PDA

View Full Version : Changing Mains?

Synsif
03-12-2017, 02:40 AM
I have mained Peacekeeper since the beta and have lots of success and tons of fun with her. As an aggressive player in most games I play I absolutely love her playstyle. But lately Peacekeeper has been getting tons of hate due to her extremely fast Z/A and her seemingly unblockable lights. I'm not here to defend her or complain about her, but this hate is brung to everyone, even those who don't spam the light attacks. I, as a PK, do not use more than 2 light attacks at a time and only occasionally use a zone of I feel it's my only way into any form of damage (i.e against the more defensive heroes). But because there are people who do abuse the light attacks and the zones, it seems every PK gets hate. This is exactly why I am debating switching mains to someone such as Kensei, Orochi, or Lawbringer. I believe I play PK fairly, using more mixup and faints rather than spam but the hate truly is getting to me. I'd love to hear what you guys think I should do. Should I switch or just ignore all the hate?

TL;DR I main PK and she gets hate. I believe I play her fairly but am debating switching mains due to the hate. Thoughts?

secrecy274
03-12-2017, 02:45 AM
I hate you, you peacekeeping PoS!!! /joke

Seriously, if you like the hero, stick with it, don't let people discourage you. However, having experience with multiple heroes is never a bad thing, Do what you want, not what you're told.

OGL Spade
03-12-2017, 02:45 AM
Just play the character you want to play, just ignore all the hate. People only hate because your better then them, I main Conq and get a ton of hate mail for playing like a "GB spaming nub" I just ignore it and kill them slowly.

RAGEQUIT U JOKE
03-12-2017, 03:15 AM
I have mained Peacekeeper since the beta and have lots of success and tons of fun with her. As an aggressive player in most games I play I absolutely love her playstyle. But lately Peacekeeper has been getting tons of hate due to her extremely fast Z/A and her seemingly unblockable lights. I'm not here to defend her or complain about her, but this hate is brung to everyone, even those who don't spam the light attacks. I, as a PK, do not use more than 2 light attacks at a time and only occasionally use a zone of I feel it's my only way into any form of damage (i.e against the more defensive heroes). But because there are people who do abuse the light attacks and the zones, it seems every PK gets hate. This is exactly why I am debating switching mains to someone such as Kensei, Orochi, or Lawbringer. I believe I play PK fairly, using more mixup and faints rather than spam but the hate truly is getting to me. I'd love to hear what you guys think I should do. Should I switch or just ignore all the hate?

TL;DR I main PK and she gets hate. I believe I play her fairly but am debating switching mains due to the hate. Thoughts?

seriously
honestly
i dislike every single peacekeeper i come across
i would change if i was you
not saying you play wrong
not saying theres a wrong way to play
but no one has fun fighting peacekeepers it just seems unfair and cheap to most people

OGL Spade
03-12-2017, 03:21 AM
seriously
honestly
i dislike every single peacekeeper i come across
i would change if i was you
not saying you play wrong
not saying theres a wrong way to play
but no one has fun fighting peacekeepers it just seems unfair and cheap to most people

I have fun fighting PK's, I don't find it cheap or unfair, VS PK don't be agressive, you won't win. you have to be defensive and parry them.

Valfrekr
03-12-2017, 03:35 AM

I actually main a Nobushi, and I hate going up against assassin classes. That being said, I love the PK, Berserkr, and Orochi. Each class in this game is unique, and I wouldn't change how they play at all. Keep at it! Master your class. People complain about spamming attack types, but the combo list for each class is pretty limited. The Nobushi has a heavy attack combo, that is pretty useless in many aspects, but could be pulled off in the right circumstances. The same can be said about any class. However, for those who "spam" the same attack combos will eventually get owned by a more seasoned player. I for one am trying different builds and mixing up my attacks to give my hero some variety. I still need to master the hidden stance (which is challenging on a PS4 controller), but I plan to keep at it.
If you feel the need to try out other classes, by all means do so, but don't let salty people effect your decision.

Harry_S._Houle
03-12-2017, 04:22 AM
Dude just play your peacekeeper and forget about the whiners. We all know that the game has balance issues and we all know that different characters have ugly combos.
But the salt shaker is too big in this game and all the whiners cant get enough salt. So just have fun with your favourite char and ignore the whiners ;)

kidico
03-12-2017, 06:14 AM
warlords and conquerors are the main problem.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-12-2017, 11:17 AM

No you should stick with Peace Keeper and let them keep crying.

Gray360UK
03-12-2017, 01:01 PM
Either you've been really unlucky or I've been really lucky, I haven't had this PK hate.
I've had general hate after kicking someone out of a window and so on, but nothing specific to playing as a PK.
Is this in the 'honourable' duelling community in particular?

I am aware there is a bit of PK hate out there, but have seen nothing that would make me stop playing a class I enjoy.
Well, nothing would make me change class, I would play PK more, not less, but that's just me :D

Don't let idiots on the interweb spoil your fun, it's your game, you paid for it, you enjoy the class, you stick with it.
Bad losers, people with bruised egos and haters should never be allowed to change what you do, in a game or in life.
They can suck it up.

On a positive note, I've had some really good fights with some really decent people who have no problem fighting with / against a PK at all.

Gray360UK
03-12-2017, 01:02 PM
I actually main a Nobushi, and I hate going up against assassin classes.

See I mostly play as PK and I hate going up against Nobushi :D