PDA

View Full Version : Season Pass should= unlimited champion status

AWorldofPain54
03-13-2017, 07:45 PM
Why the heck do we only get 30 days of champion status if we have the season pass? Champion status should be with us 100% of the time....i might not have done this post if the champion status didn't tick away even when you aren't playing, but it does. So Ubisoft, what does the season pass give us once the champion status is up after 30 days? Just 8 characters. So we had to pay 5 dollars a dlc charecter? I dont think new maps really matters too much either bc all the community does is complain about getting killed by environment, so maps would almost be useless except keeping the look fresh. Come on Ubisoft I gave you $100 for this game. Let me keep my freaking Champion status for the entire time!

DrExtrem
03-13-2017, 07:49 PM
Six.

Its six characters. And yes, season pass holders should get something extra. Like extra steel every month on the 1st and 15th.

sykout25
03-13-2017, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. I actually thought of the same thing and everyone agreed as well. These new business models are insulting to the consumers...short term it works - but long term it fails.

Pope138
03-13-2017, 08:48 PM
Are the maps paid DLC? I was thinking they were free to all. If not, wtf? What is this 2005? I thought devs knew by now that dividing the community with paywalls is bad.

As for champ status, yeah I thought it was for the whole "season" that the word "season" implies in the term "Season Pass." Meaning once all maps and characters are released, THEN champ status ends. 30 days... My first true Ubisoft experience and the shameless greed is disturbing.

MeArney
03-13-2017, 08:58 PM
They should remake the whole economic system in the game.Too little steel to be worth the time

DrExtrem
03-13-2017, 09:07 PM
Are the maps paid DLC? I was thinking they were free to all. If not, wtf? What is this 2005? I thought devs knew by now that dividing the community with paywalls is bad.

As for champ status, yeah I thought it was for the whole "season" that the word "season" implies in the term "Season Pass." Meaning once all maps and characters are released, THEN champ status ends. 30 days... My first true Ubisoft experience and the shameless greed is disturbing.

The maps are for free. The community is meant to remain together. A wise move considering how many people are leaving.

The heroes will be available a week earlier for the season pass holders. It is said, that we (season pass holders) will get them for free but imvho, they will be easy to unlock. But we can can be happy, because we get six "unique" outfits for them ... "that should be enough".

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Why the heck do we only get 30 days of champion status if we have the season pass? Champion status should be with us 100% of the time....i might not have done this post if the champion status didn't tick away even when you aren't playing, but it does. So Ubisoft, what does the season pass give us once the champion status is up after 30 days? Just 8 characters. So we had to pay 5 dollars a dlc charecter? I dont think new maps really matters too much either bc all the community does is complain about getting killed by environment, so maps would almost be useless except keeping the look fresh. Come on Ubisoft I gave you $100 for this game. Let me keep my freaking Champion status for the entire time!

You get all new characters a week early, for free. Everyone else has to pay like 25000 steel or something outrageous like that. You are well compensated.

ChaoseyesX33
03-13-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm not saying I agree with what you get from the pass. I also despise micro-transactions. However, they keep putting them in because people keep buying them. Hell, I've bought some from time to time. Let's add up what Ubisoft "gives" pass holders.

30 day champion status=15000 steel.
3 scavenger packs=1500
Elite outfits for new heros, one for each= 42000
Exclsusive emblems etc= who cares

All in total is 58,500. Roughly $58.50 US. Is it really fair? Alot would say no. But it is to ubisoft, and most other game companies.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-13-2017, 09:16 PM
I'm not saying I agree with what you get from the pass. I also despise micro-transactions. However, they keep putting them in because people keep buying them. Hell, I've bought some from time to time. Let's add up what Ubisoft "gives" pass holders.

30 day champion status=15000 steel.
3 scavenger packs=1500
Elite outfits for new heros, one for each= 42000
Exclsusive emblems etc= who cares

All in total is 58,500. Roughly $58.50 US. Is it really fair? Alot would say no. But it is to ubisoft, and most other game companies.

You are forgetting that they get all new DLC characters for free, I heard they were going to cost and outrageous amount of steel.

ChaoseyesX33
03-13-2017, 09:20 PM
That's a good point man. There's been quite a bit of speculation on the dlc characters.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-13-2017, 09:24 PM
yes, I suppose we will have to wait and see until they're released to determine if it was valuable to purchase season pass.

Miadous
03-13-2017, 09:37 PM
It would be a good idea to get enough complaints going that eventually Ubisoft will at least take a glance at reworking the economic system. The steel earned in this game is pathetic. I mean, they haven't fixed anything else, but maybe next year we can get a revamped economic system for the few hundred people that still might be playing.

lucasnrachel
03-13-2017, 10:18 PM
I would say you should get an additional 30 days since the network issues have been so bad but 30 days is 30 days . They did not tell you 720 playing hours.

Had a guy circle farming , trying to legitimize his actions by saying he was being screwed as his champion status is being wasted while he is grocery shopping, working and sleeping.
I understand that most of the people probably didn't resort to this at all and I'll back you at an additional 30 days because of game issues and networking. 😀 But not anyone confirmed to have been exploiting.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-14-2017, 12:26 AM
Had a guy circle farming , trying to legitimize his actions by saying he was being screwed as his champion status is being wasted while he is grocery shopping, working and sleeping.

This guy should be banned for circle farming, but he has a point on the champion status. Other games that have payed experience boosters, like GW2, have them based on playing hours, the thing clock every second you spend in the game.

lucasnrachel
03-14-2017, 01:00 AM
This guy should be banned for circle farming, but he has a point on the champion status. Other games that have payed experience boosters, like GW2, have them based on playing hours, the thing clock every second you spend in the game.

I can understand the frustration I really can. Unfortunately here is a direct quote on what you'd be paying for in the season pass in regards to champion status.

"GET CHAMPION STATUS FOR 30 DAYS
Champion Status gives you and your teammates increased XP, plus you get 3 exclusive emblems and an exclusive icon in addition to more end match loot and more materials from dismantling."

They would have a class action lawsuit if they in anyway gave an indication it was 30 days of logged in time.

Heck Id even think that 45 ACTUAL days (not 1080 hours of game play ) would be fair since the season pass holders have essentially bought half of another game at full price at convince items.
But I don't think 45 days would appease you guys either.
I'm in your corner​ to get something done as the connectivity and bugs are really a plague even now. That ladies and gentlemen is definitely NOT fair as you should be compensated for knowingly supporting an online game where you'll be able to grind everything for just base price.

Ubisoft has their money from you so unfortunately this thread or others like it need to be very long/ a lot more replies to go anywhere.