PDA

View Full Version : Faction War is joke

PecarCZ
03-14-2017, 01:35 PM
All what you need is only play last turn to get more Zones that other farction.War assents mean nothing when faction war win faction with lesser war assents.Thats mean first 12 days is absolutly useless.Faction war winner must win if have more war assents that other faction and how many zones capture during 13 days not only last hour before end.Curret System is big joke but for dead game is not problem.Biggest joke is seasson pass 40e for nothing.

FRAKTICA
03-14-2017, 02:08 PM
All what you need is only play last turn to get more Zones that other farction.War assents mean nothing when faction war win faction with lesser war assents.Thats mean first 12 days is absolutly useless.Faction war winner must win if have more war assents that other faction and how many zones capture during 13 days not only last hour before end.Curret System is big joke but for dead game is not problem.Biggest joke is seasson pass 40e for nothing.

While they have not been very forthcoming with information about the faction war mechanics, it does not appear that the War Asset allocations from one turn have any bearing on the following turn, e.g., how many resources remain on a particular territory as the mathematical difference of all those placed during a turn. If they did that, then each turn would be as important as any other since it would be a continuous and cumulative activity....

PecarCZ
03-14-2017, 03:03 PM
Right now is Stupid system where 12 days mean nothing and you win only at last turn.Reward is joke too if i play 13 days and Attack/defense war asset deploy i have same reward as people who fight 1 match before end????????????????.Cache reward need have any rank system for how many War asset you spend.And when faction with more War asset on zone win defense or attack why Final faction cannot use same system??????? Faction with more War asset win.

Fordol
03-14-2017, 03:12 PM
As a Samurai I was very confused about our win. Ubisoft really need to explain what is going on, or find a better way to include the previous rounds into the results. At the moment I think we all feel like my good buddy Kronk:

https://pics.onsizzle.com/well-ya-got-me-by-all-accounts-it-doesntmake-sense-13823845.png

That said, it was a nice middle finger to all the players that were jumping ship to knights and vikings just so they could get rewards. :P

NiteShadeCG
03-14-2017, 03:15 PM

I fight for the knights and i had 670+ thousand personal war assets through the 15 days allll for nothing. Now that i understand how they have this faction war set up i'll be switching to samurai faction after this season for sure.

UCFierce
03-14-2017, 03:20 PM
OK, UBISOFT explain your mechanics, because 12 hours out Samurai were at EIGHT with a dozen disputed territories and were losing EVERY one. The "REVENGE MODE' mechanic for Faction War is TOTALLY out of sync. Basically lose EVERY SINGLE TERRITORY until the last two hours - get a Faction "BOOST" and miraculously win the round.
And now mods (Ubi-Gaidheal ) are deleting posts on a self congratulatory thread because the posts' question UbiSoft's obvious manipulation to grant wins for every Faction.
I think that if you had wanted to preserve their dignity against being totally wiped off the map by the Vikings and Knights it would have been more believable to just reset the war in lieu of granting a victory so these snowflakes didn't get their feelings hurt.

I agree with the original post: Faction War is a total joke now and NOBODY will believe ANY of your results.

dravenquinn
03-14-2017, 03:47 PM
OK, UBISOFT explain your mechanics, because 12 hours out Samurai were at EIGHT with a dozen disputed territories and were losing EVERY one. The "REVENGE MODE' mechanic for Faction War is TOTALLY out of sync. Basically lose EVERY SINGLE TERRITORY until the last two hours - get a Faction "BOOST" and miraculously win the round.
And now mods (Ubi-Gaidheal ) are deleting posts on a self congratulatory thread because the posts' question UbiSoft's obvious manipulation to grant wins for every Faction.
I think that if you had wanted to preserve their dignity against being totally wiped off the map by the Vikings and Knights it would have been more believable to just reset the war in lieu of granting a victory so these snowflakes didn't get their feelings hurt.

I agree with the original post: Faction War is a total joke now and NOBODY will believe ANY of your results.

Couldnt agree more. How did the samurai go from nearly being wiped out to winning in the space of 6 hours???? Im a viking player and gutted we didnt win but it was between us and the knights. If the knights had won i would have congratulated them on a hard fought round 2 but the samurai winning????? What did they do? Develop nukes and annihilated all vikings and knight terrortries!!!!!

ShadowFetus
03-14-2017, 04:10 PM
I fight for the knights and i had 670+ thousand personal war assets through the 15 days allll for nothing. Now that i understand how they have this faction war set up i'll be switching to samurai faction after this season for sure.

What?

Switching to samurai in no way guarantees a victory lol, we got last place in both betas and on the first round. Plenty of people invested more than you and got the same thing.

ShadowFetus
03-14-2017, 04:12 PM
That said, it was a nice middle finger to all the players that were jumping ship to knights and vikings just so they could get rewards. :P

Haha I was thinking the same thing

Winsome111
03-14-2017, 04:56 PM
It isn't about total assets it's about asset allocation. The samurai allocated better which is why they were able to win with less resources.

Blackball8
03-14-2017, 05:14 PM
If you are on here complaining about the faction war, go outside. Like 1 percent of the player base cares about it. Yes, it was a silly system in beta and that isn't going to change. Worry about something else that is important.

DrExtrem
03-14-2017, 05:15 PM
As a Samurai I was very confused about our win. Ubisoft really need to explain what is going on, or find a better way to include the previous rounds into the results. At the moment I think we all feel like my good buddy Kronk:

https://pics.onsizzle.com/well-ya-got-me-by-all-accounts-it-doesntmake-sense-13823845.png

I can explain it.

You need to suck for 14 days and on day 15, you find your man-pants, use the system-buff granted by territories lost and win the round in the last turn.

War assets don't matter until the last day. Best strategy would be, to overnuke one territory at a time, loose every turn by a small percentage and start a system-assisted come back to full off a kast minute win.

Totally useless and unfair feature, that will alter the games universe. Thanks ubisoft.

Operch
03-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Why are the rounds so ******* long?! Make them shorter or at least reward players with steel based on asset contribution in regular intervals and make everything cumulatively count so it's not just who got lucky and timed it right at the end of the round.

De4d_0n_Sight
03-14-2017, 05:43 PM
This ridicolous bias in faction war is a symptom for a bigger disease, but I assume the Einsteins from Ubi won't - how so you say? - give a fakk about it.

teksuo1
03-14-2017, 05:59 PM
it's almost like if Apollyon herself was manipulating results to ensure war keeps raging on... :rolleyes:

SpaceElephant
03-15-2017, 04:23 PM
I talked a little bit about what happened yesterday during the Warrior's Den (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128649632) stream.

I highly suggest you go on our Players Activities (https://game-forhonor.ubisoft.com) page so you can go back in time and look at what happened.

The Vikings were on a good way to win, and the Knights were at the second place, that's why Vikings probably saw the Knights as a big threat and fought against them. Meanwhile, the Samurai deployed their assets on the right fronts, getting their 20% bonus, and conquered just enough territories to win the turn.

I know the Faction War can be confusing sometimes but we're working on a communication piece with our team to make it more understandable.

Turric4n666
03-15-2017, 04:29 PM
First step.give us a statistic how many assets are deployed manually and automatic per faction per round.

Xynrex
03-15-2017, 04:32 PM
I talked a little bit about what happened yesterday during the Warrior's Den (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128649632) stream.

I highly suggest you go on our Players Activities (https://game-forhonor.ubisoft.com) page so you can go back in time and look at what happened.

The Vikings were on a good way to win, and the Knights were at the second place, that's why Vikings probably saw the Knights as a big threat and fought against them. Meanwhile, the Samurai deployed their assets on the right fronts, getting their 20% bonus, and conquered just enough territories to win the turn.

I know the Faction War can be confusing sometimes but we're working on a communication piece with our team to make it more understandable.

So the strategy is: Lose all territories get boost and win. Great system. Thumbs up.

SpaceElephant
03-15-2017, 04:59 PM
So the strategy is: Lose all territories get boost and win. Great system. Thumbs up.

It's more about deploying the War Assets at the right place at the right time.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-15-2017, 05:19 PM

So... As I understand it, the "right place" means "everywhere" and the "right time" means "the last day"?

Because it seems to me (and clearly many other players) that all the stuff we did leading up to the final day was, in essence, meaningless. Because the only score that apparently matters is who holds the most territories at the very last second vs who actually got the most cumulative points over the entire turn.

I mean, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but as a Knight I was deploying boosted assets every day I played and for a lot of those days, the Knight's faction was doing pretty well. But then on the last day the Samurai - who had previously been getting their asses kicked - just swept in and used their underdog bonus to snap up all the territories at the last second, earning them a win.

So, forgive me for asking but... Why should I even bother with war assets before the final day!?

Agent Talon
03-15-2017, 05:22 PM

Is there any discussion about removing any kind of bonus from the system? If a faction gets beat into the ground for the entire round and Dominion just so happens to be the mode in their territory won't they almost always get that boost? I say this because Dominion is the most played mode so of course the most assets would be earned and likely placed. If that's how the system currently works than who ever has dominion on their front for the last round has the advantage over at least 1 faction that won't have nearly as many fronts in dominion just based on map layout.

I could be wrong but that seems to be what happens at the moment. Regardless I don't think a faction should be able to be losing for 90% of the round and comeback to win on the last day. It just makes the first 13 days of the round seem pointless.

ShadowFetus
03-15-2017, 05:44 PM

If you look at Round 1, Samurai had the most assets deployed, percentage wise. And yet we still finished last.

Come the end of Round 2, Vikings and Knights fought each other and left the Samurai to take the needed territories to win.

It would be really nice to have a better explanation as to how it all works as a whole for sure.

DrExtrem
03-15-2017, 06:00 PM

I guess it was mainly, because the most frequented gamemode or the gamemode with the most possible assets per time ratio was on the samurai/knight front. And they got a huge advantage after being pushed back to their gates by the knights.

It was a mixture of luck, bad luck, overcompensation from the system and the broken system itself.

Valtaya
03-15-2017, 06:32 PM
all the time all the same stupid idiots
hey OP: grow some braincells!
if you do NOTHING any round, do you think you can conquer ALL the territories in the last round, NO YOU CAN NOT
so f.... stop thinking only last round is important and counts
jesus

Vagor_D
03-15-2017, 07:02 PM

I don't understand how people have such a hard time grasping the concept. As a Viking I am sorely disappointed, but it's not anyone else' fault that my faction 'dropped the ball.'

hanzmurphy
03-15-2017, 07:04 PM

Can you please make it abundantly clear to players that the only territory update that matters is the last one because from what you've said and looking at the data that is the way it is and i think like most people we were under the impression the entire course of the round mattered not the last 6 hours

Vagor_D
03-15-2017, 07:35 PM
Can you please make it abundantly clear to players that the only territory update that matters is the last one because from what you've said and looking at the data that is the way it is and i think like most people we were under the impression the entire course of the round mattered not the last 6 hours

That would be a lie. The last update is the most important, but there is a point at which a faction cannot make a comeback in a single turn.

Wolfsanker
03-15-2017, 07:57 PM
Read my post.

Your faction didn't drop the ball, you clearly won.

Valtaya
03-15-2017, 08:07 PM
The whole faction war is screwed and intransparent and I wonder why this ubimofos werent able to communicate how it works in the last 28 days.

One VERY bad part about this faction war is: look at dominion right now, knights can not deploy war assets there. PRIOR to this 1.03 patch, when you had to deploy war assets, you could press DEPLOY WAR ASSETS, then press ESC to VIEW OTHER FRONTS, pick the front and deploy... the game saved your picked "region" for the next turn. Now after EACH match, even if you continue fighting for like 50 games, you have to go through this damn proces every time. Result: noone is doing that. So, if you fight some mode that have no territories for your faction to defend/attack, players just skip the deployment. Great. Oh and btw, Dominion is no longer the most played mode. Actualy the worst modes in the game (Eliminatin and Skirmish) are the most played right now, at least during CET day and according to the "activity" meter.

What the faction war and we, the players, need:
- transparency on faction member numbers and how uneven numbers are balanced out (btw, registered players mean nothing, the only thing that matters is, how many players did actualy finish a match, does not matter if pvp or pvai) [if 50% of finished matches are finished by vikings, they will always win]
- no sort of autobalancer (or whatever) that gives a faction some miraculous boost just because they lost too many territories, if a faction is trashed, so be it. NO INTERVENTION ASKED+NECESSARY
- transparency on already deployed war assets, no hideous percentage numbers... with 10 territories that are 49%:51% one just never knows where to deploy and the whole thing becomes a game of chances, not more
- upon match finished, show the WHOLE map where you can deploy war assets and not just the region where your mode is hosted (btw, since the maps where you play on are NOT dependant on the territory, why do the modes change location each turn???)

Wolfsanker
03-15-2017, 08:10 PM

The only thing "confusing" to me is why Ubisoft would determine the round winner only by the faction who holds the most territory at the very end of a round. That is an incredibly stupid system, and basically means the first week and a half of a round is utterly meaningless.

Round two was just won by the faction that held the least territory on average by a very large margin. The samuai lost hard in round two, but apparently they won, because they had a tiny rally at the end, aided by the boost ubisofy gives to losing factions.

So I ran the numbers because I was stunned at this outcome of this round.

Here is the truth in the hard data lads:

Knights:
21 15 18 19 19 14 17 14 13 19 18 22 29 28 20 25 26 25 18 19 24 24 20 21 22 23 26 27 22 20 21 25 16 22 16 22 22 14 20 27 20 23 25 25 18 20 27 23 18 20 20 13 17 21 23 23 18

Sum that, and divide by 57 turns you have a very healthy average of 20.82 territories held, per round.

Samurai:
18 16 18 10 15 15 19 17 23 24 18 18 19 25 26 18 14 21 30 21 13 19 19 11 17 22 18 11 16 25 17 12 18 14 12 12 16 18 12 10 16 20 14 6 11 18 13 19 26 19 21 20 21 16 7 9 16

Sum that, divide by 57 and you have an average of a measly 17 territories held, per round.

Vikings:
21 29 24 31 26 31 24 29 24 17 24 20 12 7 14 17 20 14 12 20 23 17 21 28 21 15 16 22 22 15 22 23 26 24 32 26 22 28 28 23 24 17 21 29 31 22 20 18 16 21 19 27 22 23 30 28 26

Sum that, divide by 57 and you have a respectable 22.17 territories held per round.

I'm a Knight, and even I can see the Vikings should have won round two, though the game should probably give you extra points for sacking a capital.

Round two is the story of the Samurai being absolutely BTFO by the Knights, and yet somehow they pick up the victory of round two, despite holding the least amount of territory on average, by FAR for entire the duration of the round?

Vagor_D
03-15-2017, 08:15 PM
Read my post.

Your faction didn't drop the ball, you clearly won.
I disagree, I was actually in a party with 2 other Vikings and a Samurai when the final results came out (we talked about the discrepancy between assets deployed and the final ranking, how the Samurai were able to pull it off, etc.) Too many Viking assets were used against the Knights on the western (left) front and not enough against the Samurai on the eastern front (right side. I think it was the Dominion game mode area during the last turn.) I watched it as it was happening (I look at who has what territories, and by how much of a lead, when I deploy my assets.) The Samurai were up 60/40 in some of those territories a couple of hours before the round ended, as a faction we didn't deploy enough assets over there to retain those territories.

Wolfsanker
03-15-2017, 08:17 PM
Ubisoft fixing faction war so rounds are not only determined by the last day and a half of play is your TOP PRIORITY.

It is ridiculous the game shipped with such a simplistic mechanic in place, but you need to correct it to a weighted average as per my post above or your whole player base is going to correctly realize the first week and a half of every round is utterly pointless.

This will kill your player bases desire to participate in faction war.

Hyugas.
03-15-2017, 08:42 PM
I've made a post that talks exactly about that with a good suggestion to improve the Faction War. If you guys could take a minute to read and support (or improve) the idea, it will be great!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1607762-Suggestion-for-new-Faction-War-Mechanics

NiteShadeCG
03-15-2017, 09:32 PM
What?

Switching to samurai in no way guarantees a victory lol, we got last place in both betas and on the first round. Plenty of people invested more than you and got the same thing.

I was not trying to brag or say im joining Samurai for a guarantee round win. I was trying to say i played every day for many hours and manually placed all my war assets. At the end of the round i felt like i was not rewarded with my hard work with winning a single crate. I'm joining Samurai because i enjoy playing those hero's the most and i enjoy fighting for the faction i play.

HarambeVendetta
03-15-2017, 11:20 PM
"It's about deploying war assets tactically to win"

Hahaha.

Oh ubisoft, you can't talk about tactics when you give a 55% territory start for a faction.

As someone stated a few pages back, be the worst faction , get destroyed until the last turns, win the round with the boost.

Please just remove this broken crap, nobody wants, with it's 16 days of useless turns, and just give us the ranked mode something people actually asked for you know.
It might bring back the dead playerbase.

Vagor_D
03-15-2017, 11:31 PM
I was not trying to brag or say im joining Samurai for a guarantee round win. I was trying to say i played every day for many hours and manually placed all my war assets. At the end of the round i felt like i was not rewarded with my hard work with winning a single crate. I'm joining Samurai because i enjoy playing those hero's the most and i enjoy fighting for the faction i play.

Players receiving such a small reward for 2 weeks work is kind of lame. Would be better if they added some kind of turn-based rewards, maybe steel based off the number of assets you deployed or something.

Archaelion
03-16-2017, 02:47 AM
As a viking I can say we were outplayed by the samurai. We were losing territory for the last 24 hours and sadly we couldn't hold against the samurai constantly assaulting. They were more strategic and seemed to place assets at better points. I admit we were outplayed. Those that say otherwise really need to git gud.