PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft - "response demanded"

ZechsMarquizy
03-12-2017, 06:25 AM
We would like a response regarding all the issues that For Honor has and that WE the community supporting For Honor are being forced to endure.

~Constant Disconnects
~Constant Errors resulting in Constant Disconnects
~Attack indicator bugs
~Although uncommon "players using Guard Hack"
~No Stats on/off option for match making
~No compensation for false advertisement on "Execution Smoke Effect" that many of us paid for. <-- (this one is illegal btw)
~No Ranked Mode
~No Tournament Mode "Not that it matters cause there is NO BALANCE!
~Severe Balance issues everywhere "Mostly on PK, this hero is ruining your game to put simply"
~Limited Customization options
~No punishment on rage quits
~Guard Break "Feinting Glitch" in to attack
~Did i mention SEVERE BALANCE ISSUES YET?!

This game has such bad balance issues its quite literally unplayable vs highly skilled players. Our hero options are very very limited to only 3 heroes as the others simply cannot measure up, I for one am very curious to know what kind of interior testing was done to come to the game current conclusion to be ready for release. According to various reviews, For Honor is a failure.

1.)ALL HEROES need to have there guard switch 100% the same speed period end of story. Guard switch speeds should be considered a normal mechanic, not a special mechanic that varies from hero to hero.

2.) ALL HEROES need to have the same dodge speed, same dodge distance, same dodge stamina cost. Why some heroes have iframes on there dodge and others don't boggles my mind, why some heroes of amaizing dodge speeds and distance while others don't blows my mind.

To The Community
Please take the time to point out things that I may have missed or over looked.

"Feel free to Disagree, but please do so constructively"

ZechsMarquizy
03-12-2017, 07:09 AM
<reserved>

KALUHS
03-12-2017, 07:13 AM
Agreed, its been about a month now, how much longer must we endure. There's no way they are fixing all of this in the next patch. I love For Honor but the player base is gonna drop to the ground the longer these issues take to fix. In the betas they addressed issues pretty quickly but the wait is brutal now.

ZechsMarquizy
03-14-2017, 05:14 AM
was really hoping for a response but can't say im surprised...

chcraig220
03-14-2017, 05:41 AM
I am done with the rage quitting. I played 5 straight skirmish matches tonight where other team quit, then our tem gets the error message and get thrown out of match with no exp and no rewards. Tired of wasting time just for the whiners to quit because they suck and cost people matches. If you suck bad enough you have to quit a match then heres an idea, DONT F'ing PLAY THE GAME

M0NGO0SE.
03-14-2017, 06:16 AM
I am done with the rage quitting. I played 5 straight skirmish matches tonight where other team quit, then our tem gets the error message and get thrown out of match with no exp and no rewards. Tired of wasting time just for the whiners to quit because they suck and cost people matches. If you suck bad enough you have to quit a match then heres an idea, DONT F'ing PLAY THE GAME

I am guessing more than you think were not rage quits but involuntary disconnects

chcraig220
03-14-2017, 06:31 AM
I am guessing more than you think were not rage quits but involuntary disconnects

Normally I may agree, but when our team is winning by like 500 points in each game and it always happened just about the point where the match was almost over I dont believe it was disconnects

Tillo.
03-14-2017, 06:40 AM

Every game has quitters but only here is an issue because of the terrible netcode.

Litefora
03-14-2017, 06:49 AM
Come on guys.. you should know that it`s always the same with Ubisoft and their developer teams.
No response to the community - they don`t care about us. I buyed this game, because the idea is great
and I had the hope that they`ve learned from their issues in previous games. Great idea and the worse
realization I`ve seen until now. Most of the Indie developers are doing a better job!

chcraig220
03-14-2017, 06:51 AM

Every game has quitters but only here is an issue because of the terrible netcode.

I agree. In most games it can be a little annoying but not a huge issue. But when the rage quitting causes the whole match to screw up so that you cant finish the match then it is an issue and needs to be addresses. I love the game, but why play if you cant level because of the crashes and rage quitters crashing matches

MrM0ule
03-14-2017, 07:14 AM
Ubisoft

do

something !

tonycawley69
03-14-2017, 07:31 AM
The only things on your list that matter are the same thing really, the constant disconnects and the quits, they both relate heavily to the poor netcode. All of the rest is opinion.

And yet, you missed the most important thing off the list, the piss poor matchmaking.

wgregory23
03-14-2017, 07:42 AM
Really need dedicated servers...this P2P crap is BS. I guess I should've researched this game a bit more before I bought it, so shame on me. I will never buy another online game with P2P connections.

Valtaya
03-14-2017, 08:01 AM
The only things on your list that matter are the same thing really, the constant disconnects and the quits, they both relate heavily to the poor netcode. All of the rest is opinion.

And yet, you missed the most important thing off the list, the piss poor matchmaking.

can not be fixed with so few players there
8.000 on steam
maybe 12.000 overall
split between 10 modes
that is 80-120 players per mode
lets assume there are roughly 10% online but not playing
what do you think the matchmaker can do here?
Even the 200.000 at peak during the first week weren't enough... can not remember one match where region and skill level werent loosened to max.

tonycawley69
03-14-2017, 01:35 PM
can not be fixed with so few players there
8.000 on steam
maybe 12.000 overall
split between 10 modes
that is 80-120 players per mode
lets assume there are roughly 10% online but not playing
what do you think the matchmaker can do here?
Even the 200.000 at peak during the first week weren't enough... can not remember one match where region and skill level werent loosened to max.

My issue with matchmaking though is that it puts 4 x 108 on one team and 4 x low gear score on the other. That can be fixed.

Valtaya
03-14-2017, 03:04 PM
My issue with matchmaking though is that it puts 4 x 108 on one team and 4 x low gear score on the other. That can be fixed.

It can not. They could fix that only by making us pick a class (and thus the gear) BEFORE matchmaking kicks in... delaying it even further... what do you think how many people have the same/equal gear score as your class, when there are just 80-120 playing.

We have, I gues, some sort of gear matchmaking... it is called skill... defined by various stats and overall rep level... lets assume you have overall rep 10, spread across 3 classes... then can all be gear 108. So... when the mm looks for players Skill: strict, it tries to find players of your rep level and thus possible class and gear scores. But, even with the 200k 3 weeks ago skill was loosened to "all skill levels" in like any match.

I think the game would need at least 500k concurrent players to make this work.

Oupyz
03-14-2017, 03:27 PM
for god sake no ranked mode

the balance is way way broken ,

4-5 heroes at best they are playable at high level rest is crap

damage going through block bug

indicators bug

feinting guardbreak bug

and many many more issues

before ranked they need to fix the game

after they can tthink of ranked

RatedChaotic
03-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Really need dedicated servers...this P2P crap is BS. I guess I should've researched this game a bit more before I bought it, so shame on me. I will never buy another online game with P2P connections.

Dont get Mass Effect. Its multiplayer is also P2P. I wish they would add dedicated servers and add 64 player matches. I'd like to see if its possible. UBI couldnt handle it tho.

dravenquinn
03-14-2017, 03:38 PM
We would like a response regarding all the issues that For Honor has and that WE the community supporting For Honor are being forced to endure.

~Constant Disconnects
~Constant Errors resulting in Constant Disconnects
~Attack indicator bugs
~Although uncommon "players using Guard Hack"
~No Stats on/off option for match making
~No compensation for false advertisement on "Execution Smoke Effect" that many of us paid for. <-- (this one is illegal btw)
~No Ranked Mode
~No Tournament Mode "Not that it matters cause there is NO BALANCE!
~Severe Balance issues everywhere "Mostly on PK, this hero is ruining your game to put simply"
~Limited Customization options
~No punishment on rage quits
~Guard Break "Feinting Glitch" in to attack
~Did i mention SEVERE BALANCE ISSUES YET?!

This game has such bad balance issues its quite literally unplayable vs highly skilled players. Our hero options are very very limited to only 3 heroes as the others simply cannot measure up, I for one am very curious to know what kind of interior testing was done to come to the game current conclusion to be ready for release. According to various reviews, For Honor is a failure.

1.)ALL HEROES need to have there guard switch 100% the same speed period end of story. Guard switch speeds should be considered a normal mechanic, not a special mechanic that varies from hero to hero.

2.) ALL HEROES need to have the same dodge speed, same dodge distance, same dodge stamina cost. Why some heroes have iframes on there dodge and others don't boggles my mind, why some heroes of amaizing dodge speeds and distance while others don't blows my mind.

To The Community
Please take the time to point out things that I may have missed or over looked.

"Feel free to Disagree, but please do so constructively"

You have said it all my friend. Unfortunately i dont think Ubisoft give a **** about the community otherwise they would have addressed these issues a lot sooner and definitely before they waste time designing new ornaments and effects

naisuguydesu
03-14-2017, 04:37 PM
I agree with the guard speed that should be the same for every characters.

But I do think that it is normal that some char have better dodges than others because they rely more on them in their gameplay (I don't need a Warden dashing everywhere like a Peacekeeper, or don't want an Orochi being as stiff as a Warden, I just don't think it would be fair).

And finally the problem with gear stats and ****ty matchmaking is a real problem to. How am I suppose to pick up a new char and have fun if I need to play duels for a week to be able to play dominion and elimination without encountering people that have revenge in 1v1 and hit me at 200% ?? :confused:

havoc_855
03-14-2017, 04:53 PM
Bump. Maybe they need a few more days to understand what is going on here...

Operch
03-14-2017, 04:58 PM
While I agree with most things here I disagree about normalizing dodge distances and speeds. You can't do that for a couple of reasons most importantly some characters have longer reach like the conqueror and raider. Now imagine they dodged as fast and far as the peacekeeper. Ok so then you have to normalize everyone's range to make it even right? You see the problem here I hope.

I do agree with guard change speed being normalized, but dodge should be left as is in my opinion.