PDA

View Full Version : High level players with continuous revenge camping respawn...

nyankonono73
03-13-2017, 03:10 PM
I am kind of amazed actually this scenario has never been taken into account when creating revenge mechanic. I am a revenge hater, right, since the very beginning. But after one month, it has taken another step. High level players, like renown 5+, are camping respawns and killing everyone with their revenge coming back every 5s.

I won't report those players by the way. Cause this is not their fault. They are using a broken mechanic to their advantage.

But if you guys at ubisoft want to keep new players coming, you have two main things to fix: your netcode and revenge.

This is what I wrote in my steam review and as long as it hasn't been looked into, even though I love the combat system and the art, I won't recommend your game.

Gray360UK
03-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Revenge needs a cooldown I think.
It should be a one chance escape / survive mechanic that allows you to turn the tide in a fight when you are badly outnumbered, but if that doesn't save you, then it runs out and you are on your own ... if then you die, so be it.

Turric4n666
03-13-2017, 03:16 PM
Good. I hope those people get flagged for being afk on the spawn. Then everyone will see how stupid their suggestions where.

nyankonono73
03-13-2017, 03:27 PM
I mean, the one I saw doing it today, it was amazing because he was playing warden so when he was not killing players coming out from respawn, he was killing minions to replenish his health. How crazy it is, right? Wardens can be the ultimate trolls in For Honor with revenge.

Agent Talon
03-13-2017, 03:28 PM
Revenge needs a cooldown I think.
It should be a one chance escape / survive mechanic that allows you to turn the tide in a fight when you are badly outnumbered, but if that doesn't save you, then it runs out and you are on your own ... if then you die, so be it.

100% agree. You should not be able to link revenge to revenge to revenge. You get it once and then it cools down, nothing crazy but maybe like 30 seconds?

DrExtrem
03-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Spawn camping was already a problem in the betas.
The revenge gear adds a new layer to it.

corazondedelfin
03-13-2017, 03:41 PM
I mean, the one I saw doing it today, it was amazing because he was playing warden so when he was not killing players coming out from respawn, he was killing minions to replenish his health. How crazy it is, right? Wardens can be the ultimate trolls in For Honor with revenge.

It sounds hilarious, not crazy at all coming from a broken videogame like this.

I have no problem fighting OP characters, but at least fix my damn orochi Ubisoft and make it a better character so I can give that damn OPspawncampers a real fight.

Gray360UK
03-13-2017, 03:42 PM
100% agree. You should not be able to link revenge to revenge to revenge. You get it once and then it cools down, nothing crazy but maybe like 30 seconds?

Exactly, even 15 seconds would give your opponents a good window to hammer you down before you get Revenge again, assuming your first use of Revenge didn't enable you to slaughter all of them, which let's face it, in a lot of cases it will.

I get Revenge so much more now I have a character with 80 gear, and I haven't even picked gear for Revenge stats, I've tried to have a 'normal' build, but honestly ... don't trigger my Revenge, you won't like what happens next ... I see the 2nd or 3rd guy about to attack me and think 'don't do it, honestly ... you'll be sorry ...' :D

Now if after my Revenge state any of them are still standing, and I haven't taken my chance to escape or kill them all, then my time is at an end and if I die, I die.

corazondedelfin
03-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Exactly, even 15 seconds would give your opponents a good window to hammer you down before you get Revenge again, assuming your first use of Revenge didn't enable you to slaughter all of them, which let's face it, in a lot of cases it will.

I get Revenge so much more now I have a character with 80 gear, and I haven't even picked gear for Revenge stats, I've tried to have a 'normal' build, but honestly ... don't trigger my Revenge, you won't like what happens next ... I see the 2nd or 3rd guy about to attack me and think 'don't do it, honestly ... you'll be sorry ...' :D

Now if after my Revenge state any of them are still standing, and I haven't taken my chance to escape or kill them all, then my time is at an end and if I die, I die.

And this exactly why REVENGE mechanic is ****ed up, like half of the things in this videogame. I was a good player before, now Im God thanks to Revenge, and I dont like that. My enemies deserve a chance (forgetting about how any cool berserker can smash me to death :rolleyes:).

Agent Talon
03-13-2017, 04:15 PM
At the moment I'm a rep 2 Orochi but almost 3, as soon as I have that sweet revenge gear I will literally not be hesitant to 1v2 or 3v1 just about any group. It will change my play style quite a bit at least if it works like the forums claim.

bzorkic81
03-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Had this happen to me twice. Once I had idiot teamates who play dominion like skirmish and kept fighting him. We lost badly. The other time we had people on voicecoms and they weren't idiots, so we ran away from spawn every time, capped a zone, healed up and crushed their team 3v4. It was great.

So basically, if he's at your spawn, he's not capping or defending points. If you're smart, this scenario is a easy win actually.

But no, I'm thinking most people just haaaaaave to fight this guy because "reasons". Well if you're playing with poor strategy, yes, you're gonna have a bad time.

Random add: I love the shield bash on valk causeI just ram everyone with revenge to the ground repeatedly (if 2v1) and doesn't matter if they keep popping it, they're never standing up.

Boom, they complain about cheese while being full revenge build. Proceed to laugh at them as you win. Good times.