PDA

View Full Version : Constant Drops Are...

DizzleFresh13
03-14-2017, 01:52 AM
Completely unacceptable in a multiplayer focused game.

For Honor truly is a great game and I've been playing non stop since Open Beta. I was content with the drops for the first month and figured it would get fixed with an update or something but this has gotten out of hand now.

I don't know who's responsible for the netcode or connection issues but whoever it is should be ashamed of themselves and embarrassed for failing so hard in 2017. Games 10 years ago had much better networking.

There should be 0 drops, and if someone quits, there should be no game freezing resyncs or matches crashing which kick everyone out with NO XP, STEEL or ORDER PROGRESS.

If this happened here and there, maybe it would be passable. But that's not the case. These issues occur frequently on a regular basis. That is not acceptable whatsoever.

There should be ownership in this failing and whoever is responsible for this should address the community and ensure us that this is not acceptable to the developers, company and community as well and that there are people working 24/7 to fix this as soon as humanly possible.

Or....

Be real with the community and tell us that this is working as intented and there are no plans to further invest in making the network a more pleasant gaming experience.

STVRSEED
03-14-2017, 02:11 AM
Preach brother...preach

UbiJurassic
03-14-2017, 03:00 AM
Hey DizzleFresh13, communicating about the issues and addressing them is very important to the team. Recently, we have started hosting livestreams where our developers take the time to talk about issues that are important to the community, such as connectivity. They happen every Tuesday at 1PM EST on Twitch and Facebook. You can see the latest one here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1600490-(Updated-3-8-17)-Warriors-Den-Livestream-(Mar-7th)). We appreciate everyone's patience and feedback so far and we assure you that the team is working hard to make sure that the issues are resolved.

DizzleFresh13
03-14-2017, 03:15 AM
Hey DizzleFresh13, communicating about the issues and addressing them is very important to the team. Recently, we have started hosting livestreams where our developers take the time to talk about issues that are important to the community, such as connectivity. They happen every Tuesday at 1PM EST on Twitch and Facebook. You can see the latest one here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1600490-(Updated-3-8-17)-Warriors-Den-Livestream-(Mar-7th)). We appreciate everyone's patience and feedback so far and we assure you that the team is working hard to make sure that the issues are resolved.

Thank you for your response.

I really am sincere when I say that For Honor is truly an amazing game. I did watch one of the live streams last week and listened to one of the developers say that it's better to have ppl with bad connections host a game or to play with ppl in close proximity for optimal matchmaking. I took that as, "it's working as intended" or, "no plans to fix the issue at this time." I didn't hear that they were already working on fixing the issue. I apologize if I was ignorant. I'll go back and watch some of the previous streams.

Thank you for the fast response.

ddstrbdd
03-14-2017, 03:29 AM
Thank you for your response.

I really am sincere when I say that For Honor is truly an amazing game. I did watch one of the live streams last week and listened to one of the developers say that it's better to have ppl with bad connections host a game or to play with ppl in close proximity for optimal matchmaking. I took that as, "it's working as intended" or, "no plans to fix the issue at this time." I didn't hear that they were already working on fixing the issue. I apologize if I was ignorant. I'll go back and watch some of the previous streams.

Thank you for the fast response.

If they are working on it or fixing it, how long are we supposed to wait? I do not understand why this is still happening, I just finished playing, but stopped because I was tired of getting dropped. After a couple hours I was kicked out more than five times. This is just unacceptable, and I don't know why anyone who hasn't already invested in the season pass or other content would, after such poor connectivity! It will be the downfall of the game!

Felis_Menari
03-14-2017, 03:29 AM
I like to consider myself a patient man, but these last few days the rampant connection issues are becoming rather irritating. It's almost bad enough to say that For Honor should simply be closed down until the disconnection issues are rectified.

DizzleFresh13
03-14-2017, 04:39 AM
I like to consider myself a patient man, but these last few days the rampant connection issues are becoming rather irritating. It's almost bad enough to say that For Honor should simply be closed down until the disconnection issues are rectified.

Same here. I'm usually very patient and understanding. Been playing daily since Open Beta and this was my first rant.

Reflecting back now, I'm pretty upset that the open beta was so short and a few days prior to the release. What were the devs hoping to see and fix by then? It's very sad to see such an awesome, well polished game be dragged down so hard by its networking.

Bob__Gnarly
03-14-2017, 04:52 AM
Same here. I'm usually very patient and understanding. Been playing daily since Open Beta and this was my first rant.

Reflecting back now, I'm pretty upset that the open beta was so short and a few days prior to the release. What were the devs hoping to see and fix by then? It's very sad to see such an awesome, well polished game be dragged down so hard by its networking.

I kind of wish we could go back to the beta, it worked much better than today's build.

Chaos_Model
03-14-2017, 05:01 AM
Sorry, I take the reply from community rep as lip service, Ubisoft stated "via an article posted in PCGames LAST YEAR when these issues were presented to them. Their reply? (this is verbatim per the article) "The way we designed our peer-to-peer online architecture will allow us to provide a smooth and reliable online experience to all players when the game launches". Fast forward 3 months and ...voila, you have a game that is unpredictably unstable due to Ubisoft's "p2p online architecture". /golfclap

Seriously, you can't tell me it's taken from the time the issue was addressed (prior to the games offical launch) to now to realize you have a glaring problem, stop side stepping and treating gamers like idiots.

Blackball8
03-14-2017, 05:30 AM
Well i am tapping out again tonight after being dropped by an in match error code. Seriously, WTF is up with this game? How can you make a multiplayer title if you can't get 8 guys in a game together for what 8 minutes??? No wonder there is no ranked mode. Can you imagine being error coded out of 40 percent of your ranked matches? This title is a fun concept, but wow, your networking or netcode or whatever...........totally sucks.

DizzleFresh13
03-14-2017, 05:51 AM
Sorry, I take the reply from community rep as lip service, Ubisoft stated "via an article posted in PCGames LAST YEAR when these issues were presented to them. Their reply? (this is verbatim per the article) "The way we designed our peer-to-peer online architecture will allow us to provide a smooth and reliable online experience to all players when the game launches". Fast forward 3 months and ...voila, you have a game that is unpredictably unstable due to Ubisoft's "p2p online architecture". /golfclap

Seriously, you can't tell me it's taken from the time the issue was addressed (prior to the games offical launch) to now to realize you have a glaring problem, stop side stepping and treating gamers like idiots.

I hope they figure out a way to salvage their p2p system and fix the connection issues since we know they aren't going to build an entire new one from scratch.

If they can't figure out a way to make their network legit and work like all the other online games out there today, then they either have to hire outside help to fix it or seriously halt all DLC content, reimburse those that paid for the DLC, and put all their efforts into working on For Honor 2.

The game is truly amazing and it's a shame it's fallen so low due to something as simple as networking. Can't think of any other online games I've played in the last decade that have this problem.

Valtaya
03-14-2017, 07:55 AM
Unfortunately "we" are just dumb end consumers. If we were a contractor, they would halt all projects and redirect all manpower to fix the issues asap, but we are not. They know we are SO damn stupid, that we will buy the next shiny gem once it is released, no matter how dull and broken it is inside.