PDA

View Full Version : Stop putting orders for dominion

stickyfingergan
03-13-2017, 07:31 AM
Ubi needs to stop putting orders for dominion until they fix the connection issue I takes me so long to complete one order because halfway through one match I get kicked and it doesn't count towards my order seriously disappointed in there servers

tonycawley69
03-13-2017, 07:40 AM
Ubi needs to stop putting orders for dominion until they fix the connection issue I takes me so long to complete one order because halfway through one match I get kicked and it doesn't count towards my order seriously disappointed in there servers

It has precisely nothing to do with their servers, the game runs on an advanced p2p system.

Also, do you only dc in dominion? It happens to me with the same frequency across all game modes.

Cyriccube
03-13-2017, 07:52 AM
It has precisely nothing to do with their servers, the game runs on an advanced p2p system.

Also, do you only dc in dominion? It happens to me with the same frequency across all game modes.

Yet a server set is maintained that establishes connection with the hosts to ensure the game is going as intended. Which causes essentially this situation since all clients are connected to each other in a full mesh network style that ALSO has to maintain a connection to an UBI server with the connection managed by the host. So everyone has to connect to UBI through the host and then ping it all back through the traffic of 7 other clients and constantly maintain that connection. The real issue with this connection style is that you have way too much network traffic being output through the individual clients. Honestly if this game used a traditional P2P system there would likely be a lot less disconnections, BUT the exchange of that is more cheating options, host advantage, and if the host has a bad internet that can't handle the stress of 8 major network channels at once then the same problems will occur when connecting to those hosts. Fact is this peer to peer system just can't work in a matchmaking where theres this many people on a such a complex and hair trigger reaction fighting game. Truth be told the perfect network system for this game just isn't out there really.

But...off topic and regards to the post, some people when we can get it to work like dominion. Remember that.

stickyfingergan
03-13-2017, 07:54 AM

No I'm in Oklahoma and it happens to me in every game mode but the worst in dominion I think it's because it's a longer game mode idk

Gray360UK
03-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Dominion is considerably worse than the other modes lately, that is definitely a thing. They already removed 2 maps due to them causing instability issues in Dominion, and I'll be honest and say I think the whole mode is causing instability issues.