PDA

View Full Version : Server issues/class action lawsuit

slbcrew
03-11-2017, 11:09 PM
After weeks of getting kicked out of matches constantly, losing the exp, steel and drops from those matches and matches where at the very end you get an error msg. And lose everything and after several days in a row of such severe server issues to the point of literally not getting a match completion because of it, I think it's time ubisoft fix it or face a class action lawsuit. Gamers have wasted time and a ton of money on a game that's unplayable for the most part. So I'm going to begin documenting the issues with video, screen shots, gamer testimony and some research into the issues and consult a lawyer with the info and evidence to see if we can win the suit. If you've been having similar issues please comment and explain and when the suit is underway possibly add your voice to it to help stop the responsible parties from constantly and continuously taking advantage of the gamer/consumer

Winsome111
03-11-2017, 11:13 PM
After weeks of getting kicked out of matches constantly, losing the exp, steel and drops from those matches and matches where at the very end you get an error msg. And lose everything and after several days in a row of such severe server issues to the point of literally not getting a match completion because of it, I think it's time ubisoft fix it or face a class action lawsuit. Gamers have wasted time and a ton of money on a game that's unplayable for the most part. So I'm going to begin documenting the issues with video, screen shots, gamer testimony and some research into the issues and consult a lawyer with the info and evidence to see if we can win the suit. If you've been having similar issues please comment and explain and when the suit is underway possibly add your voice to it to help stop the responsible parties from constantly and continuously taking advantage of the gamer/consumer

Lol by the time you get anything from this the issue will be fixed. Good luck spending 4-5 years of your life for nothing.

Tillo.
03-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Here you have 20 pages, 150 replies, 15k views of this scam: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1578153-Connectivity

@Winsome111 not even the lawer spends that much time.

WickedGenesis
03-11-2017, 11:15 PM

Perhaps you should try contacting support to correctly identify the issues you are having.

Many of us are not experiencing these issues and if you do not give ubisoft the opportunity to help address your issues, you cannot realistically expect a resolution.

The_Mensan
03-11-2017, 11:20 PM
ROFL...

I must start by saying I am not lawyer so do not take my advise here as legal advice.

But please find out what a class action suit is and the threshold you need to reach to each file one. Good luck finding a lawyer who will take on such a case. As you going to pay him out of pocket or only in case of settlement / winning the suit?

What "loss" can you possible claim? The most you can get is the price of the video game. You will have to try real freaking hard to prove any other losses, especially given that a major of players are able to play at least 80-90% of their games.

Good luck. Stop throwing around "suits" like you know what you are talking about, lol...

Tillo.
03-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Perhaps you should try contacting support to correctly identify the issues you are having.

Many of us are not experiencing these issues and if you do not give ubisoft the opportunity to help address your issues, you cannot realistically expect a resolution.

Why do you lie? Are you saying that you don't experience long matchmaking queues? Matchmaking errors sending you back to menu? Game pausing everytime someone leaves the match? Game crashing when the host leaves without getting xp, steel nor statistics?
Trolls avoid posting in this thread please.

massive02
03-11-2017, 11:54 PM
Lol good luck with this; The fact is, while there are server problems you're still able to play the majority of the time.

There have been numerous games released over the years with threats of class action lawsuits but nothing has ever come of it. The most recent high profile one was no man's land, and that game was more misleading than this one.

So I'm going to call you out on your bluff. Go hire a lawyer right now show us some proof of you taking action.

Egotistic_Ez
03-12-2017, 12:40 AM
Why do you lie? Are you saying that you don't experience long matchmaking queues? Matchmaking errors sending you back to menu? Game pausing everytime someone leaves the match? Game crashing when the host leaves without getting xp, steel nor statistics?
Trolls avoid posting in this thread please.

He's not lying per se. People just have a tendency to assume their experiences are the norm. It's just innocent ignorance.

cragar212
03-12-2017, 12:53 AM
Rofl. 14 year olds be sueing

ZoB.Raymond
03-12-2017, 02:25 AM
He's not lying per se. People just have a tendency to assume their experiences are the norm. It's just innocent ignorance.

There are many people experience troubles but just think this is normal. And so they come here, and troll or bash people complaining. For them you have no right to complain or I don't know what's going on in their head.

I will just say two things : Class action lawsuit could happen in we all move our asses. But with people I talked about, it surely won't be for tomorrow, they are a nice defense for developpers like Ubisoft.
Second thing is a reminder of how a market works. Offer and demand.

I personally consider Ubisoft offer a scam. Bought Rainbow Six, the divion and For honor. These three games were barely playable at launch, The Division still has severe issues of bug abusing, cheating, and connectivity. Rainbow six is also suffering from gamebreaking issues like their stupid lag compensator, matchmaking abnormaly long etc. For honor is what we know, a nice P2P broken combat simulator.

Hence, I won't buy anything more from them. Keep your crap Ubisoft. A few other people will do so. But there should be way more people deserting. This is just unacceptable, when I buy a car, I expect a car, not a three wheeled bathtub.

Demands drop, offer disappear.

secrecy274
03-12-2017, 02:32 AM

That works both ways, I myself have very little connectivity problems, and I've seen plenty of posts claiming the same, just as I've seen plenty of posts claiming the game is literally unplayable. This is not as clear-cut as plenty want to make it.

GeneralB4tman
03-12-2017, 08:59 AM
This is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Do you HONESTLY have nothing better to do with your time? If it bothers you THAT much, play a different game. Nobody forced you to buy the game. You knew going in that it was a P2P server. Your Internet has something to do with it just so you know. Because I've played for about 6 hours today and have under 10 disconnects. You'll be laughed out the building you try to bring this up to any lawyer. It's time to grow up.

Einherjar25
03-12-2017, 09:12 AM
This is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Do you HONESTLY have nothing better to do with your time? If it bothers you THAT much, play a different game. Nobody forced you to buy the game. You knew going in that it was a P2P server. Your Internet has something to do with it just so you know. Because I've played for about 6 hours today and have under 10 disconnects. You'll be laughed out the building you try to bring this up to any lawyer. It's time to grow up.

6 x 60 = 360 minutes divided by 10 = 36. That's ****ing awesome you disconnect from a game without XP nor reward every 36 minutes and even less considering queue time and load time. You are sure selling it well!!!!!

GeneralB4tman
03-12-2017, 05:25 PM
6 x 60 = 360 minutes divided by 10 = 36. That's ****ing awesome you disconnect from a game without XP nor reward every 36 minutes and even less considering queue time and load time. You are sure selling it well!!!!!

The point is the game is absolutely playable. Your intentions are childish, and you need something better to do with your time than complain this much. Like I said, it's time to grow up.

The_Mensan
03-12-2017, 05:43 PM
There are many people experience troubles but just think this is normal. And so they come here, and troll or bash people complaining. For them you have no right to complain or I don't know what's going on in their head.

I will just say two things : Class action lawsuit could happen in we all move our asses. But with people I talked about, it surely won't be for tomorrow, they are a nice defense for developpers like Ubisoft.
Second thing is a reminder of how a market works. Offer and demand.

I personally consider Ubisoft offer a scam. Bought Rainbow Six, the divion and For honor. These three games were barely playable at launch, The Division still has severe issues of bug abusing, cheating, and connectivity. Rainbow six is also suffering from gamebreaking issues like their stupid lag compensator, matchmaking abnormaly long etc. For honor is what we know, a nice P2P broken combat simulator.

Hence, I won't buy anything more from them. Keep your crap Ubisoft. A few other people will do so. But there should be way more people deserting. This is just unacceptable, when I buy a car, I expect a car, not a three wheeled bathtub.

Demands drop, offer disappear.

There's a big difference between personal dissatisfaction and... a lawsuit. There are threshold you got to meet to even BRING a suit to court. If the lawyer is a ******* and bring a baseless suit to case, HE CAN BE SUED for frivolous lawsuits (and so can the plaintiffs). OBVIOUSLY, if no one in the game was able to play, then it's a clear case of fraud and YES you can probably sue someone. But if X amount of players can't play properly but most people could, what "fault" can you attribute to the developers? No game is promised to work for everyone at all times. Also, aside from punitive damages, you CANNOT just sue nillywilly for any amount. WHAT IS YOUR ACTUAL LOSS? You weren't damaged by an exploding disc, you are limited by the cost of the game. You going to go to court for like a month over... $100? What kind of ******ed job do you have that you rather spend this much time in court for $100 bucks?

I suggest you talk to a lawyer first. Oh by the way, most lawyer charge about $100 for a first consultation. Yeah good luck... ROFL.

Who are these children thinking about suing people when they have zero experience dealing with lawyers?

Memnonx
03-12-2017, 05:50 PM
I don't know about suing. But you gotta ask, how did Ubisoft F*** THIS UP! here you have probably one of the coolest fighting systems in video game history. Dropped into a DUMPSTER FIRE of a game. I mean, HOT GARBAGE. Yesterday it was "Cannot sync saved games with cloud". Today, I can't connect to a single multi-player game because "matchmaking has failed". So then I attempt to play vs AI, but I can't complete any orders because "An error has occurred". I've restarted the game, my computer, my internet, and anything else I can think of on my end. But it appears its not just my problem. There are some developers/publishers that you can trust, but Ubisoft is NOT one of them.

Thanapetus
03-12-2017, 06:36 PM

You need an education in Federal Rules of Civil Procedure or FCRP

You need to look up Rule 11: By presenting to the court a pleading, written motion, or other paper—whether by signing, filing, submitting, or later advocating it—an attorney or unrepresented party certifies that to the best of the person's knowledge, information, and belief, formed after an inquiry reasonable under the circumstances:

(1) it is not being presented for any improper purpose, such as to harass, cause unnecessary delay, or needlessly increase the cost of litigation;

(2) the claims, defenses, and other legal contentions are warranted by existing law or by a nonfrivolous argument for extending, modifying, or reversing existing law or for establishing new law;

(3) the factual contentions have evidentiary support or, if specifically so identified, will likely have evidentiary support after a reasonable opportunity for further investigation or discovery; and

(4) the denials of factual contentions are warranted on the evidence or, if specifically so identified, are reasonably based on belief or a lack of information.

Lets say you somehow defeat the Forum Selection Clause (where UBISOFT will make you go to California to file suit) The FIRST damn thing they will do is file their answer and it WILL BE a FRCP 12(b) 6. (Bolded for effect)

Every defense to a claim for relief in any pleading must be asserted in the responsive pleading if one is required. But a party may assert the following defenses by motion:

(1) lack of subject-matter jurisdiction;

(2) lack of personal jurisdiction;

(3) improper venue;

(4) insufficient process;

(5) insufficient service of process;

(6) failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted; and

(7) failure to join a party under Rule 19

IN other words, your attorney will have to sign that under Rule 11 that you (here the class) suffered some damage and that a portion of the customers share the same idea. This could mean as few as 3 or as many as 20k, Who knows. NO SUCCESSFUL CLASS ACTION HAS EVER SURVIVED INITIAL MOTION TO DISMISS AGAINST A GAMING COMPANY. None. There have been only 3 settlements, Two against Blizzard and 1 against ARENAsoft and the details of the case and/or reasoning is not known to court.

Finally, you think you have the issue of false advertisment. Unless you prove damages (and your time unless you are making money off of it) on what legally is defined as a hobby WILL NOT and I repeat WILL NOT survive the test for Class action under FCRP 23
Rule 23(a) sets forth four threshold requirements for class certification, each of which must be met: (1) the class is so numerous that joinder of class members is impracticable (numerosity); (2) there are questions of law or fact common to the class (commonality); (3) the claims or defenses of the class representatives are typical of those of the class (typicality); and (4) the class representatives will fairly and adequately protect the interests of the class (adequacy).

What will you seek? Money? an Injunction compelling UBISOFT to listen to demands? This will take 3-5 years JUST to go to trial. If you are seriously this dissatisfied with the game I suggest you (or anyone) seeks a refund under their Refund Policy found

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000025223/How-do-I-request-a-refund-SHOP

If they do not agree then you can try your hail mary here Under Chapter 16 of UBISOFTs Terms of Use agreement, specifically 16.2 and 16.3

https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/en-US

And file your dispute with them under chapter 20 of the same terms of use agreement.

I can tell you that I personally filed a dispute with Blizzard over the toxic environment in Competitive Overwatch through an mediator. I received a refund for all of my purchases for PC Diablo 3, PS4 Diablo 3 and expacs, PS4 Overwatch , PC World of Warcraft and all the expansions from 2004 to Cataclysm. However, I am forever banned from ever buying or playing another Blizzard product. That was my trade off not to sign an NDA.

Why did I seek justice? I was swatted 3 times and I would have proven in court that Blizzard failed to adequately protect their network from intrusion,. Instead of a costly and embarrassing public trial they just paid up.

Einherjar25
03-12-2017, 10:55 PM
The point is the game is absolutely playable. Your intentions are childish, and you need something better to do with your time than complain this much. Like I said, it's time to grow up.

The game is unplayable for me since last patch and now what? I need to wait for them to release yet another patch to fix the HUGE FPS drop THEY introduce? You may find me childish, that's your opinion, but at least I'm not dumb. The fact that you post these numbers like they are good and it's normal... Trust me, I'd rather be childish then completly illogical. Childish can be fix, IQ is for life.

GeneralB4tman
03-15-2017, 12:56 AM
The game is unplayable for me since last patch and now what? I need to wait for them to release yet another patch to fix the HUGE FPS drop THEY introduce? You may find me childish, that's your opinion, but at least I'm not dumb. The fact that you post these numbers like they are good and it's normal... Trust me, I'd rather be childish then completly illogical. Childish can be fix, IQ is for life.

That's a problem on your end most likely. Neither myself or any of my friends have experienced the problems you are having.

Godsplitter1991
03-15-2017, 02:11 AM
I'm having the issues as well but, there's no way a lawsuit is gonna work because:

"Game experience may change during online play"