PDA

View Full Version : Drone/Binocular Bug

Caveman_122
03-14-2017, 03:58 AM
The drone, one of the best (if not the best) items in Wildlands. Flying around happily spotting people and then making it an EMP so you don't even have to enter the base to destroy the power. As much as everyone loves this little gadget, it has a small issue. Occasionally the drone will glitch and you won't be able to use it or your binoculars. I'm not sure what the cause is but I know one cause is when the drone get's shot and you use the EMP or whatever you upgraded to that will destroy it (so not the Noisemaker) at the same time it gets shot, the ability will activate but will no longer let you use either item. I have had it happen twice now but the second time I don't know what caused the glitch. I was going to do a side mission with a friend and just before we got there i tried to use the drone and nothing happened.

The glitch basically makes up and down on the directional pad useless, and the only way i have found to fix it so far is to quit to the main menu and rejoin the game. I'm not sure how common this is because at this moment I have just over 2 days and 16 hours of gameplay for it to only happened twice. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon as I don't like the idea of having it randomly stop working in the middle of a mission.

If there is anyway I can do on my end to fix this please inform me as I would love to try everything I can and will come back with results. Thank you.

UbiInsulin
03-14-2017, 04:13 AM
Hi Sharus! Can you provide any video of this issue occurring by chance? It would help us to understand the issue a bit better.

x808drifter
03-14-2017, 04:50 AM
Same here.
It happened in the beta to me also.

Seemed to pop up after a few hours.

MEGAFREAKINTRON
03-14-2017, 01:19 PM
the drone randomly will not deploy. i cant supply any video of the drone not deploying as you cant tell when your tryingto deplot it if it wont deploy. same with Binocular you press the button and he wont use them .

Oaksie
03-14-2017, 03:28 PM
I Have this issue also. binoculars & drone not working. it appears to be a random bug.

ShikiPooki
03-14-2017, 03:40 PM
Same issue here

BurntPowder
03-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Same here. Have to dashboard and restart the entire game, simply quitting the session does not work.

I don't know how to get video of an inoperative up/down D pad though. It makes the noise heard as if it was on cooldown but does nothing else. Noticed also that when this happens, cannot call in a vehicle drop off, says on 99sec cooldown with no countdown. There's a timer somewhere in the system that's effed...

LemonDog24
03-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Same. I randomly lose access to using drone and binoculars.

Last night I unlocked the EMP skill for my drone, and after using it one time, I could not deploy my drone or binoculars anymore. NOTE: I had this random bug before I got the EMP skill too. This was just one thing that I saw that triggered the bug.

BurntPowder
03-15-2017, 05:23 PM
PSA: Found that if you fast travel to a nearby rebel outpost you get everything back.

Einzwei
03-15-2017, 06:24 PM
I have had this happen several times to myself and various fire team partners so far on xbone.
The only thing that reliably fixes this is dashboarding.

I think it occurs because something interacting with the drone or our characters exiting a vehicle puts our characters in an illegal state.

I have yet to reliably reproduce the bug, which is EXTREMELY frustrating given my personal reliance on the drone/binos. Breaks the game for me once the bug occurs.

seanzadnik
03-15-2017, 08:14 PM
I have had this happen on several occasions. After about 5mins it restores itself, but still this should never happen. I am still able to spot enemies with my weapon with line of sight. These and other weird bugs seem to start happening the longer a player stays in a session. Seems to clear a lot of the bugs off logging out and rebooting game to get an entirely new session. Just to add, my cousin encountered a bug last night while we were playing. He had his sniper rifle suppressor equipped, but for some reason he was loud, but when he would unequip his suppressor he would then be suppressed. Just another weird occurrence within the Wildlands realm. Even though we shouldn't need to, I suggest anyone playing, especially if they're host, to reboot game and get new session about every 2hrs, or if bugs start to happen. Just be glad it's a no-go-drone bug, and not a no-go-parachute bug :P

Caveman_122
03-18-2017, 12:49 AM
Finally managed to get the glitch again and this time recorded it showing what happens when it occurs. Also shows that fast travelling fixes the glitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld76CS8BR7I&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Caveman122

UbiPhobos
03-18-2017, 02:57 AM
Hey all,

We have added this to our known issues (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1600154-Known-Issues-Updated-March-13) and working to solve the issue. Apologies!

Thank you for the video @Caveman!

DragonIrons
10-23-2018, 12:20 PM
Good god Ubisoft, this has happened to me like 10 times at least since I started playing this last week on PS4, you STILL haven't fixed THIS either?!?!?!? btw, I think it happens when I get out of a chopper, then I go to scout a base and I can't.

Edit: yep, bug happened, couldn't use my drone. Got back IN my Unidad chopper (with missiles) on the PASSENGER side, then switched seats, chopper started back up, immediately got out and the drone was working...

IronclanXX509
12-02-2018, 05:06 AM
caveman i to am having the same issue, and so far the only way i can get it back is to quit the game to. I hope this can get resolved.