now it's up too often and it rewards defensive game even more. Attacking has all the risks, filling the enemy's revenge meter is just one more. Enough.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 08:52 PM

Well look above.
Make a community of like minded players that think for honor shouldnt be played with honor and more realistic.
Open custom match set revenge mode off, and be happy.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Well look above.
Make a community of like minded players that think for honor shouldnt be played with honor and more realistic.
Open custom match set revenge mode off, and be happy.

Also be sure to turn the HUD off and disable feats for added realism

KnifeInUrNeck
03-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Why should any game reward people for getting in to 4 v 1 situations. I got an idea, how about instead of running around by yourself, you work with your team? That way you don't need to rely on revenge. Revenge is a crutch for try harder that don't want to work with your team. What other game rewards someone for playing poorly?

xLeapingLizardx
03-14-2017, 09:12 PM
No, my bad.

So your point is, you want a fair battle, without revenge in dominion, skirmish, extermination mode.
All modes where in public matches nobody will play as fair as you or your friends.
And you want the revenge mode removed from there, in the hope the entire player base will also play fair?
That wont happen, you agree?

Heres another solution.
Make a community of fair players, friends if you will.
Open up CUSTOM lobbies,
invite for CUSTOM match,
Choose Game Mode,
Go to options, REVENGE OFF
Enjoy any game mode without revenge.

Great, right?
Now you can have your "fair" game and in public even the not so talented players can participate and contribute to faction war and those that are experienced enough wont complain about revenge anywho.
Happy?

Why do you have to be so condescending?
Ok here we go again .-.

No, I never said take revenge out of dominion, skirmish, and elimination. Just in the 1v1 fights that take place in said modes.

I never said people don't play fair, if they use the revenge mechanic in a 1v1 fight they have a right to because it is in the game. I am not saying anyone is playing unfairly. I am saying that the mechanic employed where it wasn't meant to be employed is an unbalanced game mechanic that should be discussed.
I don't where you just suddenly come up with things I have supposedly said.. Not talking about players playing fair at all...

And for your "Solution", I would not want to play in a game without revenge, that would make outnumbered scenarios impossible. I don't want it in a 1v1 fight (do I sound repetitive? Good, going to keep saying it till you understand what I am suggesting..) EXAMPLE: a player is boosting zone A, an enemy player goes and fights him, they have a pure 1v1 fight on said zone. Player who was boosting Zone A has the enemy at low health but the enemy gets revenge does a charge move and the player without revenge falls over from the charge and dies to the free heavy attack hit...

And the fact that just because I am discussing a balance issue makes me an unexperienced player in your view is just so incredibly stupid.

Am I happy? Sure! Either way I can live with it, I am fine with adjusting to the mechanics. That doesn't mean I am not free to address (not complain) a balance issue as an experienced (not a noob) player.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-14-2017, 09:56 PM
Why should any game reward people for getting in to 4 v 1 situations. I got an idea, how about instead of running around by yourself, you work with your team? That way you don't need to rely on revenge. Revenge is a crutch for try harder that don't want to work with your team. What other game rewards someone for playing poorly?

Team coordination isn't only running around in a 4 man gank squad, there can be players boosting zone A when you assault C, only to realize their entire team is there. then your job now is to stall them for as long as possible, that's where revenge comes in. now I don't believe you should expect to survive but killing 1 or two seems normal, this is the kind of balance they should put in.

SpazzticZeal
03-14-2017, 10:50 PM
So when all of you come back and complain about being 3v1'd all game long you have only yourselves to blame for it. Try using your brains if you are teaming up on someone 3 or 4v1.

SpazzticZeal
03-14-2017, 10:53 PM

I don't give a **** what gear score the 1 person has, and what build they have. If you can't kill someone 4v1 you and your teammates are just plain terrible at the game. For the people complaining about span campers. Guess what, that is one less player capping in in Dominion. No one is forcing you to try to fight the guy at spawn. Ignore him and go cap. You will win the majority of the games you play if the guy sits at the spawn doing nothing else.

CLaw2017
03-14-2017, 11:02 PM
why should any game reward people for getting in to 4 v 1 situations. I got an idea, how about instead of running around by yourself, you work with your team? That way you don't need to rely on revenge. Revenge is a crutch for try harder that don't want to work with your team. What other game rewards someone for playing poorly?

exactly!

sykout25
03-14-2017, 11:08 PM

Without revenge 1v3, 1v4 would be near impossible. Grow up and don't be so mad that you die trying to gank people.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Why do you have to be so condescending?
Ok here we go again .-.

No, I never said take revenge out of dominion, skirmish, and elimination. Just in the 1v1 fights that take place in said modes.

I never said people don't play fair, if they use the revenge mechanic in a 1v1 fight they have a right to because it is in the game. I am not saying anyone is playing unfairly. I am saying that the mechanic employed where it wasn't meant to be employed is an unbalanced game mechanic that should be discussed.
I don't where you just suddenly come up with things I have supposedly said.. Not talking about players playing fair at all...

And for your "Solution", I would not want to play in a game without revenge, that would make outnumbered scenarios impossible. I don't want it in a 1v1 fight (do I sound repetitive? Good, going to keep saying it till you understand what I am suggesting..) EXAMPLE: a player is boosting zone A, an enemy player goes and fights him, they have a pure 1v1 fight on said zone. Player who was boosting Zone A has the enemy at low health but the enemy gets revenge does a charge move and the player without revenge falls over from the charge and dies to the free heavy attack hit...

And the fact that just because I am discussing a balance issue makes me an unexperienced player in your view is just so incredibly stupid.

Am I happy? Sure! Either way I can live with it, I am fine with adjusting to the mechanics. That doesn't mean I am not free to address (not complain) a balance issue as an experienced (not a noob) player.

In a 1v1 it happens rarely that you trigger the revenge, except if you are fighting with your minions attacking the opponent, or he just finished of a team mate of yours and you engaged too quickly.

lets say it does happen,
Evade the charge move or parry the unblockable, enemy staggered, gain distance. Repeat.

I never said you shouldnt voice your opinion.
Glad you do.
I gave you solutions to whatever it seemed your complain is about.
If it sounded condescending, it wasnt supposed to.

xLeapingLizardx
03-14-2017, 11:32 PM
In a 1v1 it happens rarely that you trigger the revenge, except if you are fighting with your minions attacking the opponent, or he just finished of a team mate of yours and you engaged too quickly.

lets say it does happen,
Evade the charge move or parry the unblockable, enemy staggered, gain distance. Repeat.

I never said you shouldnt voice your opinion.
Glad you do.
I gave you solutions to whatever it seemed your complain is about.
If it sounded condescending, it wasnt supposed to.

It doesn't happen that rarely, maybe rarely enough that it is not a huge issue. But as I said earlier, just today I was in elimination destroying this warlord but he got revenge 2 different rounds in our 1v1. It's just dumb to get outplayed but then have a random comeback mechanic that rewards you for getting destroyed?

Stop giving me the counter play.. As I have said many times, I know the counter play. But if I am outplaying you at every turn there is no reason for me to suddenly have to go on the defensive...
Just because there is a counter-play doesn't make it balanced.
If every so often your opponent had the ability to shoot laser beams out of their eyes right before they died that would instant kill you unless you dodged, that still wouldn't be balanced. Although there is a counter-play, game design wise it doesn't make sense in a skill based melee game.
I am saying that to say that just because you constantly present counter-play doesn't make it balanced. Just because you now this counter-play doesn't make you a pro player. Just because I don't find that as a valid solution to a mechanic that rewards losers doesn't make me a scrub...

So you were saying we should stop crying and complaining but now you are glad we are voicing our opinion? Make up your mind dude...
Definitely sounded condescending.

Schweinwinder31
03-15-2017, 03:14 AM
im just gonna say if you are in a 3v1, you should be at a disadvantage lol i understand revenge if you play a defensive masterclass against those 3 guys, but you deserve to die if you are getting punded by those 3 guys at the same time without defending it lol revenge by injury must go. safety in numbers guys... teamwork...

GiganticKORAK
03-15-2017, 04:42 AM
Revenge itself is ok, until high gear level ruins it.

They need to reduce the boost from gear and make them less impactful.
Revenge is necessary for 1 player to stand a chance against 2+ enemies. However, with the way gear works right now, it actually puts 2 enemy at disadvantage against 1 person.

Overall, revenge is fine. But gear is not.

berserker7331
03-15-2017, 05:22 AM
NO just NO, revenge is fine the way it is. And the high level gear is fine too. When you've spent hundreds of hours of gameplay and let some ****ing Noob trash you down as he has no gear? How fair is that???? Ive grinded weeks for my rep 15 warden. So **** you butt hurt kid, man up and level your character

Schweinwinder31
03-15-2017, 06:23 AM
NO just NO, revenge is fine the way it is. And the high level gear is fine too. When you've spent hundreds of hours of gameplay and let some ****ing Noob trash you down as he has no gear? How fair is that???? Ive grinded weeks for my rep 15 warden. So **** you butt hurt kid, man up and level your character

you really believe that your character should have a huge advantage over everyone else because you have played longer? im sorry but i just dont agree. if i have a ton of playing time on thermite in R6 i dont have bullets that do 3x more damage... i show my mastery with thermite by outplaying my opponents on a level playing field. gear as it is now in for honor is unfair. i have to outplay a high gear ranking opponent so damn much to end up still losing the fight. its like trying to kill two guys at once in a 1v1 and why?! because the guy has played the game longer? for that reason he gets to be batman now while i am still a little peasant? lol i just dont understand how gear is fair. you probably think its fine because you are the one with the clear advantage over everyone. whether that is through micro transactions or not, it is unfair.... think of every great online multiplayer out there. how many of those games give someone the ability to deal 3x more damage and the ability to take 3x as much punishment based solely off of playing time? if your argument is games like cod and battlefield where you earn different weapons and/or perks as you level up, then you are misguided. in those titles, you still stand just as much of a chance with the weapons and/or perks you start with as anyone else. the unlocks as you level up are to help better suit your personal playstyle, not turn you from a blacksmith into ****ing kratos.

the_megacycle
03-15-2017, 02:41 PM
Revenge is definitely something that needs to go, it needs to be changed.

I have a group of people I would like to play with but I cannot because one of them has high ranking gear and I have common gear along with another friend who has common gear. During that match there was nothing we could do. Defend a point. Nope. Attack a point. Nope. Couldn't win a one versus one fight because my opponent would have revenge after a couple successful blocks. Two hits later I was being executed. I died over and over and over again. I got ganked. I didn't get to use revenge. My revenge meter never filled. Three against one. Still no revenge. REVENGE IS BROKEN! In it's current state it is definitely BROKEN.

Revenge is a problem. Revenge gear only adds to the problem. The only build people will use is a revenge build.

Buccs99
03-15-2017, 02:49 PM
Revenge has nothing to do with you being an average to bad player. want to avoid it ? dont go into a gank just swinging away wildly ALLOWING his meter to build. disable him. throw him off a ledge. lawbringers can flip them, valks can shoulder charge them, etc. dont stay locked onto them. be smarter and work more tactically with your team.

CLaw2017
03-15-2017, 03:14 PM

Agreed.

CLaw2017
03-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Revenge has nothing to do with you being an average to bad player. want to avoid it ? dont go into a gank just swinging away wildly ALLOWING his meter to build. disable him. throw him off a ledge. lawbringers can flip them, valks can shoulder charge them, etc. dont stay locked onto them. be smarter and work more tactically with your team.

Says the Revenge monkey.

Munktor
03-15-2017, 03:38 PM

Or just remove all revenge GAIN gear and make it duration instead.

Removing it completely (as the OP requests) would just mean all 3v1 situations are an immediate loss - which will ruin a big part of the 4v4 modes imo.

KORJ666
03-15-2017, 06:51 PM

PKUSUB
03-15-2017, 09:22 PM
Naw

VillNess
03-15-2017, 09:42 PM
No need to remove revenge but remove the stats that make you get it faster. Too many times I have had quite close match with an enemy in 1v1 and then they get revenge and 1 shot me. If revenge gain was same for everyone it would discourage the 2/3/4vs1 situations.

Illyrian_King
03-15-2017, 10:40 PM

NO

Would really like to see your *** slaughted in a good 4vs1 and look then how you get along without revenge ;)