PDA

View Full Version : Prison Fight (Suggestion for leaver punnishment)

Nev3rMiss
03-13-2017, 04:32 AM
If you leave the game using certain character the character will be lock and thrown into prison for certain period
whatchu think?

sykout25
03-13-2017, 05:33 AM
If you leave the game using certain character the character will be lock and thrown into prison for certain period
whatchu think?

I'll agree, but only if the same punishment applies to people who don't spellcheck.

De4d_0n_Sight
03-13-2017, 07:39 AM
If the MM worked...

But currently I won't parricipate in elemination or dominion battles with one-two bots in team against a 3 man platoon of 108s.

Cyriccube
03-13-2017, 07:44 AM
Considering the connectivity state of the game leaver punishments can't be made unless they set a system that recognizes someone actively quitting the game, stopping the application, or shutting down their system in some way.

In addition, the Prison server style of punishment ends up solving nothing in the long run. What you have instead is a bunch of angry players who are just going to get angry with each other and quit the game and learn nothing from it. I instead believe a system like overwatchs leaver punishment where EXP gains are reduced to 25% of what would have been earned would be a good idea. Character resets would also cause the same problem, especially if it included reputation reset.

Turric4n666
03-13-2017, 07:54 AM
Considering the connectivity state of the game leaver punishments can't be made unless they set a system that recognizes someone actively quitting the game, stopping the application, or shutting down their system in some way.

In addition, the Prison server style of punishment ends up solving nothing in the long run. What you have instead is a bunch of angry players who are just going to get angry with each other and quit the game and learn nothing from it. I instead believe a system like overwatchs leaver punishment where EXP gains are reduced to 25% of what would have been earned would be a good idea. Character resets would also cause the same problem, especially if it included reputation reset.

good thing that programs send terminationcodes and, well.. pressing the leave match button is pretty distinctive opposed to a disconnect. The only thing you can fake is disrupting your connection on purpose.