PDA

View Full Version : Did something change? Mostly just ranting but still...

Sky-Sweeper
03-13-2017, 08:25 AM
So I'm just trying to complete the daily orders - get 3 executions in elimination with any hero. Should be simple right? So I go into a game, hop on my warden who I'm trying to level up, and find myself unable to kill... well, anybody. I feel like the damage output on the warden has changed because I'm barely knicking people with damage now - and now that everyone is god-mode with blocking attacks, it makes it impossible to get heavies in without cheesing it with a guard break - which takes extra stamina.

I'm just kind of venting about this, but I honestly feel like something is off since the last time I played... I don't really play much anymore because all my friends abandoned it, and when I don't have someone to talk to, I just get angry at the game. People say this game punishes you for making a mistake - but my problem with that is often it's not me making a mistake, it's the game reading my input incorrectly. The one thing I cannot do is feint - I will admit that wholeheartedly. I just don't have the reaction time to think "okay, he's taking advantage of the opening from my heavy coming at him, so I need to feint it instead." By the time I've processed that, the hit's already gone through too far and I get hit. Not to mention I can't get my thumb to leave the analog stick and hit the circle button then return to the analog stick to change my attack direction fast enough. If it was simply bound to changing direction while the attack is going through i could probably get it off a lot easier - but that's not something I can program it to do on the ps4. But often times I'll move to guard the left, and my guy will move UP which leads to me getting hit multiple times because of the guard stun.

Another thing is the counter-play... theres no counter to the counter-play except for feinting, and as I said, I don't have the reaction time to do that. I was fighting this orochi, and all they did was wait for me to attack - it was the most frustrating and annoying experiences I've ever had in this game and made me want to just shut it off then and there. I couldn't get a single hit on him because he'd just spam that stupid side-step attack and I can't do anything about it because he'd only do it after I started an attack.

I just feel like now that the game has been out for a month, it's rife with exploitation and people aren't fighting how it was intended to be used... I just want to have a nice trade off of attack and defense. But I feel like that's been destroyed by this kind of play. I don't care about ganking, thats a different thing and reasonable in war, but... just spamming the same move combo isn't even fun to play against. That's my biggest complaint - I feel like the fun has been replaced with frustration in the higher level gameplay... mostly due to group imbalance I feel. I don't feel like I'm fighting people of my skill level, I feel like I'm fighting fighting-game pros while I'm just someone who wants to play recreationally...

This is just me ranting and blowing off some steam. Would love to have a group to play with if anyone's interested. I'm on PS4, just send me a message on here. Otherwise, yeah, thanks for reading I guess.

FIR3R3APER
03-13-2017, 08:38 AM
So I'm just trying to complete the daily orders - get 3 executions in elimination with any hero. Should be simple right? So I go into a game, hop on my warden who I'm trying to level up, and find myself unable to kill... well, anybody. I feel like the damage output on the warden has changed because I'm barely knicking people with damage now - and now that everyone is god-mode with blocking attacks, it makes it impossible to get heavies in without cheesing it with a guard break - which takes extra stamina.

I'm just kind of venting about this, but I honestly feel like something is off since the last time I played... I don't really play much anymore because all my friends abandoned it, and when I don't have someone to talk to, I just get angry at the game. People say this game punishes you for making a mistake - but my problem with that is often it's not me making a mistake, it's the game reading my input incorrectly. The one thing I cannot do is feint - I will admit that wholeheartedly. I just don't have the reaction time to think "okay, he's taking advantage of the opening from my heavy coming at him, so I need to feint it instead." By the time I've processed that, the hit's already gone through too far and I get hit. Not to mention I can't get my thumb to leave the analog stick and hit the circle button then return to the analog stick to change my attack direction fast enough. If it was simply bound to changing direction while the attack is going through i could probably get it off a lot easier - but that's not something I can program it to do on the ps4. But often times I'll move to guard the left, and my guy will move UP which leads to me getting hit multiple times because of the guard stun.

Another thing is the counter-play... theres no counter to the counter-play except for feinting, and as I said, I don't have the reaction time to do that. I was fighting this orochi, and all they did was wait for me to attack - it was the most frustrating and annoying experiences I've ever had in this game and made me want to just shut it off then and there. I couldn't get a single hit on him because he'd just spam that stupid side-step attack and I can't do anything about it because he'd only do it after I started an attack.

I just feel like now that the game has been out for a month, it's rife with exploitation and people aren't fighting how it was intended to be used... I just want to have a nice trade off of attack and defense. But I feel like that's been destroyed by this kind of play. I don't care about ganking, thats a different thing and reasonable in war, but... just spamming the same move combo isn't even fun to play against. That's my biggest complaint - I feel like the fun has been replaced with frustration in the higher level gameplay... mostly due to group imbalance I feel. I don't feel like I'm fighting people of my skill level, I feel like I'm fighting fighting-game pros while I'm just someone who wants to play recreationally...

This is just me ranting and blowing off some steam. Would love to have a group to play with if anyone's interested. I'm on PS4, just send me a message on here. Otherwise, yeah, thanks for reading I guess.

Yea Hi man, I have noticed similar things to you as well. Sometimes I am playing and everything seems very easy, other times I play and I cant even hit anything. I think there is a problem with the matchmaking system. Sometimes if there is not anyone to play with your level it will bump you up to higher tier play. Also, you are correct in saying that there are many hackers and exploiters abusing the game because of the P2P set up. That being said I think Ubisoft is trying hard to fix many of these problems but this will be cat and mouse and may get some while other get away with cheating.

Cheers