PDA

View Full Version : Hero Size

The_Mensan
03-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Is the Lawbringer overall the tallest / biggest? I think Shugoki is a bigger man but maybe shorter? The Raider looks pretty massive too and the Warlord is clearly shorter but I assume he's got bulk like the Conqueror.

So who's the biggest and baddest of them all? I am guessing Shugoki, given that he can shrug off a hit and keeps on trucking, he's probably similar to a real life Sumo.

I think the Conqueror and Warlord can be a big taller and more intimidating, currently they have a short tree stump look. The Raider actually looks a lot tougher than the Warlord.

secrecy274
03-11-2017, 10:58 PM
I think the Shugoki is the tallest, followed by Lawbringer and Raider.
And tbh, a Sumo would die just as easily by from a sword as a normal man, fat (nor muscles, for that matter) does only provide such an miniscule amount of protection that it's not even worth mentioning.

The_Mensan
03-11-2017, 11:15 PM
I think the Shugoki is the tallest, followed by Lawbringer and Raider.
And tbh, a Sumo would die just as easily by from a sword as a normal man, fat (nor muscles, for that matter) does only provide such an miniscule amount of protection that it's not even worth mentioning.

My uncle is a butcher... He will tell you differently. It's very difficult to cut through human flesh and bones with one strike. Most swordsman have to train for a long time to be able to cleanly cut off even an arm worth of flesh and bone (a bamboo shoot with tatami is a similar resistance level and generally used for Katana testing). It would in fact be DRASTICALLY harder to cut a fat man all the way through than to cut a normal size man.

That is just with slashing weapon, with piercing weapon, it's even worse depending what kind of tip you have. Some weapons simply won't reach far enough. Imagine a 3 inch blade piercing an 100 lb person vs a 600 lb person (in the stomach or wherever the person has the most meat). The level of damage would be drastically different. Blunt weapons are even worst. There's a famous small kickboxer vs sumo match on Youtube, google it. The Sumo took hits to his bulk and shrug that **** off. You can't even depress his bulk enough to pressure his organs and nerves! You have to use the shock to damage his muscles and internal organs. That is a lot less powerful than your fist ACTUALLY depressing someone's chest by pushing it in. You punch a sumo's gut and you are just moving fat around.

I am not saying fat is effective like armor, lol. But it's a very good layer of defense. In fact, dogs develop loose skin and fat around the neck for that EXACT purpose (fighting against other dogs / wolves).

teksuo1
03-12-2017, 12:33 AM
My uncle is a butcher... He will tell you differently. It's very difficult to cut through human flesh and bones with one strike..

you make him sound like a murderer more than a butcher