PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Bomber Scoring

JG26_Jabo_Fatz
01-31-2004, 07:06 PM
When flying the HE-111 if I am hit by AAA or a ships gunner while attacking the target, yet manage to return to home base sucessfully, I only get 10% of the score and a message saying I have been shot down by AAA or the ship's gunner upon landing.

Some provision should be made to reflect the fact that, although wounded or shot up, the aircraft returned to base sucessfully.

S!
JG26/Jabo/Fatz

JG26_Jabo_Fatz
01-31-2004, 07:06 PM
When flying the HE-111 if I am hit by AAA or a ships gunner while attacking the target, yet manage to return to home base sucessfully, I only get 10% of the score and a message saying I have been shot down by AAA or the ship's gunner upon landing.

Some provision should be made to reflect the fact that, although wounded or shot up, the aircraft returned to base sucessfully.

S!
JG26/Jabo/Fatz

Future-
01-31-2004, 07:48 PM
I agree... plus there's another thing:

when you're making a bomb or torpedo attack, and you already released your weapons, but get killed before they impact, then usually the released weapons cause NO damage.

That's pretty ridiculous to say the least, cause even if the plane that dropped the weapon gets killed, the bomb/torpedo remains unharmed and armed. So the weapons should cause the full damage as well.

- Future

Commanding Officer of the 530th Bomb Squad
380th Bomb Group 5th AF USAAF

http://invisionfree.com:54/40/30/upload/p1083.jpg

Visit us at http://members.tripod.com/tophatssquadron , home of the 310th FS and the 380th BG

LW_lcarp
01-31-2004, 10:35 PM
YEs have to agree on this one. Its annoying knowing you made it back to base only to give the guy that shot you up some points. And also with the Torpedos and bombs bscoming duds after your shot down is annoying

"If winning isnt everything why do they keep score"
Vince Lombardi

KG26_Alpha
02-01-2004, 10:52 AM
The no score for dying whem bombing/torping thing was if I remember to stop Kamakazi type pilots winning missions/objectives by simply plunging into the target screaming BANZAI!!!! and leaving saying thanks for the coop mission spoiling the whole scenario for the serious coop pilots back in IL2 Sturmovik days.
Of course i may be wrong.
The scoring has changed also for RTBing damaged as of yet I have not figured out how the assessments made as I've landed lightly damaged He111's expecting a healthy score only to see 10% of it recorded, also belly landing or defunct engines affect the total score but to be penalized for this is silly.