PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer offensive options

PicoZipped
03-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Throwing people around with the Lawbringer has been very fun and I've got him sat at rep 2 so far. I think I've got a good handle on his basic combos when it comes to grabs and shoves. I can party reasonably efficiently.

The difficulty I'm experiencing is when I find an opponent who is extremely competent at his guard breaks and plays ultra defensively.

What do other Lawbringer players do in this situation? I find myself either trying to get headpokes in to initiate a 3 hit combo and that's about it, which becomes very predictable. Short of this, if I stick to my guns and also play defensively, it just turns into a growing old competition where we compare how our beards are coming along every 10 minutes of circling around each other.

Are there any relavant feints which I could be doing or tricks to get past someone's guard?

Advice would be appreciated!

Cheers.

secrecy274
03-14-2017, 03:51 PM
Yeah, those are a problem.
Depends on the character, tbh.
For a Conq I abuse Long Arm and Shove to keep him on his feet... eh, figuratively speaking. When I see them about to charge up their Heavy I usually launch a quick attack, either Impaling Charge, a light attack or a Guard Break. However none of it is fireproof, so if you're up against a really good Conq... tough luck, mate.

Special4ces Dom
03-15-2017, 03:05 AM
I've asked many times on the forums.
I try heavy attack feints, they don't fall for it.
I try guard breaks, they don't fall for it.
I try unblockable shove into attacks, they don't fall for it.
I try unblockable flip, they don't fall for it.

I'm literally out of options.

Felis_Menari
03-15-2017, 03:19 AM
I've asked many times on the forums.
I try heavy attack feints, they don't fall for it.
I try guard breaks, they don't fall for it.
I try unblockable shove into attacks, they don't fall for it.
I try unblockable flip, they don't fall for it.

I'm literally out of options.

At the highest level of play, this sadly seems to be the case. Fortunately for me, I tend to encounter mid to low skill players, so it's still fun to play as a LB. I do feel bad for the low skill players sometimes though. Things tend to go very badly for them.