PDA

View Full Version : you and your maps Ubisoft

guest-dRAMM25U
03-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Why the hell does Ubisoft encourages the use of environment? It shouldn't even be a thing in the first place but damn! You have to make it that easy for the dishonest players?

Captain-Courage
03-13-2017, 08:13 PM
What is dishonest when you also can push them in said hazardous zones ?
It's not like they were doing things that only them can perform because of cheats and such.

Environmental awarness is part of every battle.
Read Sun Tzu.

GenLiu
03-13-2017, 08:33 PM
It's not like they were doing things that only them can perform because of cheats and such.

Read Sun Tzu.

Well, it's not dishonest from a player's perspective but from a character one.
I'm agree that a map that consists into just a bridge shouldn't be a thing in this game, not because you can easily get thrown away (even though it's a factor, it can make games more RNG based in some cases) but because it favors/disadvantage some characters by a great deal.

And technically I should say nothing since my main char is the Nobushi which is an absolute queen on bridges but we have to be honest, this is unfair.
Honestly I feel bad every time I encounter a PK or an Orochi on those maps, it almost feel like cheating and I almost never lose those kind of game, even against players who are more skilled than me.

So yes, some map are very poorly designed, you can't deny that.

AveImperator85
03-13-2017, 09:22 PM
Because the environment is a part of the game? A part of warfare? A part of life?

Seriously, stop whining and learn to adapt.

guest-dRAMM25U
03-14-2017, 03:36 PM

Read Sun Tzu.

dishonest ≠ unfair
just cause anyone can do it, doesn't make it right

Because the environment is a part of the game? A part of warfare? A part of life?

Seriously, stop whining and learn to adapt.

A part of the problem. go ahead try to live with them while I try to fix them

Gray360UK
03-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Right
Fair
Dishonest

... all highly subjective concepts, all personal to you.

Ubisoft do not share your view on the matter it seems, and neither do I ;)

Kharneth88
03-14-2017, 03:48 PM
Right
Fair
Dishonest

... all highly subjective concepts, all personal to you.

Ubisoft do not share your view on the matter it seems, and neither do I ;)

Right and Fair may be subjective, but Dishonest is a objective term. Something either is or is not the truth, even when the truth is unknown to those involved there is truth and not truth.

Gray360UK
03-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Right and Fair may be subjective, but Dishonest is a objective term. Something either is or is not the truth, even when the truth is unknown to those involved there is truth and not truth.

Not in this case, not in the way he is using it.
Granted, it can't reasonably be used in this way and wouldn't normally be a word used to describe actions that have nothing to do with honesty or dishonesty.
But as used here, horribly nonsensical though it is, the word is indeed subjective, as he believes (subjective) that a player is dishonest for using the environment.

Operch
03-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Sounds like we found someone who can't counter guard break.

DizzleFresh13
03-14-2017, 05:45 PM
I don't understand how ppl can rage after being killed by hazards or by being cheesed to death. Complaining or rage quitting is a serious sign of weakness. Children do stuff like that. It's a game...finish the losing match, leave after and find a new match. It's not a big deal at all. It's called, "life isn't fair sometimes."

Captain-Courage
03-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Well, it's not dishonest from a player's perspective but from a character one.
I'm agree that a map that consists into just a bridge shouldn't be a thing in this game, not because you can easily get thrown away (even though it's a factor, it can make games more RNG based in some cases) but because it favors/disadvantage some characters by a great deal.

And technically I should say nothing since my main char is the Nobushi which is an absolute queen on bridges but we have to be honest, this is unfair.
Honestly I feel bad every time I encounter a PK or an Orochi on those maps, it almost feel like cheating and I almost never lose those kind of game, even against players who are more skilled than me.

So yes, some map are very poorly designed, you can't deny that.

If you know that your favorite character has weaknesses on bridges, because low crowd control abilities or such, then don't go on said brigde.
It's not because the fight starts with each oponents at one side of a bridge (like in duels, brawl or elimination) that you have to rush like a crazy to the middle as soon as it begins.

Just don't cross said bridge and let your adversary come to you, on your favorable ground. He won't be able to do anything if he's not close to you, so he will have to make the move.
Environmental awarness indeed.

ParadigmFringe
03-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Why the hell does Ubisoft encourages the use of environment? It shouldn't even be a thing in the first place but damn! You have to make it that easy for the dishonest players? "dishonest" players? GIT GUD

like seriously... i was a whiny little ***** like you at first, but i stuck with it, put in WAY too many late-night hours, and now i'm countering guard breaks left and right. i don't understand people's inability to improve themselves. it's like you WANT to remain mediocre and you just want the rest of the playerbase to be trash right along with you.

Wolf-Heathen
03-14-2017, 07:05 PM
Stop trying to debate the morality of environmental kills. It has nothing to do with morals, it's just ****ty map design. No one likes it, that's why it is such a hot topic with so many threads about it. The majority of the community hates it, and the game was represented as a skill-based fighting game. No where in any of the demos or trailers did they show throwing people off edges, nor did anyone realize it was going to be such a huge focus in their map design. Total mis-representation of combat in this game, and that is why people hate it.

ParadigmFringe
03-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Stop trying to debate the morality of environmental kills. It has nothing to do with morals, it's just ****ty map design. No one likes it, that's why it is such a hot topic with so many threads about it. The majority of the community hates it, and the game was represented as a skill-based fighting game. No where in any of the demos or trailers did they show throwing people off edges, nor did anyone realize it was going to be such a huge focus in their map design. Total mis-representation of combat in this game, and that is why people hate it. "the majority of the community"

well gosh... would you mind posting a link to these obviously well-compiled statistics?

Wolf-Heathen
03-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Just look at the forum full of threads with people complaining, and the same 3-4 people trying to justify environmental kills. That's all the analytics you need right there.

Operch
03-14-2017, 09:01 PM
There isn't a majority of people against environment kills. There people who can counter guard breaks and people who don't bother trying. If I'm fighting someone who doesn't even try to counter GBs I make a point of doing it over and over and over so they realize it's incredibly necessary.

Too many people think they can get by with spamming attacks blindly. If you are going to play this game to its fullest you need to start practicing stuff like counter GB, feints, deflects, and parries. The problem isn't the ledges.

Captain-Courage
03-14-2017, 09:15 PM
That's all the analytics you need right there.

Hey, let's make science together, it seems easy after all

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder312/400x/66057312.jpg

Pope138
03-14-2017, 09:44 PM
Why the hell does Ubisoft encourages the use of environment? It shouldn't even be a thing in the first place but damn! You have to make it that easy for the dishonest players?

Environment kills aren't a noob way to get kills, they're a noob way to get killed.
Dry them eyes and git gud.

Valtaya
03-14-2017, 10:43 PM

I do not give a damn about "dishonest" players, but taking advantage of the environment is just freakingly laughable

did grab and pushing happen in middle age melee combat? yes, it was a large part of it
did it happen often? nope... as it is highly punishable, you miss your grab/push and you pay with your life for it, that simple
when I think about warlord who can just grab and push you wherever he likes... with throw distance maxed, yay fun
or shugoki who pushes everyone to the side, like 100m if he rushes through
or grabbing everyone, just so
or the lawbringer
and so on
and on
and on
if a shugoki would rush at me in RL like this, I would just shove my sword through his throat and then he could try to break my spine ^^

whatever, it is not just the maps