PDA

View Full Version : Make external grabs more noticeable?

Simi_Xiamara_
03-12-2017, 06:58 AM
Title

TCTF_SWAT
03-12-2017, 07:33 AM
How so?

Simi_Xiamara_
03-12-2017, 07:45 AM
Idk put the shield icon over their head or somthing? Make sirons go off? >.>

TCTF_SWAT
03-12-2017, 07:50 AM
But then I can't do surprise flips though and put people on tilt. Then they panic, pop revenge and the cycle continues til death.

KarleBoy
03-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Now that OP mentioned it,
Why do Kensei & Raider's unblockable attack shows their icon, but no CC attacks from all other heroes? Because they're low tier? ubi conspiracy?

And yes, I'd like more info on incoming external attacks

TCTF_SWAT
03-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Any unblockable that can be parried (Ie Lb unblockables, shugoki charged heavy) can be seen with a ! from anywhere while in GM. Disable moves however cannot be seen with an icon. It might be so that you have to be aware of them and treat them as a big threat. That or making them harder to see in the midst of combat.

Yianyan
03-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Any unblockable that can be parried (Ie Lb unblockables, shugoki charged heavy) can be seen with a ! from anywhere while in GM. Disable moves however cannot be seen with an icon. It might be so that you have to be aware of them and treat them as a big threat. That or making them harder to see in the midst of combat.

That would make no sense, though. "Oh, here is an attack that you can only deal with by parrying or dodging so we're going to give you more info. Now here is an attack that you can only deal with by dodging so we're going to give you no info." Sure, a GB or other such moves don't deal damage on their own but almost all of them guarantee some kind of damage. That would be a terrible rationale for the way it is. Making a move harder to see in the midst of combat kind a defeats the entire point of the UI.

TCTF_SWAT
03-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Well excluding demon embrace. GB's nor disable moves actually cause damage on their own. Some can GEt damage off them but yeah.

I dunno. Ask a dev. I'm just thining of reasons as to why there isn't some icon. Not that I mind. It just means again I can sneak in surprise long arms without noticing and my TM's just feast on the poor victim that's getting flipped.

It truly is a sight to behold watching the victim's health just drain away......and nothing they can do. I recommend trying it. Lotta fun.

Turric4n666
03-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Thatīs one of the main reasons 2on2 is not working properly. Free GB into heavy is so damn strong.. or sometimes even ledge kills.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Or they could make the opponent flash red that would be perfect