PDA

View Full Version : Something Positive for all of you.

MeArney
03-13-2017, 10:01 AM
I come a lot to the forum and believe me or not try to help out people. The whole Feedback& Suggestions is full of "Nerf this", "OP that" ...it kills it for me. In no way am I more than a mid-tier player (I have about a 1,95-2,05 K/D/A average from everything), but I have gotten feedback from better players who say that I play well and use the misstakes and disadvantages of other heroes.

...so because of one colourful dimwit in this forum I know post a small list I use when i fight against others. Id like to call it common sense, but it seems to be a bit too much here:

Warden:
-Wortex -> dodge and punish
-ZoneATK -> always keep your guard to the left.

Conq:
-Shieldbash -> dodge and punish then gb
- keep away from corners/walls

PK:
-the lightspam is hard to counter
-she can cover a lot of area, but is predictable. Defend and watch out for the top attack when she jumps in
-learn to counter gb

WL:
-Lots of gb and keep your distance
-headbuttspam + stab (I do not know how to counter this effectively, so I leave it to someone else)

Berzerker: (In my opinion the hardest opponent)
-feint a lot
-keep your distance
-light to heavy in chains -> parry OR if you block two hits in a row -> the chain breaks

Valkyrie:
-always two of something, then sweep -> Step back and punish
-Her stanceis broken, you may get a free heavy in from either right or left side then and then.
-the recoverytime is still bad from a missed lunge/sweep -> use it you even get a free gb (broken as well)

Shugoki:
-Lots of lightattacks and dodges
-learn to Counterguardbrake and parry (he uses a lot of stamina and is dependable on guardbrakes)
-watch out for the demons embrace when low on health -> roll or sidestep

Orochi: (not even close to a A-tier hero)
-most attacks always from top.
-extremely dependable on guardbrakes, learn to counter
-feint so you can get the easy parries from the sidesteps

Nobushi:
-the more you bleed, the harder she hits
-watch out for the kick, always comes after heavy -> sidestep OR if hit she will attack 80% of the time with a light from the top
-if she goes in hidden stance, back away (remember her range!)

Hope this helps!
Now stop screaming for nerfs... if something is needed its buffs for the ****list heroes and as far as I consider the matchmaking is still the biggest enemy in this game. Focus on that, then the balancing can begin.

Why I left LB, Kensei and Raider out?
For the sakeof those who play them. They are already behind other characters and hopefully will be buffed soon to fight others for the top place in the hierarchy of top Heroes/Players. E.g. Kensei has nothing special apart from harder hitting lights and the 4th feat that forces you to parry or dodge everything.

If you want something added to the list, please write it below. ...and be civil. Its not an argument to say "but, but that ones OP because he plays better than me"

PackingMoney
03-13-2017, 10:08 AM
I come a lot to the forum and believe me or not try to help out people. The whole Feedback& Suggestions is full of "Nerf this", "OP that" ...it kills it for me. In no way am I more than a mid-tier player (I have about a 1,95-2,05 K/D/A average from everything), but I have gotten feedback from better players who say that I play well and use the misstakes and disadvantages of other heroes.

...so because of one colourful dimwit in this forum I know post a small list I use when i fight against others. Id like to call it common sense, but it seems to be a bit too much here:

Warden:

Conq:

PK:
-the lightspam is hard to counter
-she can cover a lot of area, but is predictable. Defend and watch out for the top attack when she jumps in
-learn to counter gb

WL:
-Lots of gb and keep your distance
-headbuttspam + stab (I do not know how to counter this effectively, so I leave it to someone else)

Berzerker: (In my opinion the hardest opponent)
-feint a lot
-keep your distance
-light to heavy in chains -> parry OR if you block two hits in a row -> the chain breaks

Valkyrie:
-always two of something, then sweep -> Step back and punish
-Her stanceis broken, you may get a free heavy in from either right or left side then and then.
-the recoverytime is still bad from a missed lunge/sweep -> use it you even get a free gb (broken as well)

Shugoki:
-Lots of lightattacks and dodges
-learn to Counterguardbrake and parry (he uses a lot of stamina and is dependable on guardbrakes)
-watch out for the demons embrace when low on health -> roll or sidestep

Orochi: (not even close to a A-tier hero)
-most attacks always from top.
-extremely dependable on guardbrakes, learn to counter
-feint so you can get the easy parries from the sidesteps

Nobushi:
-the more you bleed, the harder she hits
-watch out for the kick, always comes after heavy -> sidestep OR if hit she will attack 80% of the time with a light from the top
-if she goes in hidden stance, back away (remember her range!)

Hope this helps!
Now stop screaming for nerfs... if something is needed its buffs for the ****list heroes and as far as I consider the matchmaking is still the biggest enemy in this game. Focus on that, then the balancing can begin.

Why I left LB, Kensei and Raider out?
For the sakeof those who play them. They are already behind other characters and hopefully will be buffed soon to fight others for the top place in the hierarchy of top Heroes/Players. E.g. Kensei has nothing special apart from harder hitting lights and the 4th feat that forces you to parry or dodge everything.

If you want something added to the list, please write it below. ...and be civil. Its not an argument to say "but, but that ones OP because he plays better than me"

Solid list here covering the best ways to counter a hero, I think it will really help some people that struggle.

As for the WL part where you said you will leave the headbutt spam to someone else - my tactic with PK (yes I main PK) is that because my reactions are pretty good, the moment I see the orange glow, I am able to sidestep heavy then light to get off the heavy attack and bleed. So far that is the only method that is effective (for me), other than possibly going for a GB if you dodge it.

Wateverdude
03-13-2017, 10:12 AM
I have a hard time vs Warlord, Valk and shugoki, but when I play with 100℅ of my brain cell I can still beat them.
Vs Pk, you can just drop your guard and waiting for death.

lissMar
03-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Warden:

Conq:

Can't just dodge Warden's vortex.

Shieldbash is safe, can't punish it.