PDA

View Full Version : When is this game considered dead?

Drekle
03-14-2017, 02:12 AM
So we are in the 8,000's playing For Honor (PC) world wide at the moment I am writing this... I imagine that when this gets too low you wont be able to find a match vs people, or at least a fair one (not that those ever have existed)...

Egotistic_Ez
03-14-2017, 02:32 AM
It's not dead yet. A lot of people, myself included, are just sick of the crap so we've stopped logging in. If Ubi bring out a big patch soon with fixes and balances, not to mention those two new heroes, it could revitalise the game.

If they take too long or fail to deliver a patch (other than just new heroes to buy) then it's dead.

I give them until the end of March to make their move. Any later and it'll be too late.

DemonW0lf
03-14-2017, 02:57 AM
My only complaint is lately the mm seems to keep matching me up with people who don't have a great internet connection causing me to get kicked either at the middle of a game or right at the end

DizzleFresh13
03-14-2017, 02:58 AM
It's not dead yet. A lot of people, myself included, are just sick of the crap so we've stopped logging in. If Ubi bring out a big patch soon with fixes and balances, not to mention those two new heroes, it could revitalise the game.

If they take too long or fail to deliver a patch (other than just new heroes to buy) then it's dead.

I give them until the end of March to make their move. Any later and it'll be too late.

So true...

Devs just need to fix the network and continue to roll out new content. The game is so good, word of mouth will spread that For Honor is back in full glory and the masses will return. It's in Ubisoft's hands whether they have pride in their games and care enough to propel this game into true greatness. Or, they choose to do nothing to fix the issue and we'll all see Ubisoft for what so many others already assume it is.

ArlianDeBias
03-14-2017, 03:04 AM
I think you can classify a game as dead once the average daily player count falls below 500 players.

Take a look at games like The Culling, which saw massive spikes of thousands of players at release but is now running an average of 100-200 players a day.

cragar212
03-14-2017, 03:09 AM
Still 100,000s playing on console anyways

Bob__Gnarly
03-14-2017, 03:12 AM

Where'd you get that figure?

Danioku
03-14-2017, 03:19 AM
So we are in the 8,000's playing For Honor (PC) world wide at the moment I am writing this... I imagine that when this gets too low you wont be able to find a match vs people, or at least a fair one (not that those ever have existed)...

Where do you see it's 8k ?

cragar212
03-14-2017, 03:29 AM
Where'd you get that figure?

Up until mid last week we could still see online players. Ps4 was 70k+ All day with 90k at primetime. Xbox was about 10% less.

Also ps4 completing 5.4/5.7 mill dominion matchs during the initial alotted time for the weekend event implies theres alotta people playing.

Drekle
03-14-2017, 03:54 AM
Where do you see it's 8k ?

Select For Honor in steam and click Community Hub.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/304390/

Drekle
03-14-2017, 03:55 AM
Up until mid last week we could still see online players. Ps4 was 70k+ All day with 90k at primetime. Xbox was about 10% less.

Also ps4 completing 5.4/5.7 mill dominion matchs during the initial alotted time for the weekend event implies theres alotta people playing.

Wow. Maybe they only removed this figure from PC because the population was dropping faster than console and they didn't think steam would tell everyone.

cragar212
03-14-2017, 04:15 AM
Wow. Maybe they only removed this figure from PC because the population was dropping faster than console and they didn't think steam would tell everyone.

It's gone on console now too. Our patchs are just a couple weeks behind pc.

Console doesn't seem to suffer alot of pcs conection issues which must play a big part

Chaos_Model
03-14-2017, 05:06 AM

LOL, more like a lot of people getting disconnected

Teh1one
03-14-2017, 05:42 AM

i play without steam .... so we are at 8001 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Valtaya
03-14-2017, 07:46 AM
Someone somewhere said steam is about 50-75% of total players for PC.

For Honor is coughing out its last breath on PC, I gues, when steam drops to 5000 concurrent players, the game can be called dead.
The last time we had a player indicator on PC, it said "15.000"... I gues now it is lower and already a pain for the MM.

De4d_0n_Sight
03-14-2017, 08:18 AM
In contrast to other games (BF, WoT) you don't need so high numbers of gamers.

However, there is a growing body of evidence that the game ist running out of players (in contrast to forum bots sh1tting advertisement).

Hunab-Ku.
03-14-2017, 08:30 AM
as i said in another post i have 3 chars: valky 5-108, pk 10-108, orochi 4-108 and i fing game so boring and ruined now for the nex issues:

- Disconects
- Crashes
- Bad Matchmaking
- people quiting the game in thousands
- Ubisoft working on punish people for quit a match because i want a fair match and not one in which im the only revenge build on team in where im with grey gear team vs full 108 team
- Revenge itself
- Boring turtle meta
- my only 3 friends which i played with already quit for same issues

Those things for me is a warning to quit now.

Eddeh07
03-14-2017, 08:31 AM
I'm not convinced the game is dead yet, although I am surprised by the number of times I've been matched against the same familiar names when playing (pre-patch it seemed like there was a solid 80-100k players on PS4, so it's odd to see so many recurring players).

Contrary to what some people are fuming about, I don't feel like the matchmaking is so imbalanced. Yes, I am only in the 30s with my main's gear score, but even the 108s I come up against are manageable (for the most part). I don't put that down to me be any good (I lose far more games than I win), but I gotta figure those with high stats who are dropped into my games are being judged on a different metric of skill than just their gear. I've been schooled by grey gear players as frequently as gold gear, and stood my ground in much the same capacity in a fair number of fights. Right now at least, it still doesn't feel like the game is struggling to adjust its matchmaking to my level overall (my stats are ok, not great, but expectantly average).

Still, I cannot deny the feeling that the vast majority of players have jumped ship for Zelda or whatnot, and I am truly dreading the idea that I am going to become useless in the coming weeks!

TLDR: I love this game, but don't want to be left in the lurch as a completely inconsequential player if the playerbase actually drops as it is seeming to. Thank god I can always fall back on vsAI once y'all shoot miles ahead of me!

Frappenstain
03-14-2017, 08:57 AM

Steam is not the only source you can play. Ubi club, retail version, consoles...

DrExtrem
03-14-2017, 09:30 AM

In your dreams.

Before the last patch, xbox numbers were going down. Btw. There is a reason they patched out the display of how many players are currently playing.

On xbox, we needed the doubled amount of time to meet our 4.4million dominion matches played. Fin fact, because it counts for every player, who participated, you can roughly devide the number by eight - assuming, that for every rage quitter, a fresh victim joins.

Alustar.
03-14-2017, 11:08 AM
I don't need a read out on the gui telling me how many people are active to want to play. Just saiyan.

Eddeh07
03-14-2017, 12:01 PM
I don't need a read out on the gui telling me how many people are active to want to play. Just saiyan.

I thought that too. But the second they took it away I became more curious than ever.

Is there any other source that you lot know of to try and find out how many people are currently online? I know I've been linked to pages for the likes of Battlefield/battlefront in the past.

Captain-Courage
03-14-2017, 12:15 PM
For the PC version steamcharts is a handy tool.

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390

It only counts steam users, but these articles told us than steam is more than 50 % of the PC user base (It tells long about consumers' habits by the way)

https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/23/over-50-of-for-honor-players-on-pc-bought-the-game-through-steam/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/for-honor/for-honor-steam-player-base-uplay

Refering this source

http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-player-and-viewer-count-launch-numbers/

We could easily make the count ourselves when the players number was avalaible in the social menu, and compare it to Steam numbers.
It's not the case anymore, since 2 weeks.
The numbers are not that good on PC anyways, since launch (P2P seems to have been a big factor for PC users, and that's totally understandable).