PDA

View Full Version : Screen Tearing

aw9d2017
03-13-2017, 06:29 PM
I've been experiencing horizontal screen tearing on my Samsung SHUD 4k TV @240hz. It happens a lot more when driving and it's horrible when using the parachute. When jumping out of a plan it gets really bad for a few seconds. This is the only game I have seen on my Xbox that screen tears. Typically I can make screen tearing happen when I have all the bells and whistles turned on, but not in game mode. I'm not sure what's going on with this game.

Xbox One plugged directly into the TV. HDMI cable is no and 4k certified (even though that doesn't matter). I've tried a few different HDMI cables just to rule that out.

I've tried Game mode, HDR+, and ever other mode/setting I can think of. Game mode is actually one of the worst settings, dynamic works the best but still has the tearing. I've been playing with settings on the Xbox and TV but nothing seems to work. The beta had bad tearing as well and I figured that was due to the beta. Since this isn't the beta I feel that this should be addressed but I do not see it on their list. I've read a lot of posts on other sites where people are having the same issue and sometimes changing settings in the TV fixes it. In my case I can't find the right setting and disabling all of them (Game mode) doesn't help.

Any suggestions? Thanks everyone.

ShowBaggs
03-14-2017, 02:24 AM
Screen tearing has absolutely nothing to do with your TV settings. The screen will tear in order to keeps the frames at the target of 30fps. It needs to be fixed ASAP by Ubisoft. The frames and screen tearing make it almost an unplayable experience.