PDA

View Full Version : Why can't i change look of gear across rare items?

Vrbas1
03-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Blue can't have the look of grey (lower tier, standard gear). So if I like the rusty looking sword but I'd like that Attack or Defense stat from a rare item, I'm out of luck. I assume that's the case with Purple and Yellow, but I wouldn't know I'm not that leveled yet. So what gives?

Captain-Courage
03-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Yes, you can only put the skin of a determined piece of gear on other items of the same tiers (grey with grey, blue with blue and so on), but you can loot every skin at heroic tier (purple), so if you like a skin from the beginning (for example, Gardakan sword pieces or Arcturus chest piece for a Warden) , you can find it later.

Plutonium Bug
03-14-2017, 10:56 AM
and for your info there is no yellow gear if you hit max your number turns yellow and that is only overall

STVRSEED
03-14-2017, 11:07 AM
and for your info there is no yellow gear if you hit max your number turns yellow and that is only overall

As said above when you max your gear it becomes yellow, each piece of gear (heroic) can be upgraded to 18 which is its max.

Vrbas1
03-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Gotcha, yeah I just think it's silly I can't change the look of my gear (regardless of tier) to whatever else I have in my inventory. I mean, that's not reasonable and I'm not quite sure why they made that limitation other than to stifle customization and push for loot crates/micro transactions.

RatedChaotic
03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Gotcha, yeah I just think it's silly I can't change the look of my gear (regardless of tier) to whatever else I have in my inventory. I mean, that's not reasonable and I'm not quite sure why they made that limitation other than to stifle customization and push for loot crates/micro transactions.

You nailed it.

Guilbert515
03-14-2017, 04:05 PM

They made it so, because market research told them gamers like shiny looking gear and will spend real money to get it.

I would have enjoyed too if the gear would look more rusty and used.
Bloody and maybe a patch of hair and brain leftover alongside the blades.. :P

Vrbas1
03-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I like peasant grade gear for my conqueror.... he is a conscripted criminal after all, they don't get shiny toys.