PDA

View Full Version : Revenge gain by injury

Schweinwinder31
03-14-2017, 05:10 AM
i am new here to these forums and im not too sure how often this subject has been covered on here so forgive me if this is old news... i wanted to know what you guys think about revenge gain by injury or simply revenge gain in general. the more people have been ranking up their gear stats, the more i am personally starting to believe that revenge is game breaking... i for one never liked the idea of gaining revenge from taking damage. it sounds borderline offensive to have a mechanic where you are rewarded for taking a beating in an online multiplayer focused game. revenge would make sense if it was only gained by playing great defense imo.

i didnt really notice how much revenge truly frustrated me until i started to see loads of people with max gear ratings... you can hit these dudes like 3 times before they become ****ing batman lol that would be like if in the OG Cod modern warfare you got a helicopter for going on a 7 death streak... it doesnt make any sense to me... in my personal opinion, i think revenge gain by injury should be completely taken out of the game. only should revenge be gained by your defensive skills. and i also think gear needs to be massively toned down. it is completely unfair that people can buy a character that is significantly more powerful than everybody else. it takes pay-to-win to a whole new level. 108 gear characters should not be like 10 times better than everyone else... i miss the days when to gain an advantage in an online video game, you had to earn that advantage. you want the boom shot in gears? you better outgun the opposing team to get it. you want the sniper in halo? earn it.

Coreygunz00088
03-14-2017, 05:52 AM
i am new here to these forums and im not too sure how often this subject has been covered on here so forgive me if this is old news... i wanted to know what you guys think about revenge gain by injury or simply revenge gain in general. the more people have been ranking up their gear stats, the more i am personally starting to believe that revenge is game breaking... i for one never liked the idea of gaining revenge from taking damage. it sounds borderline offensive to have a mechanic where you are rewarded for taking a beating in an online multiplayer focused game. revenge would make sense if it was only gained by playing great defense imo.

i didnt really notice how much revenge truly frustrated me until i started to see loads of people with max gear ratings... you can hit these dudes like 3 times before they become ****ing batman lol that would be like if in the OG Cod modern warfare you got a helicopter for going on a 7 death streak... it doesnt make any sense to me... in my personal opinion, i think revenge gain by injury should be completely taken out of the game. only should revenge be gained by your defensive skills. and i also think gear needs to be massively toned down. it is completely unfair that people can buy a character that is significantly more powerful than everybody else. it takes pay-to-win to a whole new level. 108 gear characters should not be like 10 times better than everyone else... i miss the days when to gain an advantage in an online video game, you had to earn that advantage. you want the boom shot in gears? you better outgun the opposing team to get it. you want the sniper in halo? earn it.

The thing is, revenge is meant to level the playing field. It is meant to give players that are getting multiple enemies attacking them at once, a fair chance at combating the threat. The only reason you see someone hitting revenge in 3 hits, is when 3 people are mindlessly flailing away at them for the most part. I have a max gear-score, max revenge on injury & block; and i very very rarely ever get it in a 1 v 1 fight. If i do, it is only if i recently took a ton of damage, killed someone, then got attacked by someone else shortly afterward. Without revenge, it would be pretty close to impossible for even a skilled player, to beat 2 or 3 people fighting them at once, unless those players were using a rock band guitar instead of a controller or some ****.

The reason that is important, is because people frequently quit matches if they see something not to their liking, and if your on the quitters team; you get an A.I bot in their place, AWESOME! (sarcasm). While they did a decent job on the A.I, i have seen my bot teammates do some absolutely dumbfounding **** during matches. For example, A couple days ago, 2 matches in a row my A.I teammate stood still the ENTIRE match, wracking up a whopping 0 kills and umpteen deaths. So if you have 2 or even 3 A.I bots on your team, instead of a guaranteed loss, you actually have something you can use to your advantage in order to level the playing field.

I actually like the revenge mechanic for the most part, though admittedly, some classes with max revenge gear can be extremely annoying; but it is not an unwinnable situation regardless of your opponent, just less than ideal. I recommend running until their revenge runs out, or using the map to your advantage and drawing them to high-ground in order to throw them over the edge. Revenge may cause people to rage quit now, but without revenge, people would be quitting far more frequently because the second they would see an A.I bot on their team, they would roll out. During matches if one person quit, the rest of the team would follow.

However, i would not disagree that there are probably some adjustments that could certainly be made to balance out the revenge mechanic in some way. I for one like that if i am being hunted by 3 or 4 people, i at least have a puncher's chance at saving the day and winning the match.

TCTF_SWAT
03-14-2017, 06:00 AM
Revenge mode attack is insanely powerful right now (aka almost boosting your damage to nearly 2x or 96% increase).

LordEythir
03-14-2017, 06:11 AM
The thing is, revenge is meant to level the playing field. It is meant to give players that are getting multiple enemies attacking them at once, a fair chance at combating the threat. The only reason you see someone hitting revenge in 3 hits, is when 3 people are mindlessly flailing away at them for the most part. I have a max gear-score, max revenge on injury & block; and i very very rarely ever get it in a 1 v 1 fight. If i do, it is only if i recently took a ton of damage, killed someone, then got attacked by someone else shortly afterward. Without revenge, it would be pretty close to impossible for even a skilled player, to beat 2 or 3 people fighting them at once, unless those players were using a rock band guitar instead of a controller or some ****.

The reason that is important, is because people frequently quit matches if they see something not to their liking, and if your on the quitters team; you get an A.I bot in their place, AWESOME! (sarcasm). While they did a decent job on the A.I, i have seen my bot teammates do some absolutely dumbfounding **** during matches. For example, A couple days ago, 2 matches in a row my A.I teammate stood still the ENTIRE match, wracking up a whopping 0 kills and umpteen deaths. So if you have 2 or even 3 A.I bots on your team, instead of a guaranteed loss, you actually have something you can use to your advantage in order to level the playing field.

I actually like the revenge mechanic for the most part, though admittedly, some classes with max revenge gear can be extremely annoying; but it is not an unwinnable situation regardless of your opponent, just less than ideal. I recommend running until their revenge runs out, or using the map to your advantage and drawing them to high-ground in order to throw them over the edge. Revenge may cause people to rage quit now, but without revenge, people would be quitting far more frequently because the second they would see an A.I bot on their team, they would roll out. During matches if one person quit, the rest of the team would follow.

However, i would not disagree that there are probably some adjustments that could certainly be made to balance out the revenge mechanic in some way. I for one like that if i am being hunted by 3 or 4 people, i at least have a puncher's chance at saving the day and winning the match.

Think he makes a point. And you have a few great points in your rebuttal.

But at the end of the day it is true revenge needs some reworking and balalncing, and im confident Ubisoft knows this.

SangLong524
03-14-2017, 06:17 AM
I'm not advocating or absolving afk here, but seriously, having 108 gears is not a sin. If u have played over hundred of hours, would you reduce yourself just to make some newbie nobody feel better? match making does need to improve, though. Perhaps it would make u feel better about yourself. Revenge is styled for teamwork, in duel, revenge gain through gears dont take effect.
Team mode, well, expect to get teamed up. Thank your lucky star when these revenge gains save your skin when blows come left, right, front and back. And none of that honor duel talk in teamwork, dont be self centered.
Cant handle revenge, run away and kite. It will wear off. So many choices to choose

Felis_Menari
03-14-2017, 07:09 AM
I'm not sure 3/4v1s would be doable without the massive attack boost you can get with max RA. I think before the attack and defense values are tweaked, revenge income should be toned down in 1v1 and 2v1.

Schweinwinder31
03-15-2017, 02:57 AM
I'm not advocating or absolving afk here, but seriously, having 108 gears is not a sin. If u have played over hundred of hours, would you reduce yourself just to make some newbie nobody feel better? match making does need to improve, though. Perhaps it would make u feel better about yourself. Revenge is styled for teamwork, in duel, revenge gain through gears dont take effect.
Team mode, well, expect to get teamed up. Thank your lucky star when these revenge gains save your skin when blows come left, right, front and back. And none of that honor duel talk in teamwork, dont be self centered.
Cant handle revenge, run away and kite. It will wear off. So many choices to choose

for me, i just don't like the idea that a player can be able to deal significantly more damage and take significantly more damage right off the bat. in my examples earlier i talked about halo and gears. those games are legends. how would you like it if in those games you came up against a dude that could take 3x more damage than you could just because he has played the game longer? i highly doubt anyone would be talking about those games today if that were the case. since gear score exists and i doubt they would just do away with it, i think it should be toned down massively. it isnt an exaggeration to say that a 108 gear score character is like literally 3x better than my 12 gear valkyrie. i dont care how much somebody plays a video game; that shouldnt be the case. we should start on a level playing field and let our experience do the talking. not experience + a much better character... all my annoyance with revenge may just be because of how obnoxious gear is now that i really think about it lol i still do think revenge by injury is a joke though