PDA

View Full Version : The Last Samurai?

Fordol
03-13-2017, 09:35 PM
Hey all,

Just wondering what faction you are all playing for. I play with the Samurai, and we're getting beasted badly across the board. Kind of feels like I'm the only one left. How many are we?

Gray360UK
03-13-2017, 09:48 PM
Just you ;)

Mengtheman
03-13-2017, 09:52 PM
Just you ;)

I never choose the Samurai faction. Because them katanas and odachis bend from heavy impact, no good on the battlefield.

corazondedelfin
03-13-2017, 09:58 PM
Hey all,

Just wondering what faction you are all playing for. I play with the Samurai, and we're getting beasted badly across the board. Kind of feels like I'm the only one left. How many are we?

Im a samurai, but I have to play as a Viking-faction to be able to wear a damn rounded yinyan emblem for my character.

But Im a samurai in heart so I voted samurai :D

Mengtheman
03-13-2017, 10:14 PM
well, they did not see use against heavy iron armor or european weaponry. however, a well forged katana is pretty solid and very well suited for the purpose it was intended.

anyway, to the topic: will stay with the samurai; in my opinion, they are warrior spirit incarnate.
名誉のために。

Lol. A $10,000.00 katanas will still bend on heavy impact. You never knew all katanas have weak soft steel? The only hard part of the blade's steel is the edge. I know a lot bout swords, don't get me started.

Fordol
03-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Lol. A $10,000.00 katanas will still bend on heavy impact. You never knew all katanas have weak soft steel? The only hard part of the blade's steel is the edge. I know a lot bout swords, don't get me started.

If you want to discuss that get your own thread please. :)

Ulrichvonbek111
03-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Miyamoto Musashi would be proud of the Bushido brothers and sisters who stay loyal to the Faction,,,not like those who jump sides,,,dishonoured.
Push on and see what happens. ....
Fly straight with perfection

Ulrichvonbek111
03-13-2017, 10:55 PM

Well what would you know really,,Winchester boy....you've no medevial or renaissance history...Europe and Japan steeped in it
Maybe 7th cavalry, ,,,lol,,,,remember Little Big Horn...make me laugh...

pancakerz
03-13-2017, 11:05 PM
Im a samurai, but I have to play as a Viking-faction to be able to wear a damn rounded yinyan emblem for my character.

But Im a samurai in heart so I voted samurai :D

so as far as the poll goes, we have to reduce the samurai count by one.

btw, samurai player here. Yea, we're getting our fudge packed in the faction war. I've stopped deploying my assets manually because it's not even worth it anymore.

Fordol
03-13-2017, 11:06 PM
Well what would you know really,,Winchester boy....you've no medevial or renaissance history...Europe and Japan steeped in it

Again. if you want to discuss the merits of katanas please make another thread

Fordol
03-14-2017, 12:00 AM
arrogance? read what i wrote. besides, steel used today is different then the one used in traditional forging, even bainite steel (this stuff used for tools and so on) is used nowadays.
anyway, i am no smith or forging expert, but i used to use swords a lot, like 20+ active years? anyway, my point was katana have not been made for a clashing battle of steel. if used this way, they in fact proved not up to the task of withstanding heavy damage during prolonged use. however, the way of fighting, the armor, the overall weaponry - imagining some kinda phalanx of samurai all armed with katana .. no, this was not a thing. but i won't continue and begin a history lesson here.

in the end, i did like to point out the values that drove me to choose the samurai faction - not some rl weaponry comparison.
besides, if i'd be up against an fully steel clad opponent, i'd use some heavy impact weaponry and nothing else. going for cut's wouldn't cut it.

GET ANOTHER THREAD, and stop derailing mine

UbiJurassic
03-14-2017, 12:38 AM

arrogance? read what i wrote. besides, steel used today is different then the one used in traditional forging, even bainite steel (this stuff used for tools and so on) is used nowadays.
anyway, i am no smith or forging expert, but i used to use swords a lot, like 20+ active years? anyway, my point was katana have not been made for a clashing battle of steel. if used this way, they in fact proved not up to the task of withstanding heavy damage during prolonged use. however, the way of fighting, the armor, the overall weaponry - imagining some kinda phalanx of samurai all armed with katana .. no, this was not a thing. but i won't continue and begin a history lesson here.

in the end, i did like to point out the values that drove me to choose the samurai faction - not some rl weaponry comparison.
besides, if i'd be up against an fully steel clad opponent, i'd use some heavy impact weaponry and nothing else. going for cut's wouldn't cut it.

As the OP kindly asked, please remain on topic for the thread. If you'd like to continue talking about Japanese weaponry, please create a new thread. I'm sure others would love to join in on the discussion. :)

Helnekromancer
03-14-2017, 01:30 AM
Samurai here, yea we aren't doing so hot in the Faction and just like the Campaign of this game, we are the smallest of the 3 Faction. Whatever strides we do make immediately get pushed back in our faces. The highest I've seen us was 26 pieces of territory think, and lowest 6 or 7 it's pretty ****ed up but that's not gonna stop me and my Nobushi from kicking *** and watching people try to run to the nearest health boost and bleed out. "YEA YOU CAN'T OUT RUN BLEED DAMAGE SIR".:D

TCTF_SWAT
03-14-2017, 01:34 AM
Samurai here, yea we aren't doing so hot in the Faction and just like the Campaign of this game, we are the smallest of the 3 Faction. Whatever strides we do make immediately get pushed back in our faces. The highest I've seen us was 26 pieces of territory think, and lowest 6 or 7 it's pretty ****ed up but that's not gonna stop me and my Nobushi from kicking *** and watching people try to run to the nearest health boost and bleed out. "YEA YOU CAN'T OUT RUN BLEED DAMAGE SIR".:D

equips thick blood

Causally strides over to health boost.

Merc572
03-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Samurai here all the way to the end, could careless about the faction war means nothing in my opinion.

From what i can see is basically the knights and vikings just attack samurai.

Ive yet to see Knights push north and vikings push west.

Its easier for them to focus on samurai as it seems were the smaller faction base

psyminion
03-14-2017, 01:48 AM
samurai orochi main here.

unfortunately I think our faction is diluted by the most 'casual' warriors of all the factions, thereby harming our glorious counterstrike campaign.

MagicElmo
03-14-2017, 08:29 AM
We're the clever ones that stopped playing and moved on. :-)

But no really, because of the DC issues I started playing vs the AI as at least you would finish most of your games that way.
Sure the AFK farming is annoying, but not as bad as rage quitters making the whole game crash.
And even 3 vs 4 against AI is usually a win.
But playing against the AI is only fun for a while, so I went to play other games.

As for Samurai, you'll notice that during Asian prime time we usually gain some land, but in general it seems that Vikings are the most popular faction and have the most players.
Knights do usually well when us Europeans play.
But really, does it matter, faction war right now isn't that great anyway and only the last few turns count.

I plan to come back to For Honor in a few months hoping game will be fixed and alive.

Fordol
03-14-2017, 09:57 AM

But no really, because of the DC issues I started playing vs the AI as at least you would finish most of your games that way.
Sure the AFK farming is annoying, but not as bad as rage quitters making the whole game crash.
But playing against the AI is only fun for a while, so I went to play other games.

As for Samurai, you'll notice that during Asian prime time we usually gain some land, but in general it seems that Vikings are the most popular faction and have the most players.
But really, does it matter, faction war right now isn't that great anyway and only the last few turns count.

I plan to come back to For Honor in a few months hoping game will be fixed and alive.

Just feeling a bit frustrated that we always seem to be losing ground, so wondered what the numbers were like.

Interesting that Vikings actually have the least votes. Have they not learned how to write yet, and are trying to carve runes into their monitors? :P

Fordol
03-14-2017, 09:59 AM

Just feeling a bit frustrated that we always seem to be losing ground, so wondered what the numbers were like.

Interesting that Vikings actually have the least votes. Have they not learned how to write yet, and are trying to carve runes into their monitors? :P

KaidzenMonada
03-14-2017, 10:04 AM
Interesting thing is that there are a lot of players whose main is from Samurai, but their faction is either Knights or Vikings. I don't understand these people.