PDA

View Full Version : What percentage of games that you try to join get all the way through to the end?

Cel nxtlvl
03-13-2017, 06:31 PM
I'm curious, based on your experience, what percentage of games that you join make it all the way to the end of the match?

I find that about 40% to 50% of the time, I get disconnected either while trying to join or when a player rage quits.

How about you all? These disconnects are unforgivable.

Turric4n666
03-13-2017, 06:31 PM
approx. 95% go to the end. But that is kinda biased because i mainly play Duel/Brawl.

AveImperator85
03-13-2017, 06:33 PM
I play mostly Dominion and Elimination/Skirmish. About 95% of my games are played to completion.

stickyfingergan
03-13-2017, 06:39 PM
I play everyday after work and it's 50/50 with dominion and 70/30 with elimination that's why I only play elimination

Cel nxtlvl
03-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Are you guys factoring in the games that you connect to but fail to commence? cuz that counts too

Turric4n666
03-13-2017, 06:52 PM
Are you guys factoring in the games that you connect to but fail to commence? cuz that counts too

what´s that?

i see.

well.. i fail to join some matches but max 10%. Most of it due to the lobby being full.

Aventhurion
03-13-2017, 07:01 PM
When I play duel or brawl I usually don't have any connection problems.
Dominion vs. other players actually is my favourite mode, but I think I can not even finish 50 percent of my matches due to disconnects. If I count in the error codes that can appear before a match commences then it's probably around 30 percent. That is also the reason why I dismiss all orders for this mode, it's just too frustrating to always have to do it all over again.
Elimination/Skirmish work a bit better, I think I can start and finish about 50-60 percent of my matches.
On some days, however, I can't even start a single match and get error codes all the time.

Jobsalot
03-13-2017, 07:02 PM
I'd say I can start and finish about 70 - 75 % of all games and I play all game modes more or less equally.

Icetower
03-13-2017, 07:06 PM
95%

supertaco0
03-13-2017, 07:07 PM
After the 1.03 patch I can't even play duel/brawl. The game will stop processing between rounds when it goes to the black screen or at the end of the match if I make it there. I can still play dominion but 50% of the time it will do the same thing at the end of the match. been waiting for about a week to reply to my ticket

Cel nxtlvl
03-13-2017, 07:28 PM
i see, duel/brawl is more stable but still fails sometimes, especially when first connecting or when someone rage quits Everything else is completely unreliable in my experience.

So do you all think that you will be able to tolerate these drop rates?
Will you continue to invest money into a game like this, like in expansions or store purchases?

cuz i know i won't sink another penny into this game until it's improved

Gus6666
03-13-2017, 07:37 PM
40-45% of all my game to the end if lucky.
And no it not a trouble with my connection ..destiny battlefield cod never disconnect..got trouble only with for honor server ...

massive02
03-13-2017, 08:22 PM
about 90% for me,

but if we talk about issues that disrupt gameplay like synchronization probably 1/3 games i get synchronization

secrecy274
03-13-2017, 08:28 PM
About 95%, and that's only if we factor in "fail to join".
However I play mainly Duel/Brawl, so there's that.

Oh, right. If we also count when my opponent ragequits, I might be down to around 50%.

Ichnich89
03-13-2017, 08:34 PM
Duel brawl 95%
4v4 ca 80%

Aphlitix
03-13-2017, 08:35 PM
From game select to completion about 90%.

Mostly dominion but I will complete the PVP orders in other game types when available.

Edit: I went through the trouble of getting my NAT to green

Sandpit77
03-13-2017, 08:41 PM
I stopped counting once I got to disco and/or unable to connect, etc. 30 out of 33 games. This is a broken product and Ubi should be ashamed of themselves.

AveImperator85
03-13-2017, 08:42 PM
I stopped counting once I got to disco and/or unable to connect, etc. 30 out of 33 games. This is a broken product and Ubi should be ashamed of themselves.

What platform do you play on? I wouldn't call it a "broken product" when there are thousands playing without any troubles at all. I notice the connection issues seem to be more common on PC and XBONE.

Brunn_MgAmadd
03-13-2017, 08:58 PM
about 99% for me

edit: oh and im prestige 21, so lots of matches done

Sandpit77
03-13-2017, 09:00 PM
What platform do you play on? I wouldn't call it a "broken product" when there are thousands playing without any troubles at all. I notice the connection issues seem to be more common on PC and XBONE.

PS4 and it doesn't matter if thousands can play to me, I can't. It's not my console. It's not my ISP. It's not my router. It's a broken, defective product and I would happily go away and never bother complaining about it again if Ubi would just refund my purchase. Until then I'll continue to call it exactly what it is for me, broken and defective.

That may sound harsh, but I'm done with this company. They sold me a product that does not work, cannot be played, and is defective. I've tried every single troubleshooting step offered by the community and the devs. They don't work. I'm a disgruntled customer and I'm going to continue advising others to avoid this product and company so they don't wind up in the same boat as I'm in and out $60 for a broken product.

I understand it may very well be a different experience for you, but please don't dismiss my issues with the game simply because you have a different experience ;) I wouldn't dismiss or discount your ability to play and enjoy the game and if that's the case I'm sincerely joyful for you because the game mechanics themselves are fun and a fresh take on the fighting genre as a whole.

Absolutely none of that matters when you cannot play it because it's broken which is the case for me.

AveImperator85
03-13-2017, 09:06 PM
"Broken for you" implies it may be something on your end.

I'm not saying Ubi released a perfect game, far from it. I have my own share of gripes, but it's unfair to say For Honor is a broken product and Ubi should be ashamed. There are millions of people with millions of internet configurations and hardware specs (for PC). Unless you're a programmer, you can't BEGIN to imagine the coding nightmare that entails. You're not alone in your difficulties, so it's not "just you" but it's also not just a "broken product" since I play just fine without any problems and so does everyone I know personally.

SH0EB0
03-13-2017, 09:08 PM
1v1s work for the most part. but im bored of 1v1s.

2v2s I finish around 75% of games.

4v4 I finish exactly 0% of games, not a single game of 4v4 has worked for me since the last patch.

This is the most ripped off ive ever felt with a game. Ubisoft has stolen my money.

SH0EB0
03-13-2017, 09:11 PM

I'm not saying Ubi released a perfect game, far from it. I have my own share of gripes, but it's unfair to say For Honor is a broken product and Ubi should be ashamed. There are millions of people with millions of internet configurations and hardware specs (for PC). Unless you're a programmer, you can't BEGIN to imagine the coding nightmare that entails. You're not alone in your difficulties, so it's not "just you" but it's also not just a "broken product" since I play just fine without any problems and so does everyone I know personally.

this game is a broken piece of ****, made by mouth breathing money hungry developers that should be ashamed. **** being fair, im being honest.

Sandpit77
03-13-2017, 09:14 PM

I'm not going to argue with you. Whatever you say sir. It's a perfect game and it's my fault somehow. There, I agreed with you. Now you can go on about your day and ignore the rest of my posts ;)

To everyone else,

Avoid this game and avoid this company is my suggestion to others who may be visiting this forum to get some ideas, info, etc. about this game before making a purchase. This is a broken, defective product that has lost 80% (I think that's what the numbers were at on Steam which doesn't include console players like me) of its player population in under a month because it's a defective product. You will have no recourse for refunds so you are SoL if you purchase this product. I would suggest looking to spend that money on a different title and with a different company at this point.

Volccis
03-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Duels - 99%
Brawls - 99%
Dominion - 90%
Elimination - 90%
Skirmish - 90%

The disconnects are rare to me. It happens, but not that often that it would be a problem. The problem is synchronizing time when someone quits and often I have killed an enemy and after synchronizing it goes back to the situation when the enemy was alive.

AveImperator85
03-13-2017, 09:19 PM
Sandpit, don't be a petty piece of ****. I never said the game was perfect, but it's hardly defective. You have a legitimate complaint if you can't play, but I play just fine, so do both of my brothers, so do all of my friends, so do all of my brothers' friends. And so do all THEIR friends. In fact, I don't know of anybody except for people here on the forums who CAN'T play. So while there ARE issues with the game, it's far from completely broken or a waste of money. I got Gold edition and am loving every minute of For Honor.

Also, **** you, SHOE, you just want something to whine about.

Sandpit77
03-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Sandpit, don't be a petty piece of ****. I never said the game was perfect, but it's hardly defective. You have a legitimate complaint if you can't play, but I play just fine, so do both of my brothers, so do all of my friends, so do all of my brothers' friends. And so do all THEIR friends. In fact, I don't know of anybody except for people here on the forums who CAN'T play. So while there ARE issues with the game, it's far from completely broken or a waste of money. I got Gold edition and am loving every minute of For Honor.

Also, **** you, SHOE, you just want something to whine about.

and I asked you VERY politely to not dismiss MY experience with the game to which you continue down the path of "I don't like your use of the word defective so I'm going to argue with you about it".

So again, I'm not going to argue with you about it. I don't care whether you like or agree with my usage of the words broken, defective, PoS, etc. ;)

That's great for you. Go play it and be merry. Notice how I'm not the one who's trying to dismiss, argue against, dispute, or otherwise "disprove" your opinions, thoughts, etc.? You're the only one who's trying to make this into an argumentative confrontation. I don't give a sh*t about your opinion regarding my opinion lol Just as I'd suggest you don't give a sh*t about my opinion regarding your opinion.

Your only point to posting in response to me thus far has been to say "Nuh uh, it's not broken, you're wrong" (repeatedly now I might add) and call me a petty piece of sh*t.

So I'll try this one more time. You're right. 100% now you can feel better about "winning" the argument and hopefully stop ;)

AveImperator85
03-13-2017, 09:34 PM
Making smiley faces doesn't dismiss the fact that your "asking me VERY politely" was sarcastic and snarky as ****. And I wasn't dismissing your concerns, I said, in essence, that you're overreacting and being overly harsh and unfair. Unless you GENUINELY believe that the Ubisoft devs really are just sitting in a board with with stacks of cash, laughing at these forums like villains on a Saturday morning cartoon. This is a BUSINESS and no business knowingly and willingly puts out defective products because they know that will TANK their business.

I'm not here looking to "win" anything. I'm saying calm the **** down and stop screaming that the sky is falling and how Ubisoft deliberately cheated you, because you just come across looking like a ******* ******.

cragar212
03-13-2017, 09:47 PM
On ps4 me and all my friends agree over 90% completion

I hear PC really sketchy though :(

I'd make a pc master race joke but feel bad for you guys

Sandpit77
03-13-2017, 09:50 PM
Making smiley faces doesn't dismiss the fact that your "asking me VERY politely" was sarcastic and snarky as ****. And I wasn't dismissing your concerns, I said, in essence, that you're overreacting and being overly harsh and unfair. Unless you GENUINELY believe that the Ubisoft devs really are just sitting in a board with with stacks of cash, laughing at these forums like villains on a Saturday morning cartoon. This is a BUSINESS and no business knowingly and willingly puts out defective products because they know that will TANK their business.

I'm not here looking to "win" anything. I'm saying calm the **** down and stop screaming that the sky is falling and how Ubisoft deliberately cheated you, because you just come across looking like a ******* ******.
No, no it wasn't. It was sincere. I'm sorry if life on the net has turned you into the type of person who just looks for and expects snark and sarcasm. At this point you get snark and sarcasm because I've asked POLITELY (TWICE NOW) to just stop, but you persist. I don't give 2 f*cks what your opinion is, is that clear and snarky enough for you to understand now? I even omitted the smiley face so you can tell the difference in tone.

"No business intentionally puts out a defective product"

You're either an idiot or really gullible. In either case you're exactly the type of consumer businesses love and I'm sure Ubi will be proud to have you around. Now then, can you kindly go f*ck off and leave me alone? I'm not here to discuss anything with you and I'm most DEFINITELY not here to validate, entertain, or accept your opinion as fact.

Jumping up and down indeed lol
Stop projecting your sh*t on to me.
Screaming indeed lol

Now then, for the last time, I don't give 2 sh*ts what your opinion is and I'd suggest you do the same in regard to mine. You're the ONLY one trying to turn this into a personal argument with me. You don't agree with my opinion, that's great, that's fine. My opinion differs. My experience differs. Notice how yet ONCE AGAIN, that the only person stating anyone here is "wrong" in their opinion is you.

I'm sorry if my being unhappy with Ubisoft causes you so much distress. I'd suggest cookies, binging a few chick flicks on netflix, and a facial. You'll feel much less stressed about the "evil a**holes" out there seeking to destroy your precious Ubisoft
smh

Bob__Gnarly
03-13-2017, 09:54 PM
It really comes down to how many babies I play with on the day. If I play against lots of rage quitters, then I don't finish many games.

AveImperator85
03-13-2017, 09:59 PM
Haha, nah, now it's just fun seeing you get so triggered.

You had a complaint, I responded, and you gave me attitude. Now you're getting increasingly hostile because I'm giving you attitude back. Honestly, you would be pathetic if you weren't so damn funny. "ERMAGERD, I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME SO IT'S OBVIOUSLY BROKEN FOR EVERYONE AND UBISOFT IS EVUL!11!11!!"

You seem to have mistaken my words for giving a **** about your opinion when, in essence, I told you to calm the **** down, the sky is NOT, in fact, falling. It's amusing that you think you're causing me "distress" when I'm sitting here laughing my *** off at how triggered you are. I said earlier that I have my own gripes with this game and with Ubisoft in general, but I'm sure you'll just dismiss me as a shill anyway, so frankly, I don't give a flying ****. The game has problems, sure, but it's not broken. You know how I know businesses don't intentionally put out broken products? Because I actually understand a little something about marketing. If a company intentionally puts out something defective, and does so repeatedly, guess what? Their reputation tanks and they eventually go out of business. Ergo, that's bad business practices, but you go ahead and lecture me about what kind of consumer I am and how much more knowledgeable you are about business and marketing and reputation management, since I'm sure you can school me on my actual profession.

Please, snowflake. Regale me with your wisdom. :D

Mengtheman
03-13-2017, 10:00 PM
I'm curious, based on your experience, what percentage of games that you join make it all the way to the end of the match?

I find that about 40% to 50% of the time, I get disconnected either while trying to join or when a player rage quits.

How about you all? These disconnects are unforgivable.

My personal experience? I am prestige 22 Warden, so I've seen the servers from the beginning. Started off alright. Soon after bout a month, now I'm stuck in menus...

Sandpit77
03-13-2017, 10:01 PM
You had a complaint, I responded, and you gave me attitude. Now you're getting increasingly hostile because I'm giving you attitude back. Honestly, you would be pathetic if you weren't so damn funny. "ERMAGERD, I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME SO IT'S OBVIOUSLY BROKEN FOR EVERYONE AND UBISOFT IS EVUL!11!11!!"

citation please. I'll wait

wait you mean THIS post?

They sold me a product that does not work, cannot be played, and is defective. I've tried every single troubleshooting step offered by the community and the devs. They don't work. I'm a disgruntled customer and I'm going to continue advising others to avoid this product and company so they don't wind up in the same boat as I'm in and out $60 for a broken product.

I understand it may very well be a different experience for you
go project elsewhere. your sh*tty trolling, exaggeration, misrepresentation of what I said, etc. isn't going to work. I know how to use copy and paste and I know what I said and what I didn't say.

AveImperator85
03-13-2017, 10:03 PM
I believe the official title for it is, "LOL Look at the dummies parted with their money and we didn't even have to sell them a working product and now we get to sit back with their money and laugh at them as they ask for refunds"

There ya go, sonny Jim. Your move :cool:

Sandpit77
03-13-2017, 10:06 PM

still waiting. That's not what you represented I said, nor is it the words you made up, lied about, and falsely accused me of saying ;)

nice try though troll. Seriously, go find some kid to play these games with. I'm just ignoring you from here on out until you say something that isn't stupid

Mengtheman
03-13-2017, 10:07 PM

****ing lmfao this quote is so true.

AveImperator85
03-13-2017, 10:09 PM
Oh, you're playing the nitpick game, claiming that *I* was claiming you said those exact words. Nah, kiddo, it's called paraphrasing for the sake of mocking you. I know that's a big word, you can look it up here (www.dictionary.com). This is and has been pretty much every post you've made. For Honor is broken, Ubisoft are Saturday morning cartoon villains deliberately stealing your money, and anyone who doesn't fall in lockstep with your opinions is a troll or Ubisoft shill.

You issued a challenge, I quoted your post from another thread, all you come back with is "....nuh uh! I'm not listening to you anymore!"

Sandpit77
03-13-2017, 10:12 PM
****ing lmfao this quote is so true.
You just learn to put people like that on your ignore list. They're so angry that you dare write something disparaging about something they enjoy that they eventually just start trolling when you refuse to bite at their bait and then ignore their BS.

Eventually they do what all weeds not given attention do, whither and die off until they find another crack to infest and sprout again in the hopes that the next person is dumb enough to feed them and fall into their little trolling arguments. It is funny to watch them get bent out of shape over it though.

AveImperator85
03-13-2017, 10:15 PM
Awwww, he's so triggered, it's adorable. This was fun. Poor little snowflake needed his safe space. Not surprised he put me on ignore (if he really did and isn't just saying it). Being confronted with the truth is hard.

frank1ller
03-13-2017, 10:18 PM
30% since are a group of 3.

Sandpit77
03-13-2017, 10:25 PM
My personal experience? I am prestige 22 Warden, so I've seen the servers from the beginning. Started off alright. Soon after bout a month, now I'm stuck in menus...

Unless I want to play single player or against bots that's the boat I'm in. Beta was better than what we have now at least in terms of stability when it comes to the servers. Unfortunately there isn't much, if anything, Ubi is going to be able to do. Most of the issues arise from P2P while the rest (apparently judging from the previous patches) eludes their abilities at the moment.

and, like most companies nowadays, they tend to want to shift blame to things like the players, ISP, consoles, etc. They went with a horrible idea and design decision and now many are stuck with a broken product. Maybe it will get fixed eventually, but it's the last time I buy anything Ubi

Turric4n666
03-13-2017, 10:51 PM
My guess is that most connection issues stem from beeing matched with red NAT people, as people with yellow NAT tend to not have many issues.

So either you are red or green and have problems. Anyone objecting to that theory?

Aventhurion
03-13-2017, 11:00 PM
Beta was better than what we have now at least in terms of stability when it comes to the servers.

I made the same experience. The open beta worked fine for me and I barely had any connection problems, but when the game was finally released it became much worse.

My guess is that most connection issues stem from beeing matched with red NAT people, as people with yellow NAT tend to not have many issues.

So either you are red or green and have problems. Anyone objecting to that theory?

In my case this is not true unfortunately, I have a yellow NAT and I have a lot of connection problems.

Turric4n666
03-13-2017, 11:04 PM
I made the same experience. The open beta worked fine for me and I barely had any connection problems, but when the game was finally released it became much worse.

did you guys ever thought about that in the beta far more people played and therefore you could get better quality matches opposed to release and nothing actually changed with the game?

Aventhurion
03-13-2017, 11:24 PM
did you guys ever thought about that in the beta far more people played and therefore you could get better quality matches opposed to release and nothing actually changed with the game?

I don't know for what reason the beta worked better for me but I don't think it was the case because there were more players. The connection problems actually seem to get worse when more players are online, for example during the weekend.

Partyhatv
03-13-2017, 11:38 PM
I find about 50-60% of my 4v4 matches are always returning me to the main menu, i have been kicked out of that many games i think i would have an extra reputation level if i managed to stay in them, however 1v1 and 2v2 are a lot more reliable of about 5% chance of being kicked out

PecarCZ
03-14-2017, 12:44 AM
1v1/2v2 have 90% of games without problem but 4v4 got only 20-30% games from start to end without any problem other 70-80% got DC/Error/Lags/Desync/All players replace with bots.Before patch 1.03 arrive dont have that many problems as now.

Alustar.
03-14-2017, 01:01 AM
I learned my lesson with the NAT types from my previous games on ps3, so I've had my settings configured for my Ps4 well before this game. Been playing a well over a month now and had maybe 80% of my matches on a bad day, 90% on a good one. It's across different play modes, I don't stick to just one.

Kiiyor
03-14-2017, 12:23 PM
I've been tracking.

Completion rates:

Dominion, overall it's around 43% (which sucks, as it's my favourite mode). Today it's 10% after 10 matches.
Elimination, around 70%
Duels, 92%
Anything with AI, close to 90%.

Green NAT. Most opponents are green, with the occasional red.

SirCorrino
03-14-2017, 12:27 PM
about 98% in all modes on Ps4 (mostly 4v4). Haven't had a DC in days.

Turric4n666
03-14-2017, 02:18 PM
I've been tracking.

Completion rates:

Dominion, overall it's around 43% (which sucks, as it's my favourite mode). Today it's 10% after 10 matches.
Elimination, around 70%
Duels, 92%
Anything with AI, close to 90%.

Green NAT. Most opponents are green, with the occasional red.

Huh. How do you see opponent nat type?

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Id say 70% for all my matches.
After opening all ports.
I so darn frustrating when the enemy team ragequit or evades loss and then you get an error msg at the end of the match and your time was wasted.