PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer is so bad

That1GuyB4
03-14-2017, 03:52 PM
If it wasn't for the fact that hes only good for throwing people around when they are too trash at the game to actually do something about it he would be absolutely useless, UBISHAFT FIX IT, i swear you guys are gonna buff everything else before making the LB not absolute trash.

secrecy274
03-14-2017, 03:54 PM
A la Tachanka then.
Tbh, he's not that bad, he just lack options.

Dark.Knights
03-14-2017, 05:50 PM
Fix his guard stance speed is 1st priority,

ParadigmFringe
03-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Lawbringer is an absolute beast and if you haven't figured out that his greatest strength is his feint game, you're not good enough to appreciate him.

Operch
03-14-2017, 06:11 PM
He needs a way to open up a turtle and punish. Have you ever seen two LBs fight? It's like watching paint dry.

xLeapingLizardx
03-14-2017, 06:24 PM
I thought so at first too but after seeing how others play with him and practicing, he is actually pretty good.
I think he is one of the harder characters to use in my opinion.

TheLawbring3r
03-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Enough with the QQ Lawbringer posts. He's not as bad as all the whiners say he is. Is he the best? No. But then again, no class is the best. All classes have strengths and weaknesses. The lawbringer's weakness is his attack speed. If you play lawbringer, however, you will learn to deal with his attack speed and absolutely stomp kids. My LB is rep 4 and I have very little problems against other classes except when I'm simply outplayed.

ParadigmFringe
03-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Enough with the QQ Lawbringer posts. He's not as bad as all the whiners say he is. Is he the best? No. But then again, no class is the best. All classes have strengths and weaknesses. The lawbringer's weakness is his attack speed. If you play lawbringer, however, you will learn to deal with his attack speed and absolutely stomp kids. My LB is rep 4 and I have very little problems against other classes except when I'm simply outplayed. 100% agreed. being a Lawbringer main, i feel like i can accurately gauge the skill level of my opponenets because i've taken the time and effort to get good at this game. i struggled early on but now i'm contering guard break attempts consistently, i've stepped up my faint game (people need to realize they DON'T have to attack out of a feint) and my LB is a beast now. when i get beat in a 1v1 it's never to spam or to constant throws... it's because this other guy is genuinely more skilled than me.

Djebeo
03-14-2017, 08:07 PM
100% agreed. being a Lawbringer main, i feel like i can accurately gauge the skill level of my opponenets because i've taken the time and effort to get good at this game. i struggled early on but now i'm contering guard break attempts consistently, i've stepped up my faint game (people need to realize they DON'T have to attack out of a feint) and my LB is a beast now. when i get beat in a 1v1 it's never to spam or to constant throws... it's because this other guy is genuinely more skilled than me.

Opinions differ because levels of play differ.

Once you reach a certain level Lawbringer can do decently against a non top 5 character, but it will get destroyed by warden, warlord, conqueror (the three safe initiators), and to a certain extent shugoki and peacekeeper.
It is a fact acknowledged by the community: at equal skill level, those classes are just plain better. They don't need to parry, so your feints are basically useless, and they can easily react to anything, and safely initiate their attacks.

All the other matchups are skill matchups.

Thanapetus
03-14-2017, 08:14 PM
I do well with my LB in dominion and duels, I typically carry around 4.0-4.5 KD ratio for both. The most glaring issues with LB that I see are the following:

1) Block failures due to slow block changes.

How many times have you hit a block midway through an opponents strike and you take full damage after hearing the block noise? Guard stances should be uniformed, PERIOD.

2) Swing speed

Since the lawbringer IS the polearm master, he should be able to swing it faster at least as half as fast as the warden. If it is already that fast, 20% faster than it currently is, I remember reading something along the lines of 700ms for a top heavy it should be 5-600 and a good bit faster for the parry top heavy.

Overall a solid 20% would help.

3) Stamina Consumption

Either attacks need to cost less or attack speed increase.

4) Attacks clipping through opponents.
Especially side attacks and unblockables. Unlike the raider, this cant be spammed and should be faster, hit harder, or cost less.

Since the ARMOR of the lawbringer is supposed to be the best in the game, they should have the highest mitigation by default. No way should light attacks stagger the lawbringer if you think the guy is fine as he is.

This would prevent fast attacking characters to spam lights to stagger and prevent any kind of action.

ParadigmFringe
03-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Opinions differ because levels of play differ.

Once you reach a certain level Lawbringer can do decently against a non top 5 character, but it will get destroyed by warden, warlord, conqueror (the three safe initiators), and to a certain extent shugoki and peacekeeper.
It is a fact acknowledged by the community: at equal skill level, those classes are just plain better. They don't need to parry, so your feints are basically useless, and they can easily react to anything, and safely initiate their attacks.

All the other matchups are skill matchups. sorry, but no. at equivalent skill levels, LB has a 50/50 chance of taking Warden and conqueror, and seriously??? Warlord? even the best warlords i've seen are a joke when up against my LB. i play an EXTREMELY aggressive LB, i feint into dashes as well as into attacks and guardbreaks like the rest of the community. i'd be more than willing to prove it in some 1v1 matches with you this afternoon when i get home from work, assuming you're interested/on the xbone. you can switch off between the 3 that you mentioned and i will prove without question that the lawbringer is the most misunderstood character in the game, and that with understanding of his kit, he becomes top-tier.

GT:Paradigmfringe

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Lawbringer is an absolute beast and if you haven't figured out that his greatest strength is his feint game, you're not good enough to appreciate him.

He doesn't really have a powerful feint, his heavies are too slow to make good use of it. However, with that said, feinting his unblockable will almost always net you a parry.

ParadigmFringe
03-14-2017, 08:55 PM
He doesn't really have a powerful feint, his heavies are too slow to make good use of it. However, with that said, feinting his unblockable will almost always net you a parry. doesn't have a powerful feint? he can feint 1st 2nd or 3rd hit in his various combos, and you don't always have to feint into an attack. i can feint into a gb or even a dodge in whatever direction i deem necessary. his feint game is outstanding. i've been offering to people all day.. if you play on xb1 and are available after 4 or 5 pm PST, i'll gladly prove my prowess in 1v1. you can even host if you want.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-14-2017, 09:00 PM
doesn't have a powerful feint? he can feint 1st 2nd or 3rd hit in his various combos, and you don't always have to feint into an attack. i can feint into a gb or even a dodge in whatever direction i deem necessary. his feint game is outstanding. i've been offering to people all day.. if you play on xb1 and are available after 4 or 5 pm PST, i'll gladly prove my prowess in 1v1. you can even host if you want.

As much as I would enjoy to back up my claim in a 1v1, sadly I am on ps4. And I only say he has a weak feint game in higher tier in relation to other characters, specifically assassins. A skilled Zerker with a powerful feint game is a monster. that is someone I love to hate, because that is about the only time I get brutally outskilled.

De4d_0n_Sight
03-14-2017, 09:12 PM
Play Raider and then come back...

UbiJurassic
03-15-2017, 01:33 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that hes only good for throwing people around when they are too trash at the game to actually do something about it he would be absolutely useless, UBISHAFT FIX IT, i swear you guys are gonna buff everything else before making the LB not absolute trash.

Our developers have already confirmed that Lawbringer will be getting some love. Just hang in there! :)

Special4ces Dom
03-15-2017, 02:12 AM
Yeah when you're facing people who can reliably counter guard breaks and don't fall for Heavy feints then you're basically done as Lawbringer.
Just quit and give up at that point really. It's a wrap.

Illyrian_King
03-15-2017, 02:16 AM
Fix his guard stance speed is 1st priority,

Yes please!

Godsplitter1991
03-15-2017, 02:22 AM
Our developers have already confirmed that Lawbringer will be getting some love. Just hang in there! :)

Time to start leveling lawbringer!

Felis_Menari
03-15-2017, 03:35 AM
Time to start leveling lawbringer!

Don't get too excited. We don't know how significant the buffs will be. Regardless, the Lawbringer is the character for me. I had a feeling when I first saw his character introduction video before launch, and I confirmed it as soon as I started playing the multiplayer (I always do singeplayer first).

sorcot
03-15-2017, 03:37 AM
Lawbringer is a skilled class you actually have to have some brains to play to play well. Buffs will just bring in FOTM

xLeapingLizardx
03-15-2017, 04:22 AM

Uh oh.. This is exciting and scary at the same time...
I am excited that the Lawbringer (my main) is getting some love but also scared he could get so buffed that people start complaining that he is over-powered.
The forum posts will start saying he needs to be super nerfed and I will be patronized for using him and being accused of using him only because he is over-powered. Oooooh the agony!

haha jk (kinda) I am excited to see the changes coming for him :)

Dark.Knights
03-15-2017, 11:30 AM

When When When? Can't wait anymore!