PDA

View Full Version : My abysmal experience with For Honor

NeoLocutus
03-13-2017, 03:03 AM
First of all, I really like For Honor and probably this is the real reason behind my huge frustration with this game.

I was happy to play this title on my Xbox One, because it felt fresh, new, funny and so much violent (finishing an enemy is so satisfying) :D

But... it wouldn't be an Ubisoft title without well... several marks of shame of Ubisoft!

Red alert on my trouble-detector arose in the first 30min in the game: critical error and I'm booted out to the title screen. "Well, no ****!" - I said - "I don't like it but it happens. Let me restart from the last checkpoint". Or so I thought! Because I had to restart the mission from the beginning...AND I WAS BOOTED OUT WHILE THE GAME WAS PLAYING THE LAST CUTSCENE OF THE MISSION! What the hell is wrong with this idiotic design, guys?! You kick me out of the game for a connection error while I'm playing the damn single player campaign??

While I was booted out a lot more times during the campaign, I managed to finish it both on normal and on realistic difficulties (this should prove how much I sincerely like For Honor). And here is Ubisoft for you: you managed to glitch the achievements too! I completed only the Knights and Vikings campaign on realistic and voilą! My Xbox granted me both achievements for completing the game on hard and realistic! (I still finished the Samurai story for the collectibles, achievements and decorations)

After wiping up the remaining campaign achievements, here I am ready to take my Kensei to the higher path of honor and glory! But no... here it comes Ubisoft again:

1) Matchmaking failed
2) Unbalanced matchmaking
3) Error 7-0000000004 and consequent booting to the title screen
4) Matchmaking works ONE DAMN TIME and then... game breaking Error 0000000008! I have to restart to game to make matchmaking work again.
5) Most of the times I get in a match that already begun, but I can live with this until it is balanced!
6) Error 0006000039
7) Error 0000000004
8) Error 0000000006
9) Go back to 1

You have to realize, Ubisoft, that you can't release a broken game like this. I thought Assassin's Creed Unity already taught you this lesson. What bothers me more is that I'm pretty sure that this software is so technically screwed up that no patch could possibly solve all these issues.

Talking as a customer, I was let down by a some of your games in the past. Nevertheless, I was willing to trust you one last time on For Honor. In my head this was the last chance I gave you to justify my next purchases: Watch_Dogs 2 and the next Assassin's Creed (because this is the game I LOVE. Yeah: LOVE).

But no, you can't release a broken product like this and get away so easily with it. I just can't accept it. I work hard to earn money to invest in videogames, I don't steal it, I don't rob it.

I GIVE VALUE TO MY MONEY and you won't see it anymore. You lost me as a customer and I really hope you lose several others. Maybe then you'll learn how to be a good company, but then it won't concern me anymore.

ITSTIMETOST0P
03-13-2017, 03:13 AM
Mate.... your abysmal experience doesnt mean squat to this company or anyone else that bought their games. You bought the game that's all that matters. Aftermarket support to games is either PR or just to make money (both related anyway). The game was a failure I was duped too time to move on bud....

Einherjar25
03-13-2017, 03:15 AM
I GIVE VALUE TO MY MONEY and you won't see it anymore. You lost me as a customer and I really hope you lose several others. Maybe then you'll learn how to be a good company, but then it won't concern me anymore.

If it makes you feel any better I will never do business with them again. I have never went on forums before that to complain about a game like this. I've been playing games for 25 years and it's the very first time I feel like I've been f*cked over. I bought The Division before that and although I was dissapointed about the end game, (which was terrible) I didn't write one single bad post about it. 60 USD for a game like the Division is overpriced but hey, at least single player was really fun. For honor was my second game from this company. Never again. This game is a 20 USD game from a indepedant studio kind of game at best. 60-80% of the playerbase has already left the game (this is why the removed the ingame player count). It boggles my mind that 3/4 of the player left in under 1 month from release. I have never experienced such a failure from a game before. You can go see the steam chart of players, 1 month in, it's already beaten by games like H1Z1: King of hill ---> lolllllll Not to mention the big boys like DOTA 2 and CS.

Einherjar25
03-13-2017, 03:20 AM
Mate.... your abysmal experience doesnt mean squat to this company or anyone else that bought their games. You bought the game that's all that matters. Aftermarket support to games is either PR or just to make money (both related anyway). The game was a failure I was duped too time to move on bud....

Sad but true. Ubisoft goes on the blacklist. I realise through research that Ubisoft never produce a great online game EVER. The Division, Wildlands and For honor all made huge profits but died right after release. That tells ALOT about a company. I should have known. They are in it for the money. I'm pretty sure Diablo 3(love it or hate it) has more players then all these 3 games combine and it's been out for 5 years LOL

NeoLocutus
03-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Yeah I know, I gave them my bucks and that's all that counts for a company. My rant will not solve anything, it may not bother people that already got their games or Ubisoft itself, but it will surely help those who still can't decide if buy this game or not.

Maybe my rant (and the one of all players on this forum) will mean something when Ubisoft will lose as much credibility as customers.

However you're right, time to move on better programmed games. As I said, I don't honestly believe that any patch can fix a game that is broken beyond repair. They can mitigate an issue or two, but they will be unable in the end to provide a technically decent multiplayer experience.

Ceronous
03-13-2017, 12:25 PM
...Is it...is it possible to bring action against a company when a product like this is so blatantly unfinished? I mean it happened to No Man's Sky.

Kannoe15
03-13-2017, 01:16 PM
Sad but true. Ubisoft goes on the blacklist. I realise through research that Ubisoft never produce a great online game EVER. The Division, Wildlands and For honor all made huge profits but died right after release. That tells ALOT about a company. I should have known. They are in it for the money. I'm pretty sure Diablo 3(love it or hate it) has more players then all these 3 games combine and it's been out for 5 years LOL

I honestly would not be surprised if more people still actively play Skyrim than For Honor.