PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie - need help - from developers please!

HiTeHa
03-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Dear developers,

first time I choose Hero which have several bugs and limit my gameplay so I tryed another Hero - Valkyrie. After lots fo matches I have questions on you because I do not understand some game mechanism:

1) Why after parry an enemy attack my Valkyrie can not hit enemy with GB? She miss it so enemy have free hit/GB. I never met this problem with Conqueror, Shugoki, Orochi and from fights looks like only Valkyrie have this "problem"! The question is, WHY? If it is not a game mechanism, I really want to know Why?

2) I like Spear Sweep. I understand that enemy need to dodge it. But why Conqueror (looks like only this char) not need to dodge it but only move back will avoid this attack! Try it! Conqueror not need to use dodge, only simple move back (maybe not only Conqueror but while fighting my friend he only moving back while I triggering Spear Sweep). Why?

3) Why blocked attacks like Pouncing Thrust or Hunter's Strike results in free GB? Recovery time is so long that skilled enemy can easy block it and have free GB. Because of this are this two moves very risky. I tryed to GB same Peacekeeper ability but looks like that Peacekeeper can use CGB. Why?

4) Why she has so low damage? For example: After 3 Nobishi light attack hits I have only 1/2 health left. After my Valkyrie 3 light attacks hit Nobushi, she have 3/4 health left. Why?

5) What is a point of Warden shoulder "charge" hit? How to avoid it? Side dodge not work because you will get GB (which can not be countered while dodging). If is Warden close, your back dodge will not work too because he hit you sooner. After all Wardens shoulder hit, he have free attack. So my question is, how to avoid this attack when dodging not work?

6) Conqueror shoulder "charge" hit is almost same like point 5. I am glad that I can dodge it (Conqueror can not switch to GB), but when he hit you with it, he can repete it: Charge -> hit -> charge -> hit -> charge -> hit ... after he replenish stamina, he fall back and repeat! While you get hit by shoulder charge, you can not side dodge, you can not block incoming attack, sometimes you can use back dodge BUT ... Conqueror do "some weird" long reach heavy attack so it will hit you even after dodging away! If this is a valid game mechanism, I would like to know how to avoid this attacks.

I hope that one of developer will find a time to reply. After first dissapointment with first Hero, this is totally depresing.

Thank you.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Dear developers,

first time I choose Hero which have several bugs and limit my gameplay so I tryed another Hero - Valkyrie. After lots fo matches I have questions on you because I do not understand some game mechanism:

1) Why after parry an enemy attack my Valkyrie can not hit enemy with GB? She miss it so enemy have free hit/GB. I never met this problem with Conqueror, Shugoki, Orochi and from fights looks like only Valkyrie have this "problem"! The question is, WHY? If it is not a game mechanism, I really want to know Why?

2) I like Spear Sweep. I understand that enemy need to dodge it. But why Conqueror (looks like only this char) not need to dodge it but only move back will avoid this attack! Try it! Conqueror not need to use dodge, only simple move back (maybe not only Conqueror but while fighting my friend he only moving back while triggering it). Why?

3) Why blocked attacks like Pouncing Thrust or Hunter's Strike results in free GB? Recovery time is so long that skilled enemy can easy block it and have free GB. Because of this are this two moves very risky. I tryed to GB same Peacekeeper ability but looks like that Peacekeeper can use CGB. Why?

4) Why she has so low damage? For example: After 3 Nobishi light attack hits I have only 1/2 health left. After my Valkyrie light attack hit Nobushi, she have 3/4 health left. Why?

5) What is a point of Warden shoulder "charge" hit? How to avoid it? Side dodge not work because you will get GB (which can not be countered while dodging). If is Warden close, your back dodge will not work too because he hit you sooner. After all Wardens shoulder hit, he have free attack. So my question is, how to avoid this attack when dodging not work?

6) Conqueror shoulder "charge" hit is almost same like point 5. I am glad that I can dodge it (Conqueror can not switch to GB), but when he hit you with it, he can repete it: Charge -> hit -> charge -> hit -> charge -> hit ... after he replenish stamina, he fall back and repeat! While you get hit by shoulder charge, you can not side dodge, you can not block incoming attack, sometimes you can use back dodge BUT ... Conqueror do "some weird" long reach heavy attack so it will hit you even after dodging away! If this is a valid game mechanism, I would like to know how to avoid this attacks.

I hope that one of developer will find a time to reply. After first dissapointment with first Hero, this is totally depresing.

Thank you.

1) Not a bug.

2) Not a bug. The backwards dash is a dodge. What's the real complaint here anyway? That conquerors aren't helpless and have a recourse/counter to one of your moves?

3) Not a bug. You're probably using the moves at the wrong times. Try hunters strike when an enemy is launching a heavy attack, you'll dodge the attack and nail them with a hit and they won't be able to do anything about it if your timing is good. Pouncing thrust is pretty good to use on a retreating enemy, yes there will be difficulties hitting a enemy who is facing you because the pouncing thrust always has the same direction which is common for similar moves such as the peace makers pounce and the lawgivers running thrust.

4) Not a bug. Different classes are different. Why should they have the same damage?

5) Well I don't play valkyrie enough to encounter that often and give you good specific advice there, but more general advice could be that you could try to get good at counter guard breaks if it is truly the case that they immediately can guard break you after you side dodge a shoulder charge. It seems like guard breaks are a theme with your post and while I can agree that the counter guard break is terribly unforgiving with the timing, practice will help a lot and make guard breaks much less frustrating if you can get consistently good at it.

6) Wow, that must be a bug with the conqueror! He can't get a GB after you side dodge but a warden can? It can only be the result of a bug. I main as conqueror and enemies often can guard a heavy after a shield bash. Try parrying the attack after the strike. You can side dodge the shield bash, you probably just have the wrong timing. I don't know what "weird long reach heavy attack" you're talking about, there is nothing long range about the conqueror. It

Edit: Oh and also 5 isn't a bug and neither is 6.

HiTeHa
03-12-2017, 11:35 AM
1) Not a bug. So why? For example, after Valkyrie parry an attack, you can not hit enemy even with your light attack! .... Why?

2) Not a bug. The backwards dash is a dodge. What's the real complaint here anyway? That conquerors aren't helpless and have a recourse/counter to one of your moves? No, Conqueror just move back. Not dash / dodge. He just click on S key and move back. This leads to my question - why?

3) Not a bug. You're probably using the moves at the wrong times. Try hunters strike when an enemy is launching a heavy attack, you'll dodge the attack and nail them with a hit and they won't be able to do anything about it if your timing is good. Pouncing thrust is pretty good to use on a retreating enemy, yes there will be difficulties hitting a enemy who is facing you because the pouncing thrust always has the same direction which is common for similar moves such as the peace makers pounce and the lawgivers running thrust. This is not about timing but about recovery time after just simple block. Why is that recovery time so long that enemy have free GB?

4) Not a bug. Different classes are different. Why should they have the same damage? Same class, same health pool, different damage. Why need more risky light attacks instead different faction? I can live with that but I want the know a reason why?

5) Well I don't play valkyrie enough to encounter that often and give you good specific advice there, but more general advice could be that you could try to get good at counter guard breaks if it is truly the case that they immediately can guard break you after you side dodge a shoulder charge. It seems like guard breaks are a theme with your post and while I can agree that the counter guard break is terribly unforgiving with the timing, practice will help a lot and make guard breaks much less frustrating if you can get consistently good at it. I think you not understand the point. When you dodge side a away, you CAN NOT counter guard break! So it leads again to my question. How to avoid this Warden move?

6) Wow, that must be a bug with the conqueror! He can't get a GB after you side dodge but a warden can? It can only be the result of a bug. I main as conqueror and enemies often can guard a heavy after a shield bash. Try parrying the attack after the strike. You can side dodge the shield bash, you probably just have the wrong timing. I don't know what "weird long reach heavy attack" you're talking about, there is nothing long range about the conqueror. It Warden can change charge shoulder attack into GB. Only this class can! But again you not understand the point. Of course you can side dodge the shield bash ... BUT what you will do when he catch you and start with this shield bash -> heavy combo. Because when you are hit with shield bash, you are stuned for a short time. While this stun, he will hit you with heavy and immediatelly while you are recovering he will use shield bash again ... and repete. So again. How to avoid this repetitive combo? That "long reach heavy attack": If you will try Conqueror. When you use shield charge and immediatelly heavy attack, your Hero will do a fast move towards enemy. I used this move lots of time while enemy try to escape from fight. It is tricky but work well.

Edit: Oh and also 5 isn't a bug and neither is 6.

I am glad you reply so I can clarify my first post. BTW who talks about bugs?!

tonycawley69
03-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Dear developers,

2) I like Spear Sweep. I understand that enemy need to dodge it. But why Conqueror (looks like only this char) not need to dodge it but only move back will avoid this attack! Try it! Conqueror not need to use dodge, only simple move back (maybe not only Conqueror but while fighting my friend he only moving back while I triggering Spear Sweep). Why?

4) Why she has so low damage? For example: After 3 Nobishi light attack hits I have only 1/2 health left. After my Valkyrie 3 light attacks hit Nobushi, she have 3/4 health left. Why?

Thank you.

Do you really, honestly think that a dev is going to come in here, read your post and reply? Lol.

HiTeHa
03-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Do you really, honestly think that a dev is going to come in here, read your post and reply? Lol.

So you think Ubisoft guys here not know For Honor? You think that forum moderators not work with game developers? ... I think you are wrong!

ArchDukeInstinct
03-12-2017, 12:39 PM
So why? For example, after Valkyrie parry an attack, you can not hit enemy even with your light attack! .... Why?!

A lot of classes aren't able to hit even after parrying an attack. Parrying has other benefits instead such as additional stamina regeneration and negating the small chip damage done when blocking heavy attacks.

No, Conqueror just move back. Not dash / dodge. He just click on S key and move back. This leads to my question - why?

Okay. And? It's relatively slow but powerful attack.

This is not about timing but about recovery time after just simple block. Why is that recovery time so long that enemy have free GB?

Which is exactly why you should do an appropriate move in reaction to the opponent at the right timing so they can't get you during the recovery time.

Same class, same health pool, different damage. Why need more risky light attacks instead different faction? I can live with that but I want the know a reason why?

They're both hybrids but they're not the same class. They have different moves etc. Nobishis have many different poison attacks while the Valkyrie has many shield bash and spear swiping like moves yet you think they're the same class and thus should automatically has the same damage? By the way, a specific perk on the Nobishi is to do extra damage when attacking someone who is already poisoned. So of course the damage is completely different.

I think you not understand the point. When you dodge side a away, you CAN NOT counter guard break! So it leads again to my question. How to avoid this Warden move?

I don't think you can get guard breaked when dodging, never seen it happen ever in my many hours of play nor ever heard anyone else say it happened before, which is probably why it makes no sense. If it can happen then sorry but I really do doubt that it is. I've had many guard breaks avoided by the enemy dodging and It can be really finicky to land a guard break, you can repeatedly fail to land one even if they are just doing an attack aimed at some other player and not even at you.

Warden can change charge shoulder attack into GB. Only this class can! But again you not understand the point. Of course you can side dodge the shield bash ... BUT what you will do when he catch you and start with this shield bash -> heavy combo. Because when you are hit with shield bash, you are stuned for a short time. While this stun, he will hit you with heavy and immediatelly while you are recovering he will use shield bash again ... and repete. So again. How to avoid this repetitive combo? That "long reach heavy attack": If you will try Conqueror. When you use shield charge and immediatelly heavy attack, your Hero will do a fast move towards enemy. I used this move lots of time while enemy try to escape from fight. It is tricky but work well.

Yes nobody is disputing that.

I just told you I mained conqueror, and that many of those following heavies are often blocked by my opponent. I can do the same thing against other conquerors, maybe you just aren't quick enough about blocking?

HiTeHa
03-12-2017, 01:13 PM
To DukeInstinct:

Can you type here which classes can not GB an enemy after successful parry?

With SpearSweep you not get a point. If Valkyrie attacks you, you can only move backward and will not get hit by SpearSweep. You as Valkyrie can not do anything more to made it reach. You need to try Valkyrie, play for example 50 matches and than answer. Someting like "Ok. And?" is a (sorry for that) trash.

I see you not know what is recovery time after attack / miss of attack / blocked attack etc... It is a shor time where you are vulnerable to free GB. Free mean that you can not counter it. I am pointing to the fact that Valkyrie have very long recovery time after enemy block this attacks so they can trigger free GB. For example, if you try this as Peacekeeper, you are able to CGB after "same" variations of attacks.

Yes, it is right that Nobishi have poison which gives advatage. I am just curious about the point - why? More hits - more risk to get parry. And while defensive play win at this moment, I not see the reason. Valkyries best damage hit is most hardest to trigger for example. So if light attacks are so weak, where is the other advantage? ...

Wardens Shoulder Bash cancel into GB is easy to perform if you know how to use it. You need to look on opponents reaction. I used same with Shugoki (with charge attack -> cancel into GB if enemy dodge it. When enemy dodge and you use GB, he can not counter it! Best players know it! If you not see anyone used it, than you not play against skilled opponents. You can look on Youtube what I mean.

I played Conqueror too. The trick is to start heavy attack in different guard than enemy player have it before Shield Bash. Than you need to swap guard to perfom all in fast, smooth combo. It is easy to muscle learn. If you are in Revange mode, than you have sure win because Shield Bash knowck down an enemy -> heavy hit -> Shield Bash knowck down an enemy -> heavy hit .. etc into enemys death.

I hope all is clear. I not want to make excuses for some movements. I just want to know how to avoid / defend this kind of attacks. In right hands, I mean in hands of skilled player are this moves unavoidable. But maybe someone know more than me ....

MaxeliusAD
03-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Developerd doesn't read this forum. They earn your money and now with all your questions you can **** off. That's their decision.

teksuo1
03-12-2017, 03:13 PM
she just got candy, calm down please.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-13-2017, 12:37 AM
To DukeInstinct:

Can you type here which classes can not GB an enemy after successful parry?

I didn't say you couldn't guard break after parrying. Virtually all classes can do that. I said many classes can't hit after parrying. To clarify I specifically mean heavy hits. It's pretty obvious when I've gotten parried numerous times by many different classes yet none of them go for a heavy attack very often and when they do I almost always am able to block it.

With SpearSweep you not get a point. If Valkyrie attacks you, you can only move backward and will not get hit by SpearSweep. You as Valkyrie can not do anything more to made it reach. You need to try Valkyrie, play for example 50 matches and than answer. Someting like "Ok. And?" is a (sorry for that) trash.

Well it's not trash, it's prompting you to actually elaborate on your reasoning for once.

Given the vast majority of the attacks in this game are blocked merely by changing your guard stance alone WHY should moving back not be a valid counter to a spear sweep, a relatively slow attack that will knock you to the ground and give you a free heavy if it does land?

I see you not know what is recovery time after attack / miss of attack / blocked attack etc... It is a shor time where you are vulnerable to free GB. Free mean that you can not counter it. I am pointing to the fact that Valkyrie have very long recovery time after enemy block this attacks so they can trigger free GB. For example, if you try this as Peacekeeper, you are able to CGB after "same" variations of attacks.

Well let me quote myself: "Which is exactly why you should do an appropriate move in reaction to the opponent at the right timing so they can't get you during the recovery time."

I have in fact played valkyrie to at least reputation 1 and I'm able to hit hunter strikes and pounces all the time with no trouble. You don't just blindly spam the move and then complain when you get punished for it.

Yes, it is right that Nobishi have poison which gives advatage. I am just curious about the point - why? More hits - more risk to get parry. And while defensive play win at this moment, I not see the reason. Valkyries best damage hit is most hardest to trigger for example. So if light attacks are so weak, where is the other advantage? ...

And you got your answer already, they're different classes.

And I also gave you the answer to "where is the other advantage", pointing out the various moves that have completely different roles between the classes. To add onto it even further valkyries even have a full guard stance in contrast to the Nobushi.

Wardens Shoulder Bash cancel into GB is easy to perform if you know how to use it. You need to look on opponents reaction. I used same with Shugoki (with charge attack -> cancel into GB if enemy dodge it. When enemy dodge and you use GB, he can not counter it! Best players know it! If you not see anyone used it, than you not play against skilled opponents. You can look on Youtube what I mean.

Yeah I've seen it happen plenty of times. As a conqueror, I stand my ground and anticipate the guard break coming and focus on counter guard breaking and it works pretty well for me. I'm sorry that you're apparently very bad at counter guard breaking, maybe you should practice it like I mentioned earlier and then you wouldn't have to embarrass yourself on the forums. Try the advanced practice mode with bots.

I played Conqueror too. The trick is to start heavy attack in different guard than enemy player have it before Shield Bash. Than you need to swap guard to perfom all in fast, smooth combo. It is easy to muscle learn. If you are in Revange mode, than you have sure win because Shield Bash knowck down an enemy -> heavy hit -> Shield Bash knowck down an enemy -> heavy hit .. etc into enemys death.

lol as if I I don't know to switch stance after the shield bash even though I main conqueror... The uncharged heavy is slow and not everyone has a snail's pace reaction like you do apparently. Also why not just anticipate the direction changing so you can react ahead of time if you're really so slow that you can't change guard in time for a heavy? Heck try parrying even.

I hope all is clear. I not want to make excuses for some movements. I just want to know how to avoid / defend this kind of attacks. In right hands, I mean in hands of skilled player are this moves unavoidable. But maybe someone know more than me ....

Obviously it's not unavoidable even in skilled hands. How come all the tournament level players don't go conqueror and use that combo exclusively? Maybe you need to tell them how to change stance to a different one before attacking? Apparently that's the key.

SyX_VulgarAjko
03-13-2017, 12:54 AM
Dear developers,

Thank you.

This men got a point. Totaly Hope someone test her cause patch have no ETA so #PrayForValk

SyX_VulgarAjko
03-13-2017, 12:55 AM
Dear developers,

Thank you.

This men got a point. Totaly Hope someone test her cause patch have no ETA so #PrayForValk

SyX_VulgarAjko
03-13-2017, 12:56 AM
Dear developers,

Thank you.

HiTeHa
03-13-2017, 07:46 AM
To DukeInstinct:

I ask you to type which class can not GB after successful parry. I see you just talk a trash because you not answer. Forgot heavy attacks or any other moves. This point IS ONLY ABOUT GB after parry. If you not know how to perform it or doing anything else instead, just do not comment it.

Only what you need to avoid Spear Sweep is have downed S key and you are out of range. Do you think is it correct game mechanism? I would like to ask a devs because this looks weird to me.

It is like talking to a wall. This point IS ABOUT REVOCERY TIME after Pouncing Thrust or Hunter's Strike. It is not about how good an enemy is or how and when to land. Do you understand? If enemy block (just simple block this two attacks) he have FREE GB. Free unblockable GB. Type me which another special moves from different heroes leads to FREE GB after you just simple block them! Tell me! If you not know ...please do not talk trash.

I understand that Vakyrie and Nobushi have different damage because of different move sets. I agree with all.

I see you not know what is uncounterable GB! Because I explain it before, please try to find it. If you will look into this forums more deeply, you will find differents posts about this. You can look on YouTube where very good players use this move. Again... YOU CAN NOT COUNTER IT! ...

Like point before. Look into For Honor forum. After Shield bash you are STUNNED for a while! You CAN NOT BLOCK, PARRY, GB or any other moves. You totaly not have a knowledge of game mechanism! When you get Shield Bash your guard icons not show up before you get heavy hit! Only some characters can "passive block it" if you as Conqueror not do it well.

... BTW why you think that "tournament level players" not use Conqueror?! ...

This is my last to your comments becouse you talk trash! You lack of knowledge about game mechanism. If someone type that one move is weird, you reply trash like use different move. It is not a solution. If you not have anythink to my points, please do not reply! I know I can use moves in better time / in reaction of enemy. But this is not about game combat. This is about exact points of one Hero - Valkyrie.

Rahnzan
03-13-2017, 08:47 AM
1) You're using a damn spear. Try not being 12 dozen yards away when your parry goes off. If the developers specifically shut that down, then there's probably a serious problem involving the rest of your skill-set that they wanted to prevent.
2) He stepped out of range fool. That's the simplest form of defense. "Don't be where the attack is."
3) That entirely depends on who you're fighting but a lot of characters get a free GB after certain drawn out attacks. You stated your own solution, counter-guard-break and deal with it.
4) Because she's got a SPEAR. Your damage is fast, repetitive, rapidly changes directions, comes from a mile away and she's equipped with more options to drain stamina than a Lawbringer. What more do you want?
5) He can either cancel into guard break, or just let the shoulder charge hit. The guard break tracks a little bit so if you dodge too early he's going to have time to cancel and stick you. You can't CGB because you're busy dodging, so roll backwards, problem solved. When I play a Warden my biggest problem is dealing with rapid attacks, which your character is extremely well suited for. Avoid Top-Attacks and spam like a violent Monty Python skit gone horribly wrong. Or...ORR.. you can just HIT him. If he cancels, it's going to ruin his day.
6) They're nerfing that nonsense.

Traktorash
03-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Dear developers,

Thank you.

1) Because Valk, like the Nobushi, Lawbringer and Kensei are "Long-Range" Classes. You throw back / Are thrown back further off a parry than the other classes. BUT you can get a gb after a parry since the Valk like the kensei and... raider i think has a dashing guardbreak. You can do ForwardDashGB after a parry and it's guaranteed.

2) This sounds like a bug, sweep should not be avoidable by moveing backward the trakcing on it is very good, you can do a Forward Throw (headbutt) , chain it into sweep and it will STILL hit.

3) That's normal (tho iirc it was only the Conq that could get GB after blocking ligthts and only on SOME classes because of Conq's superior block). It's normal because each attack has differant frame data on stratup and recovery. The Pk has THE FASTEST attacks in the game both Light and Zone attacks wich means her recovery from said attacks is also insignificant.

4) Because ... balance? Also Nobushis does one chain and that's it, end of chain. Valk can technicaly chain untill shes out of stamina after the first sweep. If you've sweeped someone you can go Heavy -> Bash -> Sweep ad infintum (or you know, untill your stamina lasts).

5) / 6) Everything is counterable in this game. For warden (and it seem i've said this 100 times allready) either use your fastest Light attack (side light usualy) and it'll stop both the charge and the guardbreak. Or double tap dodge to roll backwards (can't be Gbed in a roll). As for the Coneq he's hitting you because it's a chain. Chains have faster attack speed / better tracking and the conqueror can chain either a light or a heavy after shield bash

HiTeHa
03-13-2017, 10:20 AM
1) You're using a damn spear. Try not being 12 dozen yards away when your parry goes off. If the developers specifically shut that down, then there's probably a serious problem involving the rest of your skill-set that they wanted to prevent. Ok, so how not to be 12 dozen yards away when parry an incoming attack? Can you explain it to me pls?
2) He stepped out of range fool. That's the simplest form of defense. "Don't be where the attack is." So how to be in range while Spear Sweep? Explain pls.
3) That entirely depends on who you're fighting but a lot of characters get a free GB after certain drawn out attacks. You stated your own solution, counter-guard-break and deal with it. I am tired of nonsense answers like CGB. Explain me how to CGB while you CAN NOT CGB.
4) Because she's got a SPEAR. Your damage is fast, repetitive, rapidly changes directions, comes from a mile away and she's equipped with more options to drain stamina than a Lawbringer. What more do you want? I think you never try Valkyrie. Chains are same like Nobushi, Nobushi has better range of light attacks. Which options do you talk about? Explain pls.
5) He can either cancel into guard break, or just let the shoulder charge hit. The guard break tracks a little bit so if you dodge too early he's going to have time to cancel and stick you. You can't CGB because you're busy dodging, so roll backwards, problem solved. When I play a Warden my biggest problem is dealing with rapid attacks, which your character is extremely well suited for. Avoid Top-Attacks and spam like a violent Monty Python skit gone horribly wrong. Or...ORR.. you can just HIT him. If he cancels, it's going to ruin his day. How can I hit Warden while stuned immediately after Shoulder bash? Or how can I dodge back when Shoulder charge hits you earlier? Explain pls.
6) They're nerfing that nonsense. I hope so.

I like to hear how to play better. Please explain my comments.

HiTeHa
03-13-2017, 10:40 AM
1) Because Valk, like the Nobushi, Lawbringer and Kensei are "Long-Range" Classes. You throw back / Are thrown back further off a parry than the other classes. BUT you can get a gb after a parry since the Valk like the kensei and... raider i think has a dashing guardbreak. You can do ForwardDashGB after a parry and it's guaranteed. I saw a video with skilled Valkyrie player and sometimes when enemy is close it work (moving forward + GB). But lots of time it is risky because when you miss, you are in long miss recovery time. Even light attack miss after parry. I tryed some Heroes because of this but Valkyrie looks little broken for me ... dunno

2) This sounds like a bug, sweep should not be avoidable by moveing backward the trakcing on it is very good, you can do a Forward Throw (headbutt) , chain it into sweep and it will STILL hit. Yes, just moving back and you are out of range of Spear Sweep. Happens lots of time against Conqueror. Just simple moving back. BTW you must use Spear Sweep immediatelly after second chain hit or it will not trigget. So you have no chance to get in closer distance...

3) That's normal (tho iirc it was only the Conq that could get GB after blocking ligthts and only on SOME classes because of Conq's superior block). It's normal because each attack has differant frame data on stratup and recovery. The Pk has THE FASTEST attacks in the game both Light and Zone attacks wich means her recovery from said attacks is also insignificant. Free GB after block of theese two special moves is not because Conqueror superior block but only by basic block of any Hero. If you will fight skilled player who know this, than this two attack are risky...

4) Because ... balance? Also Nobushis does one chain and that's it, end of chain. Valk can technicaly chain untill shes out of stamina after the first sweep. If you've sweeped someone you can go Heavy -> Bash -> Sweep ad infintum (or you know, untill your stamina lasts). ... yes I agree that in compare with Nobushi we can find positive / negative.

5) / 6) Everything is counterable in this game. For warden (and it seem i've said this 100 times allready) either use your fastest Light attack (side light usualy) and it'll stop both the charge and the guardbreak. Or double tap dodge to roll backwards (can't be Gbed in a roll). As for the Coneq he's hitting you because it's a chain. Chains have faster attack speed / better tracking and the conqueror can chain either a light or a heavy after shield bash I can not agree with this statement: "Everything is counterable in this game". I explain both Warden and Conqueror earlier. Spamming light attack is not a solution to force Warden not to use Shoulder charge. If Warden is close, you have no time to light attack or dodge roll back. I explain this before too. I not know if you get a point about Conqueror Shield bash -> Heavy moves. Because of stuns / recovery times etc. you have no chance to do anything else.... Or ... can you explain me what to do when you get first hit by Wardens Shoulder charge and Conquerors Shiled charge?

ArchDukeInstinct
03-13-2017, 11:00 AM
To DukeInstinct:

I ask you to type which class can not GB after successful parry. I see you just talk a trash because you not answer. Forgot heavy attacks or any other moves. This point IS ONLY ABOUT GB after parry. If you not know how to perform it or doing anything else instead, just do not comment it.

Right and now try reading my previous post again, specifically the part "I didn't say you couldn't guard break after parrying. Virtually all classes can do that" There I clearly point out that there was nothing to list for you. In addition to your poor reaction time, inability to counter guard breaks, you also seem to be intentionally obtuse.

Only what you need to avoid Spear Sweep is have downed S key and you are out of range. Do you think is it correct game mechanism? I would like to ask a devs because this looks weird to me.

Sorry but what exactly is weird about an attack not hitting if you move out of its range? And yeah if it's a slow attack you can probably just walk backwards before it lands. Seems pretty basic to me, what's the problem here?

It is like talking to a wall. This point IS ABOUT REVOCERY TIME after Pouncing Thrust or Hunter's Strike. It is not about how good an enemy is or how and when to land.Do you understand? If enemy block (just simple block this two attacks) he have FREE GB. Free unblockable GB. Type me which another special moves from different heroes leads to FREE GB after you just simple block them! Tell me! If you not know ...please do not talk trash.

What is your idea? That the attack should have no drawbacks or a way to punish it at all? Should you be able to repeatedly pounce, back out of range, and then pounce again and they have no recourse against it? That seems to be the general problem here, you complain that there's a counter to a move, well yes... That's called balance.

From what I've experienced the peace maker's pounce has a similar recovery time if the attack is blocked. But surely you're going to freak out now because despite giving you a similar attack and situation, I didn't explicitly declare it as something that will lead to a free guard break if it is merely blocked because I've never seen it happen and I conclude that it probably isn't the case. Although even if it does happen, so what? Your attack failed and you got punished for it.

I understand that Vakyrie and Nobushi have different damage because of different move sets. I agree with all.

I'm glad you understand now. Not sure why I needed to explain something so basic in the first place but okay.

I see you not know what is uncounterable GB! Because I explain it before, please try to find it. If you will look into this forums more deeply, you will find differents posts about this. You can look on YouTube where very good players use this move. Again... YOU CAN NOT COUNTER IT! ...

Well I've yet to witness a situation of pouncing as a valkyrie, them blocking the attack, and then them getting a free guard break and I do that attack quite frequently and get it blocked quite frequently. Are you sure you're not actually being parried? Can you even tell the difference?

Like point before. Look into For Honor forum. After Shield bash you are STUNNED for a while! You CAN NOT BLOCK, PARRY, GB or any other moves. You totaly not have a knowledge of game mechanism! When you get Shield Bash your guard icons not show up before you get heavy hit! Only some characters can "passive block it" if you as Conqueror not do it well.

I don't need to look at the forums, I am nearly a rep 4 Conqueror and personally experience people blocking the attack or side dodging the shield bash all the time.

... BTW why you think that "tournament level players" not use Conqueror?! ...

Sorry but when did I ever say that tournament level players do not use conqueror? What I said that not ALL tournament level players use conqueror, not that nobody uses conqueror. Yet if what you said was true and the shield bash heavy combo was truly unavoidable and uncounterable then they would all play that because it would be completely stupid not to. They would automatically lose to anybody who was using conqueror.

This is my last to your comments becouse you talk trash! You lack of knowledge about game mechanism. If someone type that one move is weird, you reply trash like use different move. It is not a solution. If you not have anythink to my points, please do not reply! I know I can use moves in better time / in reaction of enemy. But this is not about game combat. This is about exact points of one Hero - Valkyrie.

Actually I only began "talking trash" when you were repeatedly condescending to me. You merely only received your own medicine back and wow are you upset about it.

Well no, I just don't repeatedly put myself in the same poor situations as you apparently do.

I never said to use a different move lol. I said to use the move at its proper time. This is a common theme, you constantly assert that I said something I never did.

bananaflow2017
03-13-2017, 11:44 AM
I guess the valk hast got other problems.
For example the shoulder Pin.... nearly impossible to hit but your strongest atack. No other class has got to do stuff like that to use theire strongest attack.
Or am i doing something wrong? Maybe you have got some tipps for me :)

Rahnzan
03-13-2017, 11:58 AM
1) You probably can't with the spear lady but you've basically got to be kissing your opponent instead of parrying the very end of their attack. Instead, stab them, it's what you're good at. Skip that nonsense and go right for more damage.
2) Looked it up. Didn't know it was an unblockable attack. Unblockable attacks are dodgable specifically because they're unblockable, yer screwed mate.
3) If you cannot CGB then learn how. Their GB is a guaranteed hit, whether or not they hold onto you is NOT. My answer stays the same. CGB.
4) You have all 5. Your attacks are fast, follow-ups are fast, your guard changes are fast, your range is long and you've got 2 or 3 stamina draining attacks. So I'm talking about -all- of them, genius. Nobushi has close to the worst guard change speed in the game. Just because you don't have the longest range doesn't mean you don't have really long range. The only people who have your range are other hybrids, except for maybe the Kensei, but don't you DARE complain about him, he's hot mediocre garbage enough as it is.

5)
Shoulder Bash: Dodge backward or to the side.
Shoulder Bash Cancel into GB: Dodge backward. If you do get grabbed, dodge backwards during his follow-up attack if it's a top-heavy. He'll miss and be kind of annoyed. If he hits with a side-heavy, you got out-played. Take your lumps. That's his win scenario, not yours.
Charged Shoulder Bash: Hit him, he'll stop bashing. Or dodge to the side.
Charged Shoulder Bash Cancel into GB: Hit him, he'll stop bashing. Or dodge backward. The cancel stops his range.

The shoulder bash is unblockable not uninterruptible, so hitting should work but the safest bet is dodging backwards in all cases unless he sits there for any amount of time. The only time you want to dodge to the side is when he charges a bash because he's going to have the range to hit you anyway, except he'll know you want to dodge for the side and use the heat-seeking gb of death that's purpose built to grab people like that. So you -still- want to dodge backward, because there's a 100% chance you'll get nuked dodging to the side if he's good, but only a 50% chance you'll get nuked dodging backward. Chances are high his first CSB is going to be a Cancel to **** your day, but if you avoid that, Chances are also high he'll try for a straight CSB without canceling to hit the cheeky player that dodges him. So dodge backward the first time, and dodge to the side the second time. If he hits you after all of that, again, that's his win scenario not yours, you got outplayed.

Traktorash
03-13-2017, 12:32 PM

Again, as to 1) Parry followed IMEDIATELY by Forward Dash Guarbreak (i think it's W+Space+MiddleButton) by default on the keyboard should be guaranteed against every class every time. 2) if it's acutaly happening is clearly a bug, same for 3) (i tihnk the devs even said something about GB after light block should not happen) and as to 5) and 6) it's difficult to explain and you seem to have some trouble with english, add me to friends if you want and i'll demonstrate

PS also, regarding warden, keep in mind he has to either dash to start the bash or chain into it after a light attack. Both of wich are quite predictable, it's harder to avoid the chain once it's started but quite easy to get away from the first bash.

I guess the valk hast got other problems.
For example the shoulder Pin.... nearly impossible to hit but your strongest atack. No other class has got to do stuff like that to use theire strongest attack.
Or am i doing something wrong? Maybe you have got some tipps for me :)

No it's definetly not just you. Deflect (dodging into an attack) NORMALY require parry timing (dodge when flashing white) but valk seems to have a slower start up to dodge compared to the assassins meanning you pretty much have to dodge early (wich usualy means you'll just... dodge). I'm sure it's coded as parry timing but the seemingly slow startup to the dodge animation means ANY lag or hessitaiton on your part and you're just eating a heavy to the face. Basicaly valk is just to THIIIIICCCC.

Duuklah
03-13-2017, 12:35 PM
I didn't say you couldn't guard break after parrying. Virtually all classes can do that. I said many classes can't hit after parrying. To clarify I specifically mean heavy hits. It's pretty obvious when I've gotten parried numerous times by many different classes yet none of them go for a heavy attack very often and when they do I almost always am able to block it.

Well it's not trash, it's prompting you to actually elaborate on your reasoning for once.

Given the vast majority of the attacks in this game are blocked merely by changing your guard stance alone WHY should moving back not be a valid counter to a spear sweep, a relatively slow attack that will knock you to the ground and give you a free heavy if it does land?

Well let me quote myself: "Which is exactly why you should do an appropriate move in reaction to the opponent at the right timing so they can't get you during the recovery time."

I have in fact played valkyrie to at least reputation 1 and I'm able to hit hunter strikes and pounces all the time with no trouble. You don't just blindly spam the move and then complain when you get punished for it.

And you got your answer already, they're different classes.

And I also gave you the answer to "where is the other advantage", pointing out the various moves that have completely different roles between the classes. To add onto it even further valkyries even have a full guard stance in contrast to the Nobushi.

Yeah I've seen it happen plenty of times. As a conqueror, I stand my ground and anticipate the guard break coming and focus on counter guard breaking and it works pretty well for me. I'm sorry that you're apparently very bad at counter guard breaking, maybe you should practice it like I mentioned earlier and then you wouldn't have to embarrass yourself on the forums. Try the advanced practice mode with bots.

lol as if I I don't know to switch stance after the shield bash even though I main conqueror... The uncharged heavy is slow and not everyone has a snail's pace reaction like you do apparently. Also why not just anticipate the direction changing so you can react ahead of time if you're really so slow that you can't change guard in time for a heavy? Heck try parrying even.

Obviously it's not unavoidable even in skilled hands. How come all the tournament level players don't go conqueror and use that combo exclusively? Maybe you need to tell them how to change stance to a different one before attacking? Apparently that's the key.

I think you main Conq and yer being a ******.

Its obvious that the shield rush spam is broken. ONLY WHEN HE GETS YOU INTO A WALL. Its not that hard in a 1v1 to back someone into a wall because the maps are small AF. I main a valk. I dont cheese the sweep but like 5/10 conqs I play cheese the bash into a wall.

Once im Backed into a wall tell me exactly where the counter play is? Is it s 100ms window? I cant seem to dodge the shield bash once im trapped.

Basically conqs just turtle up until they can manoeuvre me into a wall... So BORING!

SyX_VulgarAjko
03-13-2017, 03:20 PM
How is possible someone who not play HER blame her so much. ITS BUG free gb after jump attack and side attack same as zerker and Conq had same bug with light attack block and then so much SALT MINES was opened and then after all UBI fix this.She is still so bugy a and doesnt work properly at all.Shield tackle GB cancel,Shoulder Pin, Fcked frames of dodge block...AND EVERYONE whos give here perfect guide how to avoid THIS or how to AVOID THIS.. THX! But let know some things: 1. If u dodge some Shoulderbash or headbutt conq shiled etc... Is avoid punishable from free GB? NO! VALK yes After missed every her special unblocable move.2.So when she land two lights in row of course punish is HERE from leg sweep. BUT. If u are not able block atacks u deserve punish! I can block all. no one blame with BS like " I cant" Block switch stance etc.. " {i am almost Rep 10 Valk maining her from release}. Let land orochi 2 lights from TOP is same punish as VAlk with leg sweep if they add zone attack from SUPERMAN speed arzenal for me as VAlk is 70% Hp gone +-.So now to END: Every her move in all is 50/50 dmg punish and from 80% is punish more dmg as her sucesfully landed attack {Leg sweep,shield tackle, shield bash,Pouncing thrust,hunter strike....)= Free GB after block or dodge. So who want compare her or his moveset. EVERY whiner here against FEEDBACK probably dont know this things but their TOXICITY is only can be compared WITH CHERNOBYL.

PS: Thumb up for every VAlk main.
DAJNASCHTU!

SyX_VulgarAjko
03-14-2017, 01:24 AM
bump cause its important.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-14-2017, 03:03 AM
I think you main Conq and yer being a ******.

Its obvious that the shield rush spam is broken. ONLY WHEN HE GETS YOU INTO A WALL. Its not that hard in a 1v1 to back someone into a wall because the maps are small AF. I main a valk. I dont cheese the sweep but like 5/10 conqs I play cheese the bash into a wall.

Once im Backed into a wall tell me exactly where the counter play is? Is it s 100ms window? I cant seem to dodge the shield bash once im trapped.

Basically conqs just turtle up until they can manoeuvre me into a wall... So BORING!

You think I main conqueror? I mean it's not a secret, I literally said I main conqueror in the post you quoted.

From my experience if he shield bashes you multiple times to get you near a wall, he's probably exhausted nearly all of his stamina so he won't be able to do much more to you. Especially if you bother to parry at all. You can always dodge to the side during the shield bash as well, get in a nice hit and now you're probably not in danger of being backed into a wall for a while.

Now of course you asked what to do when you are up against the wall, which I can agree is a difficult situation and unfortunately I can't give you an answer to that. Getting shield bashed into the wall is absolutely a guaranteed heavy hit.

But is that actually overpowered when you can guard break and get a guaranteed heavy as well? In fact conqueror is really the only class I'm aware of that often will not be able to land a heavy after a guard break. Or say you get deflected by an assassin class and countered or shoulder pinned by valkyrie? These are moves that also do not afford you any recourse once they are initiated and take way less time and stamina and don't rely on the environment at all.

Conquerors are naturally a defensive class that unloads lots of damage when the opportunity arises. You may complain about shield bash but that's basically the conqueror's only move. He doesn't have any offensive tools. Every move in their moveset is essentially a transition into a shield bash. Using their defense is just playing the class to their strength.

HiTeHa
03-14-2017, 07:11 AM
Thank you for supporting posts. I think Devs need to rebuild this game mechanism as well as balance.

To DukeInstinct: ... when I read your posts, I reach the conclusion that further discussion is unnecessary. You should try different Heroes than Conqueror.
To Rahnzan: ... I am lost when I read your posts. Sentence like "learn to CGB" while I posted to you that some GB can not be countered is annoying. From this point I stoped reading more...