PDA

View Full Version : Lock up My High Gear

pure_energist
03-11-2017, 11:17 PM
In interest in seeing this game achieve the longevity I had hoped for as well as more incentive to actually play through all the reputation level's I request a Patch to Lock up my Heroic Gear until I've achieved reputation level 20-30. Matchmaking will return to fair playing fields and seeing a rare 108 will actually be seen as something to be respected and envious of. So Please Ubisoft, patch your game so we may actually enjoy unlocking our gear at respectable levels. I'm not requesting I lose my gear, since steel was often used to aquire it, only that it is locked away until I achieve the reputation necessary to use it. I know this is probably very unlikely to occur since our society is addicted to instant gratification but if you feel the same please poll accordingly.

Infidel.Castro
03-11-2017, 11:45 PM
But we all know yellow legendary gear will be introduced into the game at some point. Why not just fix the match making. You pick a character then select a game mode to queue for, and the MM hopefully gets changed to do a better job ;)

The_Mensan
03-11-2017, 11:55 PM
The low threshold is that to ensure gears becomes a "given" in a match. A vast majority of players will have 108 gear score in a month. That's the point. There's a short 2 week journey for your Hero, but once you made it, you are now competing fairly.

108 gear score is about 10-15% boost for your stats, I am good enough that I don't mind noobs have a 15% advantage on me. Are you?

pure_energist
03-11-2017, 11:58 PM
But we all know yellow legendary gear will be introduced into the game at some point. Why not just fix the match making. You pick a character then select a game mode to queue for, and the MM hopefully gets changed to do a better job ;)

Because we are then reducing the pool of players to match make against. If the rare and heroic gear was conservatively given out through the entire reputation levels then matchmaking can use the entire player base. With only seeing a rare player in a match with high lvl gear the matches will be more balanced. Should reputation 10 vs reputation 1 be ok?? I think so. Noob players can still get as much training as their hearts desire against AI and training Bots in learning the games mechanics. Player Vs Player with the entire player base would create better connected matches so the problem then lies with not making every new character face off against a team of Maxed out Gear. We wouldn't even need a separate mode for no Gear like others request. I think gear that is worked hard for should be enjoyed and played with without having to worry another game mode is taking all the player base because everyone's frustrated with the imbalance.

Ichnich89
03-12-2017, 12:01 AM
The thing is not the 10-15% boost to your attack or defense, rather that the revenge builds are ridiculously overpowered. I mean it's not fair that you gain a full revenge bar after getting hit once and blocking two attacks (not separated) . That's the biggest issue with purple gear, or gear in general.

pure_energist
03-12-2017, 12:02 AM
The low threshold is that to ensure gears becomes a "given" in a match. A vast majority of players will have 108 gear score in a month. That's the point. There's a short 2 week journey for your Hero, but once you made it, you are now competing fairly.

108 gear score is about 10-15% boost for your stats, I am good enough that I don't mind noobs have a 15% advantage on me. Are you?

Its the revenge gear that makes it not as fun. Having so many teams with maxed revenge gear is just frustrating. Yes I know how to not get instatnly killed when they have revenge but having to pause every 15 seconds while their revenge wears off is not fun; therefore I don't want matches were everyone is on even playing ground of hi hit revenge block block revenge etc etc. If Playing Fairly means everyone is constantly in revenge mode how is that Fun??!

KnifeInUrNeck
03-12-2017, 12:04 AM
Yeah giving out max gear at level 3 of 30 was ******ed. Someone should be kicked in the balls.

teksuo1
03-12-2017, 12:11 AM
don't lock what we got now, add moar instead :cool:

Vagor_D
03-12-2017, 12:17 AM
Why don't the people that want a game that takes months (at minimum) for the average player to get 'good gear' go play an MMO that takes you months to catch up with the people whom started playing before you. I like the fact that new players can have gear within a couple of weeks, it gives me more people to play with/against over time.

UbiJurassic
03-12-2017, 12:30 AM
That's an interesting suggestion, pure_energist! I'll make a note of it for the team. :)