PDA

View Full Version : Major Connection Issues: Dominion PVP Connection Failure Rate Through the Roof!

Fat Viking66
03-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Ubisoft: What happened to the stability of the game?

I was away on business for 5 days, came back this past weekend and Dominion in particular is currently delivering a 75%+ failure to connect rate.

The Problem: Failure to get into a Dominion Match (and often other player vs. player game types). Never happens against AI.

The Symptoms: A variety! Sometimes it's a network error, failure to connect. Sometimes I go all the way through matchmaking, get to loading in, and then a network error drops me out. Sometimes at various other stages of tat process.

Frequency: ALL the time. :) Seriously, I'm seeing a greater than 75% failure to connect rate in Dominion. Less so in others.

My Situation: XB1. NAT is green. Ports are open. Running on ATT Gigafiber network with more bandwidth than i can use. Never have issues like this in any other PVP type game I play (and i play a number of them).

I'm hearing the same feedback from my gaming community. We are having fun in For Honor but these issues are driving us away. And we're consistently all seeing them to various degrees.

What's going on Ubisoft? Please acknowledge the issues and communicate your plans to address.

Thanks!

Fat Viking66

Dizzy4213
03-13-2017, 07:29 PM
I doubt these issues will ever get fixed. So long as they insist on using P2P connection, expect this to become the norm.

I'm seriously giving up on this game. It's starting to become a complete waste of time. Fighting matches, only to get a stupid error code and no rewards. I pretty much log on, do my orders, and then log off. Not going to waste my time trying to do anything else as there is a 90% chance I'll get disconnected anyway.

CjP1294
03-13-2017, 07:38 PM
The problems everyone seem to be describing seem are related to connectivity. This is a problem we are well aware of and that we are seeking to address as soon as possible. Over the course of future patches, we hope to resolve all the factors causing connection issues for everyone. We are also working on providing players with better connectivity troubleshooting steps. We hope to have those posted soon.

This is a statement from one of the devs on a post regarding the issue. Honestly I understand they can't do anything right this second to wave a magic wand and fix the issue instantly. But the language of the post leads me to believe they're going to take a "It's your connection" stance until they find a way to address the crashing of the host migration on rage quits.

*Edit* I hope I'm wrong on that last bit.

Goldencogsworth
03-13-2017, 07:40 PM
This is ridiculous! Can't even get a Dominion match started. Literally play 3min of a map, and get kicked out. Do they really care that little?!

Sandpit77
03-13-2017, 08:22 PM
I'm sure they care, but they aren't going to do anything about it. This game is the single most broken hunk of junk I've ever owned and that's saying something (I once owned an 80s model Checy Celebrity...)

They don't have to honor refunds for their broken product so get used to it I suppose. Last time I support Ubi on any of their products. I can't and haven't been able to play since launch. Now I'm stuck with a defective product.

Bob__Gnarly
03-13-2017, 10:07 PM
They tried to patch the game, that's what happened. The last 2 patches have made the connectivity issues worse than what they already were. The beta had less issues than the current build, by a long shot.

Brawls/duels seem to fair okay, but if you're looking to do 4v4s good luck to ya! If you're looking to do them with mates, it just gets even more difficult...