PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Class in For Honor

Coreygunz00088
03-12-2017, 08:37 AM
The second i bought the game i jumped right into the campaign and vowed to beat it first before hopping into multiplayer. From the campaign, i really liked the Orochi & PeaceKeeper. After finishing the campaign, but after looking over all the characters, i knew i was going to go with the Warden because i love medieval fantasy, the crusades; king arthur stories, knights, and swords far above any other weapon. So it wasn't about what i thought was the best class, it was about picking something i liked aesthetically, and playing through the bad to get good, no matter what. I have gotten pretty good by now, and know how to implement his strengths against any enemies weakness. I made a post that was extremely foolish a few days ago about how Ubisoft should not start nerfing and buffing classes because of sore loser's in a really ignorant and generalized way.

I certainly realize how ridiculous, moronic, and inconsiderate that was after seeing some of the famous exploits people are using in the multiplayer landscape these days. I still am of the mind the warden is in a great place, but I just recently started running into Warden's that like to use the famous "Vortex" combo. I can beat them pretty easily now and do not use it myself, but i can see how outrageous that must be for new or inexperienced players to go up against. Same with the Conqueror's unblockable guardbreak/ endless flail combo. Then there was a pretty wild repetitive combo i have seen the vanguard samurai class use frequently as well, but i do not know the name of their move-set attacks off the top of my head. Anyways, i have changed my tune and realize that like all else, adjustments need to be made in order achieve a greater balance.

However, it is important for the developer's not to go overboard, and that is why i rushed into posting the way i did. For example, in Destiny i remember when they nerfed the assault rifle class because Suros and some of the others were too good at the time, and made other weapon types obsolete in a competitive PvP environment. Of course it ended up having the unwanted effect of making assault rifles suck pretty badly when compared to practically any other gun type until just recently, where they kind of brought them back up to speed a little after 2 years.

For the three years it has been out it has just been a massive back and forth of making one weapon/ type too good, and making another obsolete. So sometimes tweaking something, can break it quite easily; and that is something i do not want to happen if they start buffing/ nerfing certain classes too severely. What do you guys think is the cheapest class in For Honor? Why? and what are your suggestions to Ubisoft if they were listening?

Ex__Machina
03-12-2017, 08:47 AM
i honestly don't think any class is inherently cheap. it's how you play them that can make them cheap. and cheap is actually a good adjective

imo constantly using the same move over and over makes any hero cheap. while i agree how effective a hero is when they use the same move is an important factor, i personally believe using the same move over and over is cheap, regardless of it's effectiveness

by limiting a characters utility by using the same move, you're selling their move versatility short. hence you're being "cheap"

tonycawley69
03-12-2017, 08:52 AM
The second i bought the game i jumped right into the campaign and vowed to beat it first before hopping into multiplayer. From the campaign, i really liked the Orochi & PeaceKeeper. After finishing the campaign, but after looking over all the characters, i knew i was going to go with the Warden because i love medieval fantasy, the crusades; king arthur stories, knights, and swords far above any other weapon. So it wasn't about what i thought was the best class, it was about picking something i liked aesthetically, and playing through the bad to get good, no matter what. I have gotten pretty good by now, and know how to implement his strengths against any enemies weakness. I made a post that was extremely foolish a few days ago about how Ubisoft should not start nerfing and buffing classes because of sore loser's in a really ignorant and generalized way. I certainly realize how ridiculous, moronic, and inconsiderate that was after seeing some of the famous exploits people are using in the multiplayer landscape these days. I still am of the mind the warden is in a great place, but I just recently started running into Warden's that like to use the famous "Vortex" combo. I can beat them pretty easily now and do not use it myself, but i can see how outrageous that must be for new or inexperienced players to go up against. Same with the Conqueror's unblockable guardbreak/ endless flail combo. Then there was a pretty wild repetitive combo i have seen the vanguard samurai class use frequently as well, but i do not know the name of their move-set attacks off the top of my head. Anyways, i have changed my tune and realize that like all else, adjustments need to be made in order achieve a greater balance. However, it is important for the developer's not to go overboard, and that is why i rushed into posting the way i did. For example, in Destiny i remember when they nerfed the assault rifle class because Suros and some of the others were too good at the time, and made other weapon types obsolete in a competitive PvP environment. Of course it ended up having the unwanted effect of making assault rifles suck pretty badly when compared to practically any other gun type until just recently, where they kind of brought them back up to speed a little after 2 years. For the three years it has been out it has just been a massive back and forth of making one weapon/ type too good, and making another obsolete. So sometimes tweaking something, can break it quite easily; and that is something i do not want to happen if they start buffing/ nerfing certain classes too severely. What do you guys think is the cheapest class in For Honor? Why? and what are your suggestions to Ubisoft if they were listening?

Holy Wall of text Batman!

Ain't nobody reading that without paragraphs.

Dark.Knights
03-12-2017, 09:00 AM
i honestly don't think any class is inherently cheap. it's how you play them that can make them cheap. and cheap is actually a good adjective

imo constantly using the same move over and over makes any hero cheap. while i agree how effective a hero is when they use the same move is an important factor, i personally believe using the same move over and over is cheap, regardless of it's effectiveness

by limiting a characters utility by using the same move, you're selling their move versatility short. hence you're being "cheap"

The character spam same move but you are able to dodge, GB , block or parry = not cheap (Example , Law)
The character spam same move but you are getting knock out on the floor, no chance to stand up and keep getting beat until die = cheap (Example, Val and Con)

DrExtrem
03-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Most classes do have cheap tools.

Some of them are combos, you need to have a perfect timing to pull them off, others have cheap passives, like being uninterruptabe and others have fast attacks that make them cheap.

The problem is, that a lot of those cheap moves can be chained without pause and therefore spammed.

Isolated, those combos and attacks are not a problem.

Coreygunz00088
03-12-2017, 09:27 AM

Great point, and i agree. Same for fighting games, off the top of my head i can think of that guy Hwarang from the Tekken series, or however the hell you spell it. You could just mash the 0 button on the controller and do a crazy 6 hit combo. I remember going to the arcade when i was younger and every other person was picking that guy, because his combo's were so simplistic and cheap. I can definitely see how that correlates considering how For Honor is all about melee combat. The Orochi is the Hwarang of For Honor in my opinion, lol. While it may be a good class and have a diverse move-set in the right hands, i have seen player after player side step and spam double light over and over, and over. That one eradicates new players with ease, hell, even me sometimes if i get too aggressive. Warden has a double light as well, but he is much slower all together, and if you spam double light too much with a Warden, your gonna get your *** handed to you. Well, with experienced players for that matter.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-12-2017, 10:35 AM
but i can see how outrageous that must be for new or inexperienced players to go up against. Same with the Conqueror's unblockable guardbreak/ endless flail combo.

What unblockable guard break? Do you mean the shield bash? That's basically the only move conquerors have though. Most of the stuff in the moveset for him is a transition into a shield bash and a lot of the time it won't lead in a heavy landing. You have to shield bash into a wall to reliably land a heavy afterwards.I think it's way better and tolerable than a unblockable attack that actually does damage. (well to be thorough, there is a tier 2 feat that will give the shield bash some small damage)

HiTeHa
03-12-2017, 10:56 AM
What unblockable guard break? Do you mean the shield bash? That's basically the only move conquerors have though. Most of the stuff in the moveset for him is a transition into a shield bash and a lot of the time it won't lead in a heavy landing. You have to shield bash into a wall to reliably land a heavy afterwards.I think it's way better and tolerable than a unblockable attack that actually does damage. (well to be thorough, there is a tier 2 feat that will give the shield bash some small damage)

I think you not understand what autor mean. After Conqueror Parry your attack, he will GB you and start using shoulder charge -> heavy -> shoulder charge -> heavy -> shoulder charge -> heavy ... After he replenish his stamina he fall back and repete. You can not block it or even dodge it because of stun! Sometimes back dodge work but Conqueror heavy attack have long reach hit mechanism so he hit you even after you dodge away ... I hope it is clear now.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-12-2017, 11:08 AM
I think you not understand what autor mean. After Conqueror Parry your attack, he will GB you and start using shoulder charge -> heavy -> shoulder charge -> heavy -> shoulder charge -> heavy ... After he replenish his stamina he fall back and repete. You can not block it or even dodge it because of stun! Sometimes back dodge work but Conqueror heavy attack have long reach hit mechanism so he hit you even after you dodge away ... I hope it is clear now.

I described the same thing of a shield bash into heavy attack and my response was that the heavy isn't unblockable. I main as conqueror and the vast majority of the time, people block the heavy with no issue. Even better is to parry it of course.

It "sometimes" works because sometimes you have the right timing for the dodge and sometimes you don't.

Gray360UK
03-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Maybe it shouldn't be a thing that you can do well, to a degree, by repeating the same move over and over.
But I blame the victim for falling for it.
If you allow some of the characters to do a certain thing to you over and over I think it's mostly your own fault.
Maybe when you are new and inexperienced, or if you are just generally a whiny 'waa the nasty man beat me up' type it all seems horribly unfair and unavoidable and cheap, but honestly, I just don't let them do it to me. There are definitely ways around these 'vortex' moves that people get so upset about. I would rather fight someone who is going to press 2 buttons the entire fight than someone who actually uses their entire arsenal and can change their attack type and tactics at any second.
This is how I feel about it, based on 4 vs 4, where you have a lot more freedom to play around what your opponent is trying to do to you.

AmonAmarth541
03-13-2017, 05:28 AM
assassins and nobushi, at lower level play light attack spam works and these two love their spam

untchable704
03-13-2017, 06:00 AM
PK and it isn't close. The dodge light spam is virtually impossible to stop. I see a couple of other characters starting to do dodge light spamming but not really going to name them.

Some other characters are higher powered than PK but if youre good you can dodge or block them. Just get better. It isn't cheesy if you can stop it. There's only a couple moves people can do with each characters.

SangLong524
03-13-2017, 06:12 AM
The second i bought the game i jumped right into the campaign and vowed to beat it first before hopping into multiplayer. From the campaign, i really liked the Orochi & PeaceKeeper. After finishing the campaign, but after looking over all the characters, i knew i was going to go with the Warden because i love medieval fantasy, the crusades; king arthur stories, knights, and swords far above any other weapon. So it wasn't about what i thought was the best class, it was about picking something i liked aesthetically, and playing through the bad to get good, no matter what. I have gotten pretty good by now, and know how to implement his strengths against any enemies weakness. I made a post that was extremely foolish a few days ago about how Ubisoft should not start nerfing and buffing classes because of sore loser's in a really ignorant and generalized way.

I certainly realize how ridiculous, moronic, and inconsiderate that was after seeing some of the famous exploits people are using in the multiplayer landscape these days. I still am of the mind the warden is in a great place, but I just recently started running into Warden's that like to use the famous "Vortex" combo. I can beat them pretty easily now and do not use it myself, but i can see how outrageous that must be for new or inexperienced players to go up against. Same with the Conqueror's unblockable guardbreak/ endless flail combo. Then there was a pretty wild repetitive combo i have seen the vanguard samurai class use frequently as well, but i do not know the name of their move-set attacks off the top of my head. Anyways, i have changed my tune and realize that like all else, adjustments need to be made in order achieve a greater balance.

However, it is important for the developer's not to go overboard, and that is why i rushed into posting the way i did. For example, in Destiny i remember when they nerfed the assault rifle class because Suros and some of the others were too good at the time, and made other weapon types obsolete in a competitive PvP environment. Of course it ended up having the unwanted effect of making assault rifles suck pretty badly when compared to practically any other gun type until just recently, where they kind of brought them back up to speed a little after 2 years.

For the three years it has been out it has just been a massive back and forth of making one weapon/ type too good, and making another obsolete. So sometimes tweaking something, can break it quite easily; and that is something i do not want to happen if they start buffing/ nerfing certain classes too severely. What do you guys think is the cheapest class in For Honor? Why? and what are your suggestions to Ubisoft if they were listening?

i don't read any of this but the title. I generally don't look into any forum except when I'm looking for some justification for my queries. The last forum I spent my time with was GOW Ascension and my, this ranting is just like Jump Blocking, Jump Slice, Sword of Zeus + Reckoning combo pandemonium all over again. The people may change, but the whining sure hasn't.

Aidames
03-13-2017, 06:33 AM
I described the same thing of a shield bash into heavy attack and my response was that the heavy isn't unblockable. I main as conqueror and the vast majority of the time, people block the heavy with no issue. Even better is to parry it of course.

It "sometimes" works because sometimes you have the right timing for the dodge and sometimes you don't.

Yeah, I keep hearing that us Conqs are getting free heavy attacks left and right, but it is simply not true. Only a light attack is guaranteed after a shield bash, except if you manage to throw the opponent into a wall. So many people are blocking my heavies after a Bash that a lot of times I just start doing the light infinite chain instead, to at least squeeze some damage in.

I don't know why people think that we get free heavies and that our Shield Bashes are uninterruptible. Simply untrue.

AmonAmarth541
03-13-2017, 06:34 AM
i might also add assassin dodge in this game is entirely broken, too many times have i seen my weapon phase through an enemies skull because he side steps where i was attacking and it counts as a dodge like come ****ing on. Oh and the nobushis block is like conquerers where you get stunned after hitting her because it isnt hard enough to get near her anyway when you do she can just block everything and get revenge mode. And bleed like sick poke me with your pole till i bleed to death.

DrExtrem
03-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Yeah.

It should not be possible to role into a wall and get away. How often did I see a bot rolling "on the same spot" into a wall again and again. Off course with perfect timing. Every time, mt blade went right thru them, without doing damage. Or bots infinitely dashing away.

Broken mechanic.

Duuklah
03-13-2017, 12:20 PM

Yeah until he gets your back against the wall. Then there is no more blocking..............

You run out of room pretty quick in 1v1 and 2v2 duels with the maps being so small.

I main a valk I refuse to cheese the sweep. I use it once maybe twice a round MAX. I dont count missed attempts. I find it boring and repetitive to use it til I run out of stam.

I havent met many Conqs with as much honor.. They will spam that shoulder bash into heavy combo until they get you into a wall and then spam their Tbag until the screen fades to black.

For the OP - Cheapest, by far, is Conq!!!

MeArney
03-13-2017, 12:28 PM
The character spam same move but you are able to dodge, GB , block or parry = not cheap (Example , Law)
The character spam same move but you are getting knock out on the floor, no chance to stand up and keep getting beat until die = cheap (Example, Val and Con)
I think you´re just a bad player if you can´t counter the Valkyrie or Conquerors combo... Hint: It´s just a STEP AWAY

MeArney
03-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Cheapest is the Warlord headbutt + stab spam. Never played againstanything as annoying as that. Especially since they normally turtle aswell with their allmighty defence. Basically if you´re against one of those who can counter guardbrake, even while you feint. You are f**ked!