PDA

View Full Version : Revenge and Boosts.

GireMeem
03-14-2017, 08:51 AM
Tweak the revenge so that you cant get it while doing a clean 1 v 1. Seriously, why is this happening?
Remove boosts out of the Elimination mode. In Skirmish and Dominion they are fine, but in Elimination? There already is a way to run away from your starting opponent and gang up on an easy prey, ontop of that getting boosts at the same time or getting the thing and having an unfair advantage.

SangLong524
03-14-2017, 09:31 AM
Why not strip clean of everything and fighting nude? That's absolutely fair. And no, if u dont see 1vs1, then it is NOT 1vs1. Take the number literally.
Revenge: it may hv escaped your notice but you have it too

zide-
03-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Revenge mode went from get away from uneven fight card to this super charge god mode you fill up by playing defensive regardless if it's 1on1 or 1on4 situation, which to me seems like a design choice. I too hope they will fix it but that would require quite drastic changes to stat buffs and I fear they are not willing to go through the process of redesigning those.

Valor_Ash
03-14-2017, 09:42 AM
I like revenge mode, but what I don't like is being knocked down non-stop for the duration of the opponent's revenge mode. Keep the revenge with its defense and damage, but remove the getting knocked down part.. that kills the spirit of the game.

I mean if the opponent parries my attack, sure knock me down. But not when it's a headbutt from warlord, shield bash from warden, shield rush from valkyrie etc..

PS: I don't want to double post, but heres the link to my previous thread on how my butt got harassed:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1607040-I-think-revenge-mode-is-good-for-all-heroes

SangLong524
03-14-2017, 09:44 AM
Sound like u run into high gear players. A prolonged, drawn out fight is usually result in revenge.
This feature may be against u now. But it will save u from getting ganged. It's not about fairness, imo. Its about situation

Felis_Menari
03-14-2017, 10:33 AM
I like revenge mode, but what I don't like is being knocked down non-stop for the duration of the opponent's revenge mode. Keep the revenge with its defense and damage, but remove the getting knocked down part.. that kills the spirit of the game.

I mean if the opponent parries my attack, sure knock me down. But not when it's a headbutt from warlord, shield bash from warden, shield rush from valkyrie etc..

PS: I don't want to double post, but heres the link to my previous thread on how my butt got harassed:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1607040-I-think-revenge-mode-is-good-for-all-heroes

Heh, apparently the supposedly guaranteeded knock down on revenge-fueled GB throws (or those performed on an exhausted opponent) and bashing moves aren't. I heard assassins can bug it and negate the knock down, but earlier tonight I saw a *Lawbringer* do it too. Yet it never seems to bug out to my benefit; go figure, lol.

Gray360UK
03-14-2017, 01:04 PM
There are no boosts in Dominion, by the way.

As for boosts in Elmination, your argument is unfairly skewed to being the winner and only needing boosts to further add to your advantage against an opponent you outnumber. What about if you're losing and the boosts give you a chance to fight back when you are the outnumbered one? Hmm?

hartt
03-14-2017, 01:16 PM
We need a hardcore mode for elimintation, domination and skirmish... no equipment, no revenge.

tonycawley69
03-14-2017, 01:22 PM
How is it an unfair advantage? It would only be unfair if the boosts were only available to one team.
As it stands, since everyone and anyone can pick up the boosts, the advantage is completely fair.

Arclyte.
03-14-2017, 01:38 PM
yea revenge in 1v1 is stupid

and boosts besides the healing boost need to disappear. they serve no real purpose besides adding a bunch of RNG to the game with unnecessary buffs.

tonycawley69
03-14-2017, 01:54 PM
yea revenge in 1v1 is stupid

and boosts besides the healing boost need to disappear. they serve no real purpose besides adding a bunch of RNG to the game with unnecessary buffs.

What does RNG have to do with it? There's nothing randomly applied about it at all.

Arclyte.
03-14-2017, 02:49 PM
What does RNG have to do with it? There's nothing randomly applied about it at all.

people often spawn right next to a boost and their enemy doesnt

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Revenge mode in 1v1?
Gain some distance, wait for it to cool off, roll away or evade, parry.

Even with 108 gear with max revenge gain you literally need to hit the enemies block quiet a while to trigger revenge.
So be mindful of your atks.

the most important rule, dont block vs revenge, always try to parry.
Work on your parry skills, especially vs characters with unblockables.
Once you master that, even revenge wont get you so easilly of your game.