PDA

View Full Version : Rigged Faction Wars. "Long" Read.

The-Foxhounded
03-14-2017, 01:15 PM
SO I just had a little chat with a rep, someone who basically knows nothing other than reading from a script and I think he gota bit flustered as he prematurely ended the conversation.

Duncan S (3/14/2017, 6:45:00 AM): Thank you for your patience. To be accurate, you have issues with the faction war system in For Honor. Is this correct?

Me (3/14/2017, 6:45:06 AM): Yes

Duncan S (3/14/2017, 6:46:33 AM): I can submit your feedback about it to the appropriate teams. What would you like me to submit?

Me (3/14/2017, 6:47:17 AM): I actually want to know which teams to join since the Faction War is rigged.

Duncan S (3/14/2017, 6:49:27 AM): I assure you this is not rigged. Many players can contribute to the war at any times so the chances of victory change at a moments notice.

Me (3/14/2017, 6:50:00 AM): I posted proof that it is rigged with the opening of this case.

Me (3/14/2017, 6:52:37 AM): Last time I checked you can't with 6-7 areas in 45 minutes let alone lose and regain 6-7 areas in 45 minutes

Me (3/14/2017, 6:52:49 AM): can't win*

Duncan S (3/14/2017, 6:54:51 AM): I apologize if this has created an issue for you. The faction war works the same for all factions and players. I personally am on the Knights faction and enjoy being on the team. I can submit feedback about the system if you would like me to.

Me (3/14/2017, 6:56:12 AM): How can a faction lose 6 areas and gain 7 in less than 45 minutes? My time might even be off. It might even be as little as 10 minutes

Me (3/14/2017, 6:57:08 AM): I watched the scores in the last 45 minutes and we were never that low. My picture proves it

Duncan S (3/14/2017, 6:58:03 AM): If enough players act, then it can happen. Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Me (3/14/2017, 6:59:52 AM): Yes, how did Samurai win with 21 if VIkings had 21?

Duncan S (3/14/2017, 7:02:13 AM): War assets most likely.

Me (3/14/2017, 7:02:47 AM): Which are what exactly?

Duncan S (3/14/2017, 7:04:42 AM): Points accumulated from match victories.

Me (3/14/2017, 7:05:49 AM): If they are for victories then why am I able to send them if I lose a match?

Me (3/14/2017, 7:06:24 AM): Or how is it that a team with only 16 has more than a team with 21?

Me (3/14/2017, 7:06:59 AM): er not 21 I mean 26

Duncan S (3/14/2017, 7:08:04 AM): You get more from victories but you can get them from losses. It's basically just when completing matches. And if enough people have played in that amount of time it can boost the war assets of the faction. I have already stated that it is not rigged and is fair for all factions. Since I have already stated this, I will have to end this chat. You can update your case if you would like me to submit a complaint for you.

[http://i.imgur.com/mOay0VN.png

Going to go back and see if I can get more information.

Aarpian
03-14-2017, 01:18 PM
It's not rigged, why would they even bother?

SirCorrino
03-14-2017, 01:23 PM
You seem to have misunderstood how the map changes between rounds. The end result of round 2 was calculated based on the changes from the last turn. AFTER that, the map gets reset to 21/21/18, where the faction that came third gets 18 (the same thing happened after round 1 finished).

I'm as pissed as anyone that the best way to win in the Faction War is to get absolutely demolished for 13 days and then use the comeback mechanic to win in the last couple of turns, but you're wrong in your arguments here.

tonycawley69
03-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Oh Jesus the level of Idiocy here is unreal.

You think that because you don't understand a system, and it's quite clear from your chat that you don't, that it's rigged? Or do you think it's rigged because your team didn't win?

Divinefist4256
03-14-2017, 01:33 PM
If the Knights faction, which I am in, manages to gain a miracle victory out of nowhere in the end of the next round, then I will believe it is rigged.

The-Foxhounded
03-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Oh Jesus the level of Idiocy here is unreal.

You think that because you don't understand a system, and it's quite clear from your chat that you don't, that it's rigged? Or do you think it's rigged because your team didn't win?

I think it's rigged so people think that all factions have a chance rather than everyone joining a single faction. If Knights win round 3 then I am right.

Also, why come into a topic just to be rude? You have nothing better to do than to spread hate?

Gray360UK
03-14-2017, 01:40 PM
I don't think rigged is the right word. Broken yes, not rigged.

We know a few things for sure:
1. War Assets are not as important as where you place them, it's all about territories, not total War Assets.
2. Performance in the previous turns doesn't matter, except for if you do poorly, in which case you will get boosted.
3. A consistently underperforming faction gets boosted, possibly over-boosted, to the point where they win because of the boost.

2 and 3 make the whole Faction War redundant, let's be honest.
The boost is the Faction Wars answer to Revenge Mode which allows the superior force to be defeated by the weaker one.

rcwd
03-14-2017, 01:43 PM
It's a pretty moronic system they have going. Needs a complete redo

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 01:46 PM
I can totally understand your frustration, while i dont necessarily believe the round was rigged, i was also really confused about the sudden turn around in the last 20 minutes...

But if its true that the previous round was taken into account, then I think the real problem is that ubisoft didnt explain the point distribution between individual rounds in the game properly.

As it seems even the customer support doesnt know how it works, otherwise he would have given you clear numbers on how all of a sudden the samurai won even though the vikings were ahead more points than the samurai could gain 'within the very last moment'.
All he could tell you is the system "fair'", thats a really lame answer to get from customer support.
If he had any intention of helping you with your concern, atleast he could have told you that he doesnt know exactly how the numbers came to be and that he will inquire and get back to you. Then give you the actual numbers of the last hour etc.
Its not like they dont have any record of it lol.
Thats really bad support.

Its also my biggest concern about faction war, that there is no proper number of how many points are on the table on each area, so that the players can make a proper strategic decision of allocating their war assets.
And if the last round was taken into account, good that we get to know that afterwards o_O

Agent Talon
03-14-2017, 01:51 PM
The fact that in the last few turns of both round 1 & 2 there was suddenly a total shift makes the entire process feel useless. There is 0 reason to feel invested in a system where there is an artificial boost to the losing team, it undermines the entire point of pushing specific areas.

I was excited about the Faction War aspect of this game but seeing as how there is a ridiculous "balancing of the scales" system behind it there is no point is caring, your actions don't mean anything if the system can alter how much impact a given faction has at will.

tonycawley69
03-14-2017, 01:52 PM
I think it's rigged so people think that all factions have a chance rather than everyone joining a single faction. If Knights win round 3 then I am right.

Also, why come into a topic just to be rude? You have nothing better to do than to spread hate?

Now, people are just way too quick to throw hate at the developers here. It annoys me.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 01:58 PM
Well he has a valid concern, i dont see how you interpreted "hate at the developers" into it?

tonycawley69
03-14-2017, 02:14 PM
Well he has a valid concern, i dont see how you interpreted "hate at the developers" into it?

Because he's accusing them of rigging the system and cheating the player base. Developer bashing at its finest.

The-Foxhounded
03-14-2017, 02:24 PM
I am saying that it's rigged so everyone has a fair advantage which is not a realistic goal. If one team dominates another team then that team shouldn't get extra help.That's cheating.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 02:29 PM
Because he's accusing them of rigging the system and cheating the player base. Developer bashing at its finest.

If the support and the regular game mechanic cant explain why all of a sudden a faction gains more points than it can usually gain in a round, it does make the system rigged.
So he pointed that out, made an inquiry, didnt get an adequate response and tries to get more info.
Doesnt sound hateful, nor like bashing the devs.

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
03-14-2017, 02:32 PM
The samurai faction was always at 6 territories or 9 and now they won?...knights and vikings both often reached 29 and 31 and now samurai had it because they decided "**** it!, we'll do it at the last moment..this is ********, whoever faction maintained and conquered the most IN THE WHOLE ROUND should be the winner.. WAY TO GO UBISOFT!

DvlDawg15
03-14-2017, 02:49 PM
Okay, samurai had a few days where as a Viking I got pissed because they hit us hard. My Xbox club is a Viking exclusive club and we were hitting samurai hard, because those guys got aggressive. Really, a couple of pre mades a pulling a long night can smash the board...

You get a matter of hundreds in a loss, but 2k in assets in a win. So you can easily cause damage and samurai this round were more threatening than the knights...

The_Blockade
03-14-2017, 03:16 PM
It is indeed weird that the Samurai have been SO far behind in all 15 days, just to end up winning..