PDA

View Full Version : Tired of revenge, REALLY tired of revenge

nyankonono73
03-12-2017, 03:27 AM
Ok, I am posting with another account on this forum cause apparently as I changed my user name, I am like banned with my real account.

So as the title states, I am tired of revenge. And even though I love the combat system and the art, as long as this mechanic is in place the way it is now, I will quit playing regularly. Cause I am nearly insulting people on the chat because of it now. I can't stand it.

It's one of the most stupid concepts I have ever seen in a fighting game. It rewards poor and unskilled gameplay, dumb spamming and bold blind fights. It's ugly, it stinks and it's cheap as hell.

We've been saying this again and again but nothing is done about it. Seriously, I don't care about new heroes or new maps. Fix your game Ubisoft!!!

suboptiml
03-12-2017, 05:18 AM
It's just too easy to get. Just fought a kensei that would get revenge after what seemed about 3-4 hits. It was really fast.

nyankonono73
03-12-2017, 07:56 AM
Just had one of those stupid moments a few minutes ago. So there is this orochi coming out from objective A in citadel map. I intercept him, not even doing any damage yet. We start to fight and I put him in like 1/3 of his health. I still have most of my health on my peacekeeper. When he sees he's losing, he uses his 3rd or 4th abilitiy, which is an AOE of arrows. I manage to dodge it. Then the combat continues on but after like 5 more seconds he gets revenge, so I can't kill him when I should have and he does the double fast top attacks and kills me right away with almost of my HEALTH DAMN IT!!! THIS HAS TO STOP!!! It's completely unfair and stupid.

Dark.Knights
03-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Sounds like your system not allowed you have revenge feature? :P

Rhagius
03-12-2017, 09:45 AM
I agree, once you encounter people with some Gear, Revenge becomes incredibly annoying and in some cases quite unfair.

e.g.: i am fighting against a 108 ilevel player, i am actually winning the fight (10 ilvl toon) but he reaches revenge in a 1v1 ( which should never be possible, really). if at this point i have taken any damage, even as a lawbringer, i am unable to attack/gb any more. if i do, he can get a guaranteed knockdown which is deadly without defensive gear/ full life.

all i can do is somehow bait the revenge activation and try to survive for the next 10 seconds or so.

i feel like, if i outplay my enemies i should not be put into such an extreme disadvantage.

likewise i feel that feats are poorly implemented in this regard: if you are losing against a certain player twice, it can become increasingly impossible to catch up to him, since his advantage keeps increasing faster through the use of feats.
e.g.: if my enemy reaches a feat like catapult/ fire flask etc, then my chances as a lawbringer are extremely slim to even get a chance of fighting.
yesterday a catapult one-shot me at the start of an elimination match and there was no way to dodge out of it, so my enemy got a free win.

i really pine for gamemodes without gear and feats/ boons activated, and some serious rebalancing of revenge gain in 1v1 (as in: you should not build any, but gain a lot from 1vx)