PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Hazards

Kharneth88
03-14-2017, 03:58 PM
I think environmental hazards are a great addition to the game, but I think they went a little over board with the insta-kill ones. More things like the fire and geysers that do massive damage and give the winner the advantage but don't necessarily give anyone an easy win are the best. The insta-kill ones are nice, too, but I feel like they tried too hard to place them in the maps.

River Fort has many areas that would otherwise not have edgeless cliffs. Overwatch's C base has unnecessary pits for no reason. If you look at the showcase map, Citadel Gate (I think), it does it well, in my opinion. There aren't really any arbitrary cliffs, but the ones there feel organic and not over populated.

I think it would be better if there were a lot more "minor" and "major" environmental hazard and a only some fatal hazards such as spikes and pits.

I'm by no means complaining about them, just saying that the ones that deal damage but don't give you easy, automatic victories are the most fun ones to use.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 04:26 PM
I think environmental hazards are a great addition to the game, but I think they went a little over board with the insta-kill ones. More things like the fire and geysers that do massive damage and give the winner the advantage but don't necessarily give anyone an easy win are the best. The insta-kill ones are nice, too, but I feel like they tried too hard to place them in the maps.

River Fort has many areas that would otherwise not have edgeless cliffs. Overwatch's C base has unnecessary pits for no reason. If you look at the showcase map, Citadel Gate (I think), it does it well, in my opinion. There aren't really any arbitrary cliffs, but the ones there feel organic and not over populated.

I think it would be better if there were a lot more "minor" and "major" environmental hazard and a only some fatal hazards such as spikes and pits.

I'm by no means complaining about them, just saying that the ones that deal damage but don't give you easy, automatic victories are the most fun ones to use.

Agree, or make the instakill ones all be activated, like on the samurai map where you have to activate the gate...

Simi_Xiamara_
03-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Ya I agree with they would add diffrent types of hazerds. They could add a tripping hazerd ,damage hazerds ,status effect hazerds. There just to many people abusing this.

I fought a group who did NOTHING but throw you off edges " learn counter guardbreak you scrub" im actually very good at cb but when your fighting 2 lb and a berserker on a small bridge where you have no where to move then ya falling off is pretty easy...funny thing is when it came to actual fighting they were rly bad and easy kill. So I just sat in corner and made sure they got no points and if they wanted me to get off they had come to me. Killed them 1v3 easy.after killing them 1v3 they wouldnt even bother trying get me off the point. also it was a 4man premade.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 04:36 PM
Ya I agree with they would add diffrent types of hazerds. They could add a tripping hazerd ,damage hazerds ,status effect hazerds. There just to many people abusing this.

I fought a group who did NOTHING but throw you off edges " learn counter guardbreak you scrub" im actually very good at cb but when your fighting 2 lb and a berserker on a small bridge where you have no where to move then ya falling off is pretty easy...funny thing is when it came to actual fighting they were rly bad and easy kill. So I just sat in corner and made sure they got no points and if they wanted me to get off they had come to me. Killed them 1v3 easy.after killing them 1v3 they wouldnt even bother trying get me off the point. also it was a 4man premade.

Devs should always be very careful in a multiplayer game when adding instakill mechanics..