PDA

View Full Version : LvL 1 common upgrade to Max

claird2706
03-13-2017, 05:00 PM
Has anyone attempted to upgrade a common item to max level? It sounds extremely expensive but I was wondering if you would get an overall better item than just leveling a 13 or better item.

My theory is that because the common items are more balanced, that as you level them they wont have one stat so negatively adjusted as say the lvl 13's do. The end result maybe an item with all 3 stats relatively boosted.

I don't have to steel or salvage to try but maybe someone has already begun this journey.

Vrbas1
03-13-2017, 05:03 PM
You have to remember, as one increases another decreases proportionately. Eventually you're going to end up in the same place that rarer items get you, you'll just be more poor.

claird2706
03-13-2017, 05:08 PM
Maybe I didn't think this through because I never upgraded a common, but my premise is that unlike rares or heroics, they don't have a negative affected stat at their baseline. So if an item is free from having a debuff, and you upgrade it, will it remain free from it?

BrianBoyFranzo
03-13-2017, 06:05 PM
I don't think it's possible. Common gear maxes out at level 6 I believe.

zide-
03-13-2017, 06:18 PM
Just level up your rep and it starts dropping legendaries and heroics. Upgrading is not worth it.

Gray360UK
03-13-2017, 06:26 PM
You can only upgrade a few levels like the guy above said, 6 is the max for a grey item, then the blue items start at 7.

MaxeliusAD
03-13-2017, 06:43 PM
Often upgrading a major weapons when i starting another hero. If drops something with bonus to attack, and negative stamina - i upgrade it to 6 lvl. Not so much upgrade cost, but it saves you in some moments, when this tiny dmg killing your oponent.

Vrbas1
03-14-2017, 03:46 PM
I upgraded some of the starter items because I personally like the look of the Grey Gear... and for whatever God forsaken reason they made it where you can't change the look of gear across item rarities :mad: