PDA

View Full Version : For Honor summary

Burn-The-Sinner
03-14-2017, 01:54 AM
1) Spec-ta-cu-lar gameplay, absolute top. Regardless some of the imbalances, this game should be considered as The Benchmark. And even if points 2) and 3) ultimately kill For Honor, other more competent people will surely pick this awesome concept and wrap it around in a flawless technical execution without having to write points 2) and 3) below...

2) Network failure. I have played games over dial up (Re-Volt :D ), but even then so many errors were unthinkable. I think i read in this forum that if the User that hosts the session alt+f4s, the system won't choose a new host, but will just crash and everyone gets booted. I am flabbergasted how they could overlook such a thing? P2P system makes sense and it is indeed the most optimal solution, but why on Earth would someone let a user host a session and deal with handshaking and w/e???

----------------------------

3) This game is priced $60 - perfectly OK for me as i don't care about PvE and played through it only for "Realistic" mode just to gain better grasp of the mechanics. But what about the more inclined to PvE people there is next to nothing content. Sketchy campaign with a story written by some network developer's 3 year old Down syndrome kid with NULL replayablity.

0 content. All those patterns and decorations that you have to grind your brains out are absolutely worthless - they are all virtually indistinguishable things that some graphical designer put up in Illustrator for 30 min by randomly throwing line and circle primitives. "Season pass" - ??? The lack of content can only be topped by this nonsense. Pay what to gain a week early access to characters and more decorations. I can't imagine someone buy this with a "customer" mindset. It's more of _well wishing donor_ mindset. Create new stories, new campaigns - that will be make sense to purchase as a DLC for a lot of people.

But even PvP suffers from the lack of infrastructure. Where are the ladders? Tournaments? Have you never played other games in your life?

And it looks like this game is overall plagued by the MBA degree. You know there is some moron that went through some ******** program learning how to manage businesses he never built or envisioned, from some ******ed textbook with lots of colorful pictures, written by old pedophiles that also have never started any business in their life.

Overall, so much potential. I hope For Honor grows and gets better. Because right now it looks like a polished alpha version ready to move to beta.

tonycawley69
03-14-2017, 02:02 AM
I'm under the impression this game doesn't have a host, as such. Yes I know it's a p2p connection, but it's a very different p2p than what we're all used to.

In standard p2p you have a host, he acts as the server and you all connect to them.

In this game, it's more like a spiders web, every player is directly connected to every player. This is why if one player quits, regardless of who that player is, the game goes into meltdown because it has to reconnect every player back to every player.

STVRSEED
03-14-2017, 02:09 AM
I'm under the impression this game doesn't have a host, as such. Yes I know it's a p2p connection, but it's a very different p2p than what we're all used to.

In standard p2p you have a host, he acts as the server and you all connect to them.

In this game, it's more like a spiders web, every player is directly connected to every player. This is why if one player quits, regardless of who that player is, the game goes into meltdown because it has to reconnect every player back to every player.

The game clearly says (when you join a session) You have joined *insert player name*'s session. And after that you see all the other players join. There is still 1 player chosen as the "host", normally if he leaves the system should choose another player as host. But as we all know this doesnt seem to work seemlesly yet.