PDA

View Full Version : Too many skirmish contracts?

Zutha
03-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Recently, most contracts are skirmish.

This a last desperate attempt to get people to play this ****ty game mode?

Yarzahn
03-16-2017, 01:00 PM
Most of my contracts are skirmish. Every day I get several skirmish contracts.
I get a good amount of elimination contracts too.

It seems the pool of contracts is mostly elim and skirmish, or I'm extremely unlucky. I actually kinda like elim, but skirmish is dreadful. There's no defined goal, it takes ages, just a pointless gank fest.

Barely ever get a dominion, duel or brawl contract.
Had a glorious "play 5 skirmishes as assassin, then the following day "play 5 as vanguard and play 5 as hybrid". I eventually got to the conclusion those terrible orders aren't worth it.

Plutonium Bug
03-16-2017, 01:07 PM
I love Skirmish. The chaos is good. I don't really like brawl or duels so mostly leave them for what they are

UCFierce
03-16-2017, 01:26 PM
I NEVER see any Dominion Contracts except for the stupid Player vs AI 'Dominion Butcher' - where you run around and kill stupid minions.

I would love to see contracts that could be fulfilled in ANY game mode -
Warrants for specific Heroes would easily fulfill this:
Examples:
Takedown 10 PeaceKeepers; Kill 30 Samurai Heroes
OR
Get 20 Executions
Get 10 Kills while below half health.
Get 10 Kills without stamina
Get 5 Takedowns using bleed attacks
etc

Plutonium Bug
03-16-2017, 01:33 PM
I NEVER see any Dominion Contracts except for the stupid Player vs AI 'Dominion Butcher' - where you run around and kill stupid minions.

Examples:
OR
Get 20 Executions
etc

Sounds good but the problem with this is the one for a specific hero lets say it is kill Shugoki 15 times in PvP and you only have 3 slots to select. And then you don't see him in 10 games.
For the rest they could really get these type of orders in rotation.
good idea

guest-dRAMM25U
03-16-2017, 02:19 PM

Examples:
OR
Get 20 Executions
etc

Great idea, that's exactly how it should be... Well almost:

Sounds good but the problem with this is the one for a specific hero lets say it is kill Shugoki 15 times in PvP and you only have 3 slots to select. And then you don't see him in 10 games.
For the rest they could really get these type of orders in rotation.
good idea

Good point too. "Kill specific hero" wouldn't work very well, unless they choose carefully what heroes you should hunt down. But that could cause the same thing the Dominion Butcher caused... Idiots wouldn't play for the objetive at all they just wanna get the contract done(not that I give a ****, I only play duel & brawl). But yeah, contracts could use such a change

BalinDAcier
03-16-2017, 02:26 PM
way too many Skirmish contracts. I don't really hate any of the game modes, though I definitely prefer some over others. Variety is good.

Too many skirmish orders (or too many orders of any one type) and I find myself getting burnt out and not wanting to play.

bramboforce
03-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Recently, most contracts are skirmish.

This a last desperate attempt to get people to play this ****ty game mode?

I agree in every way that skirmish and deathmatch are overused in orders.
And skirmish is most annoying to play and i hate it even more after doing thoose order.

Pr0metheus 1962
03-16-2017, 02:38 PM
Skirmish is my favorite game mode after Dominion, so I don't see why you're calling it "****ty". Sure, you have to learn to fight two or more opponents - that's what makes it fun - you have to actually learn how to defend and use teamwork.

suboptiml
03-16-2017, 04:17 PM
They've got to get us to play it somehow.

I've no doubt there are people who genuinely enjoy it, but most of what I've heard is negative reactions. I hate it myself. It generally turns into a cluster**** scrum, with almost no tactics involved. Much less decent fighting. At least Dominion has some modicum of tactical thought to it. And it encourages separation of the players more. You still get 2 and 3 versus 1, and even bigger group fights, in Domination. But they're not as common as in Skirmish. It's not the rule. Skirmish seems to promote everyone getting together in one spot and the stupid chaos that results. Hell, Skirmish should of been called "Brawl". It's far more of a chaotic brawl than 2v2 (which is generally, inexplicably, played as two 1v1s). Then combine the use of Feats and broken Revenge gear in it, and it just gets really stupid and pointless.

Skirmish is the worse aspects of Elimination and Domination combined, without any of their better qualities. And it lacks a distinctive, engaging quality of its own. Again, I realize some may indeed like that chaotic scrum. I find a boring, aggravating chore though, and only worth doing when it's for a contract that can be knocked out relatively quickly.

The mode really needs a revamp.

atac56
03-16-2017, 04:46 PM
skirmish orders keep coming up because most people probably don't play it, its scoring system is awful

ShadowFetus
03-16-2017, 06:08 PM
Same here. I don't really enjoy skirmish because of how long the matches end up dragging on. And generally, once a side starts losing, the people leave and its just bots or a revolving door of people joining and leaving.

The amount of skirmish orders are too damn high!