PDA

View Full Version : What about a faction balance ?

Gus6666
03-13-2017, 05:45 PM
Ubi can show up how many peoples are in each faction ...maybe find something to adjust that ...3/6 knight 2/6 viking and 1/6 samourai...if i look right and that look that way... maybe have max number in a faction after no choice to pick another make it fair for everyone. And plz people who say they own the map shhh with like the half of the players in your faction nothing make you good for it......

SilentTakeo
03-13-2017, 06:18 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. As it stands, the Samurai are losing and will continue to do so until the season is over.

Why?

The Faction War is purely a numbers game. And frankly, after the first round, it's quite clear that a large number of Samurai jumped ship to the other two factions; despite being stripped of the Season rewards, they simply want to win.

And that's it. Selfish players want to win. Creating a balancing system would definitively make the faction war more interesting and, just as well, more fun for good players holding true to their faction. Surely there will be salty chodes who won't play UNLESS they're "Master Race Viking", but that's what will make the game purely fair.

Facts:
- Vikings have the most players, Knights second, Samurai least.
- Vikings and knights share similar timezones IRL and have the advantage with how the Rounds begin and end (Something that DESPERATELY needs to be addressed by Ubisoft).
- While the Samurai make pushes in the mornings of the US and Midday Europe, they get horrifically obliterated in the evenings.

Bottom line: Changes need to be made to the faction war VERY VERY soon. Otherwise, people will either overwhelmingly join the winning factions or just stop playing altogether.

Personally, I am part of the Samurai faction and will remain as such. #FortheDawnEmpire

massive02
03-13-2017, 06:45 PM
it was stated in a a livestream that the way faction wars work is not about the numbers but rather your performance per match. I.e you get more war assets based on how well you did. The population is also weighted on the number of active players per faction per week more war assets are awarded based on the lower population.

Skip to 57 mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywiqxjE9rQI&t=3667s

Scrubnubloard
03-13-2017, 06:47 PM
I agree with you that there is an imbalance, I also agree with the fact that slot of people jumped ship after the first round. but I do not agree with your statements of having a cap on the amount of people in a faction. You're telling people that they cannot use a faction because it's not fair to you. You telling people that just because I'm losing you have to be losing with me. A different way you could go around doing this is the factions with less people make it a little bit more war assets deployed when they went not a whole lot so it's game-breaking but enough to make it more even. Yes there is an imbalance yes something could be tweaked to make it better.

DBroncos
03-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Ubisoft already knows the numbers aren't equal across the board. They have an in-built formula with multipliers based on the amount of people playing in each faction. For example if the 3 factions are split 33.3%/33.3%/33.3% then everyone's war asset multiplier is the same, but if its split 50%/25%/25%, the two at 25% will earn double the amount of war assets compared to the faction at 50%. This has been discussed a lot previously. I even thought the same thing before doing a google search.

The biggest measure of success would be the % activity per faction, and how coordinated the faction is, e.g. not wasting war assets on squares that are already way out of reach.

renkoshen
03-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Every game im in there is 2-5 orochi or another Samurai class, if even half of the orochi scrubs were the Samurai faction they'd be dominating. Im also part of the Samurai faction and I wouldnt give up the trophy/rewards just to switch to the fotm faction. Im just glad I dint buy this game as its full of so many issues, doesnt deserve even half the praise it got though it costed Ubi $ obv to get reviews as anyone with half a brain wouldnt give this game more than a 5/10 at best.

Gus6666
03-13-2017, 07:28 PM
"""For example if the 3 factions are split 33.3%/33.3%/33.3% then everyone's war asset multiplier is the same, but if its split 50%/25%/25%, the two at 25% will earn double the amount of war assets compared to the faction at 50%."""
First that not true assets are only give by win lost and performance if same score, kill, and obj done same assets...
And secondo im in viking so im not loosing just not change due penality..my friend in samourai got same assets of me in viking .

Helnekromancer
03-13-2017, 07:50 PM
Ubi can show up how many peoples are in each faction ...maybe find something to adjust that ...3/6 knight 2/6 viking and 1/6 samourai...if i look right and that look that way... maybe have max number in a faction after no choice to pick another make it fair for everyone. And plz people who say they own the map shhh with like the half of the players in your faction nothing make you good for it......

The only thing I want is for players to get bonus Assets or exp if they are playing a class that's from the Faction they chose. There's little to no reason to take this "Faction War" seriously, of these three eras of warriors when no one reps their banner. examples: the best Orochi could be from the Knight faction or the Strongest Raider is a Samurai and the best Lawbringer is a Viking. Sounds abit silly but you get what my point. Why fight for any faction when you can pick anyone from the roster lineup? Hence why everyone jumped on the Viking ship, there's little to no consequence. But atleast reward those who play classes corresponding with their Faction.

Like at the end of the game where they tally up your performance have +Dedication Knight/Samurai/Viking or something along that line and give the player bonus assets and exp.

DrExtrem
03-13-2017, 08:02 PM
The fw works on your performance in the matches.

But the thing is. The factions are mixed together in matches. The current numbers are suggesting, that viking players are always the best in games. In my experience, it was relatively even, except for the amount of players per faction and game.

Doesn't matter anyway. Rename the game to "for Valhalla".