PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking problem and FIX

DBroncos
03-13-2017, 07:11 PM
The Problem:

As it stands now, you are match-made based off of your account prestige level, and does not take into account which hero you are going to play with. (As it does not know ahead of time which character you will select after finding a match) So let's say your main is a Prestige 5 character and you want to try playing a new class. You jump onto a prestige 0, level 1 new character and are matchmade into games against a full team of enemy P5s with 108 gear. Not only do they massively out-gear you, you have no experience with the new class. You do not yet know their strengths and weaknesses, and also don't know their moveset as well either. For me, I feel pidgeon-holed into playing my main or face getting stomped when trying to learn new classes, either due to skill or gear, or both. I'm sure many others out there agree that this game is not built well around the idea of playing multiple classes while still having fun.

The Solution:

Have the game make us select our class BEFORE queuing for a match. After the match is found, we can select from the preset loadouts for the chosen character. In this way the game can matchmake based off of account "skill" combined with individual class experience and gear score. This will result in much more balanced games, and allow players to branch out and learn more about all the classes in the game, instead of being thrashed when trying to learn a new class.

If you are out there reading this and think this is a good idea, let the Devs know! If you want to try new classes and still be on a level playing field, LET THE DEVS KNOW! And if there's any suggestions you have for further improvement to the matchmaking, feel free to share your ideas!

-DBroncos

Vilerin
03-13-2017, 07:21 PM
The Problem:

As it stands now, you are match-made based off of your account prestige level, and does not take into account which hero you are going to play with. (As it does not know ahead of time which character you will select after finding a match) So let's say your main is a Prestige 5 character and you want to try playing a new class. You jump onto a prestige 0, level 1 new character and are matchmade into games against a full team of enemy P5s with 108 gear. Not only do they massively out-gear you, you have no experience with the new class. You do not yet know their strengths and weaknesses, and also don't know their moveset as well either. For me, I feel pidgeon-holed into playing my main or face getting stomped when trying to learn new classes, either due to skill or gear, or both. I'm sure many others out there agree that this game is not built well around the idea of playing multiple classes while still having fun.

The Solution:

Have the game make us select our class BEFORE queuing for a match. After the match is found, we can select from the preset loadouts for the chosen character. In this way the game can matchmake based off of account "skill" combined with individual class experience and gear score. This will result in much more balanced games, and allow players to branch out and learn more about all the classes in the game, instead of being thrashed when trying to learn a new class.

If you are out there reading this and think this is a good idea, let the Devs know! If you want to try new classes and still be on a level playing field, LET THE DEVS KNOW! And if there's any suggestions you have for further improvement to the matchmaking, feel free to share your ideas!

-DBroncos

Devs know that, there are lots of games that work like this.

This would require time and money from ubisoft and looking at current for honor state - game died, because of their own greed but this is different topic.
Do not expect anything from now on from this title.

DBroncos
03-15-2017, 07:56 PM
I would like the Devs to at least give a response or any input on to why the system I proposed could not, or should not be implemented. I don't think that it would require that much time or money, I know they have to change the order that the game goes through 2 operations, and add a variable into the matchmaking service, but it doesn't seem like it would be that time consuming, and it'd be more than worth it when their playerbase in turn has more fun and the game has more re-playability when switching to new classes. Keeping active (aka paying) players around is a good thing for any game/gaming company.

I think it's a great game with a great mechanical foundation, but there are definite improvements that could be made to VASTLY improve the experience for the players IMO.