PDA

View Full Version : Please do not nerf gear like some want.

Porch-Skunk
03-11-2017, 10:43 PM
The ability to customize the strength and weakness of your character is really what makes this game great and taking that away like some people want would really make it dull to play. Sure you get a game where your gear score is 0 and theirs is 108, but that does not make them a god, I kill 108's all the time with no gear, just a little harder. Skill still plays the majority roll in this game especially in dominion. Also wtf is going on with the disconnects....like wtf....get your **** together on that before it turns into Evolved : Ghost town edition.

KnifeInUrNeck
03-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Put down the pipe. If they balance gear then people would have to rely on skill again. Not to mention the player base is plummeting but yeah, don't fix anything....jesus

Porch-Skunk
03-11-2017, 10:55 PM
But if they took out gear score their would be nothing to work towards really. You have to sacrifice one stat for another, if I want awesome attack and decent defense on my sword, I have **** stamina and then have to watch my stamina....what they should do is raise the bar of base stats a little so that having no gear makes you really balanced instead of a lesser power on the battle field. Base stats are too low is the real problem. As things are right now, with no gear, all the classes are really just the same but with some different perks. I mean I play all the classes and besides slightly different play style, their is no real difference in characters.

The gear score is what changes things to make it interesting I feel. Like I said, being a GS 0 against a 108, ill still **** that 108 up if I am better than him.

Valfrekr
03-11-2017, 11:40 PM
Put down the pipe. If they balance gear then people would have to rely on skill again. Not to mention the player base is plummeting but yeah, don't fix anything....jesus

The player base will always plummet, it's the nature of games that are over-hyped. What tends to happen in competitive games like these is that players will min max their gear, and stay at the top of the tier, I play, not to be the best at this game, but to have fun, a good match against players, and maxing out the gear of each hero I'm interested in. I play in the Samurai faction, but I can't stand the Kensei, or Sobuki heroes. I main a Nobushi, and i'm learning how to play the Orochi. Once I get these two at max rep, I'm planning on working on the Conqueror, Peacekeeper, and Valkyrie.

That being said, I agree with the OP. I have a revenge build for my Nobushi, since it seems I get ganged up on in a 4v4 match. I don't always win the 1v4 attack, but it gives me a chance to survive. Nerfing the build will give the gankers free reign to curb stomp in a 1v4 situation. However, if they do nerf it, I'll just deal with it. Like you said, it's all about skill, the gear build is just a bonus. If you master your class, the gear nerfs won't matter much. The best thing I can advise is learn the complexities of your class, and don't lean on the gear. Do a lot of duels against bots at first, then move to 1v1 pvp matches. Hell if you have a friend you can train with in custom matches to get a better feel for your character, that can work in your favor.

If you're on the PS4, add me (PSN Valfrekr), and I'll be more than welcome to train with you. I'm always looking to get better with my Nobushi, and learning how to mix things up with her.

I hope they don't nerf the gear, but from the sounds of it, they just may.

Valfrekr
03-11-2017, 11:44 PM
Also, it would be interesting if they added some RPG elements in the game, where you could increase agility, strength, endurance, and constitution. It would give players a more unique build, and gear wouldn't matter as much.

DrExtrem
03-11-2017, 11:47 PM
Stacking + revenge ist not skill. It is overpowered. Simple.

Gear does not need a Nerf - it needs rebalancing.

Felis_Menari
03-11-2017, 11:50 PM
More basic stats like attack, defense, Debuff resistance (minus the GB bug, naturally) seem fibe; it's the revenge stats that are overly powerful. Duration may be fine, but revenge gains can get crazy with just one extra opponent attacking you. In 4v4, I think 1v1 revenge gains could use a slight nerf, while 2v1 could use a significant reduction. 3v1 and 4v1 though, I'm unsure about. Without those rapid revenge gains such odds may be impossible to overcome.

Revenge attack may also be overturned . I had at least 4 bars shaved off by a Nobushi's zone attack while revenging, despite having high defense (I wasn't at full health, so it may have been able to do even more damage); I dropped like a sack o' taters. With how revenge currently works in 4v4, it's actually *beneficial* to be in a 2v1. All you have to do is defend until you get revenge, pop it at the right time to knock one down, blitz 'em, and suddenly the enemy that is left has the Incredible Hulk stampeding their way.

KnifeInUrNeck
03-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Revenge wasn't too much of a problem until everyone started building super sayan. And heroic gear boosts two stats while only penalizing one which I don't mind, really, I'm just clarifying. The thing about revenge mode is, it was always a crutch for poor team play. So much so that people came to rely on that instead of positioning or teamwork. It's geared towards the solo queuer that is just doing his own thing which is cool but it wasn't tested properly as we can all see. When you can stack atk dmg, revenge atk dmg, and revenge game that's poor game design and nowhere near balance with the current matchmaking system. Theres three main reasons the player base is leaving the game faster than what happened to Division. It's natural to lose around 20-30% of the player base on a game like this but not 75% this soon. The three items are: connection issues, gear/heroe balancing(I don't mind the heroes too much myself), and lack of content from beta to the full release. Everything but the connection issue can be fixed but will require time and testing. They should have set up a test server but oh well. Gear stats are fine but it just need to be reworked a lot.

Valfrekr
03-12-2017, 12:05 AM
More basic stats like attack, defense, Debuff resistance (minus the GB bug, naturally) seem fibe; it's the revenge stats that are overly powerful. Duration may be fine, but revenge gains can get crazy with just one extra opponent attacking you. In 4v4, I think 1v1 revenge gains could use a slight nerf, while 2v1 could use a significant reduction. 3v1 and 4v1 though, I'm unsure about. Without those rapid revenge gains such odds may be impossible to overcome.

Revenge attack may also be overturned . I had at least 4 bars shaved off by a Nobushi's zone attack while revenging, despite having high defense (I wasn't at full health, so it may have been able to do even more damage); I dropped like a sack o' taters. With how revenge currently works in 4v4, it's actually *beneficial* to be in a 2v1. All you have to do is defend until you get revenge, pop it at the right time to knock one down, blitz 'em, and suddenly the enemy that is left has the Incredible Hulk stampeding their way.

Lol, true. I wouldn't mind a balance of the stat. I find the revenge gain useful in a gang up, but it can work against you as well. If you build your hero with the revenge build, and your opponent does the same, you two are on even playing fields.

Valfrekr
03-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Revenge wasn't too much of a problem until everyone started building super sayan. And heroic gear boosts two stats while only penalizing one which I don't mind, really, I'm just clarifying. The thing about revenge mode is, it was always a crutch for poor team play. So much so that people came to rely on that instead of positioning or teamwork. It's geared towards the solo queuer that is just doing his own thing which is cool but it wasn't tested properly as we can all see. When you can stack atk dmg, revenge atk dmg, and revenge game that's poor game design and nowhere near balance with the current matchmaking system. Theres three main reasons the player base is leaving the game faster than what happened to Division. It's natural to lose around 20-30% of the player base on a game like this but not 75% this soon. The three items are: connection issues, gear/heroe balancing(I don't mind the heroes too much myself), and lack of content from beta to the full release. Everything but the connection issue can be fixed but will require time and testing. They should have set up a test server but oh well. Gear stats are fine but it just need to be reworked a lot.

True. I maxed out several different types of gear, and I need to test them in play, but my hunch is that they probably aren't as good as the revenge build, thus the reason why so many people gravitate towards it. I'll get back to you on this though.

PKUSUB
03-12-2017, 12:24 AM
The ability to customize the strength and weakness of your character is really what makes this game great and taking that away like some people want would really make it dull to play. Sure you get a game where your gear score is 0 and theirs is 108, but that does not make them a god, I kill 108's all the time with no gear, just a little harder. Skill still plays the majority roll in this game especially in dominion. Also wtf is going on with the disconnects....like wtf....get your **** together on that before it turns into Evolved : Ghost town edition.

i dont think they are planning on nerfing the stats on gears, but rather the revenge mode itself. theres not much details on it as of right now, but what the developers said a couples week ago, they are looking into it.

Egotistic_Ez
03-12-2017, 12:28 AM
The problem isn't the idea of stats, it's the implementation.

Firstly, not all stats are equal, so placing points in the weaker stats is effectively gimping your character. Not only that, but some stats actively benefit from being lowered for some or all characters, making the downsides a pro. This removes any real customisation as there is only one or two builds that dominate.

Secondly, revenge works by multiplying base stats. To have gear that buffs the multipliers of stats that you can already buff with said gear was always a stupid idea and was never going to be balanced.

And you can kill bad 108s, especially with the afk farming fiasco, but anyone remotely decent will wipe the floor with you.

cragar212
03-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Well they are tweaking revenge gear abit they said but that's it.

The devs aren't stupid and realise the people complaining about gear are generally going to be poor players making excuses for their lack of ability. If they removed gear these players would just blame something else. Seen it in many games.

The_Mensan
03-12-2017, 01:14 AM

Plenty of people play it solely for the gears... My GF collects the gears and shows them to me every night when I get home... People spent real money on it and the game needs it.

Taking that away will lose a lot more player base and WORST OF ALL. It's a big taboo. Do you know any microtransactions model game that reversed a player purchased advantage? lol... That's brand suicide. This is a business and money talks. One player dumping $500 into a game is worth 5 players complaining and leaving.

Turric4n666
03-12-2017, 02:32 AM
Plenty of people play it solely for the gears... My GF collects the gears and shows them to me every night when I get home... People spent real money on it and the game needs it.

Taking that away will lose a lot more player base and WORST OF ALL. It's a big taboo. Do you know any microtransactions model game that reversed a player purchased advantage? lol... That's brand suicide. This is a business and money talks. One player dumping $500 into a game is worth 5 players complaining and leaving.

if you have purchaseable advantages (which for honor has not) your game isnīt even worth playing.

Egotistic_Ez
03-12-2017, 03:01 AM
Well they are tweaking revenge gear abit they said but that's it.

The devs aren't stupid and realise the people complaining about gear are generally going to be poor players making excuses for their lack of ability. If they removed gear these players would just blame something else. Seen it in many games.

lmao. The people defending the current gear implementation are the ones who suck. They can only get a win by afking their way to good gear and then exploiting the unbalanced revenge gear design. It's OK though, the devs have essentially abandoned this game so you and the three other orochi that still play 4v4 can go on telling yourself you're good in lolminion, it'll never be fixed.

Felis_Menari
03-12-2017, 03:13 AM
lmao. The people defending the current gear implementation are the ones who suck. They can only get a win by afking their way to good gear and then exploiting the unbalanced revenge gear design. It's OK though, the devs have essentially abandoned this game so you and the three other orochi that still play 4v4 can go on telling yourself you're good in lolminion, it'll never be fixed.

The vitriol is strong with this one.