PDA

View Full Version : How does your dev team even sleep at night

RobR3kT
03-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Pretty effing comfy I assume since you already got our money. This is complete bs Ubisoft, how can the game possibly get WORSE after patching. You released a "finished" product after alpha and beta testing and it wound up being worse than the beta. Im not sure about anyone else but I did not lag of nearly as many games in the closed beta and yet here I sit playing the final release lagging out of almost every single match and getting nothing for my time but an error box, literally turned my game on at 11am est and I have finished one single match, lagged out of at least 10 (stopped counting) either immediately upon starting or 3/4 of the way through its now 12 and I give up. Im glad you value your customers purchase Ubisoft, real bang up job you guys did on this. I wouldnt be suprised if the community starts a lawsuit for false advertisement of some sort cause this is completely FU*KED.

teksuo1
03-11-2017, 06:25 PM
the game isn't perfect but in general i'm pretty damn happy with it. sleep tight, devs :rolleyes:

Einherjar25
03-11-2017, 08:28 PM
the game isn't perfect but in general i'm pretty damn happy with it. sleep tight, devs :rolleyes:

Yes sleep tight. 3/4 of average steam players have left the game. Sleep tight.

(If you don't believe me go check out steam's own chart)

ChouMein123
03-11-2017, 08:37 PM
They dont even care, I was complaining about having to dowload the game for a 3rd time and they just deleted my thread.

You are a bunch of aholes ubisoft, developers and forum admins, which are absolutely useless. Asking people to modify their port settings, ridiculous.

Einherjar25
03-11-2017, 08:48 PM
They dont even care, I was complaining about having to dowload the game for a 3rd time and they just deleted my thread.

You are a bunch of aholes ubisoft, developers and forum admins, which are absolutely useless. Asking people to modify their port settings, ridiculous.

...and you know what's sad? They probably didn't even lose money over this because they sold so many copies of the game. How does a group of people fail so badly a this and it's the OTHERS that lose money? Me and you, we are out of 60$. How can we, as a group, get a mass refund? They are the ones that seriously ****ed up (and are continuing to), THEY should lose money. Not us. Making some profit margin over a release like this should be illegal. This goes well and beyond:"I don't think their game is fun". All the connectivity issues, last patch made droped my framerate to a state of unplayability. I want my money back.

SworNaan
03-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Yes sleep tight. 3/4 of average steam players have left the game. Sleep tight.

(If you don't believe me go check out steam's own chart)

That's not surprising at all. The game is much too hardcore for the majority of players. Many will have played the story campaign, dabbled a bit in multiplayer and moved on. Add connectivity problems to that and the drop in numbers is totally expected. Also there simply is not enough content to motivate PvE players, PvP players have no ranked modes and balancing is a bit off at the moment.

Most of the time the devs (the guys doing the real work) are not responsible for this mess, it's the guys making the big decisions who are responsible for releasing an unpolished game, which still needs a lot of work before it can be called great. Still, at least I am having fun (for the most part).

Einherjar25
03-11-2017, 09:00 PM
That's not surprising at all. The game is much too hardcore for the majority of players. Many will have played the story campaign, dabbled a bit in multiplayer and moved on. Add connectivity problems to that and the drop in numbers is totally expected. Also there simply is not enough content to motivate PvE players, PvP players have no ranked modes and balancing is a bit off at the moment.

Most of the time the devs (the guys doing the real work) are not responsible for this mess, it's the guys making the big decisions who are responsible for releasing an unpolished game, which still needs a lot of work before it can be called great. Still, at least I am having fun (for the most part).

I understand a dip in players is normal but, roughly 75%, is NOT NORMAL. Even you can see that. On the other hand, I do agree that "the guy" making big decisions is probably more responsible. It's not hard for me to believe that they are really passionnate people working on this project. Probably some of them a freaking out right now.

Ex_Core
03-11-2017, 09:44 PM

Well then u are one of the lucky Players. Before the Patch the game was fun i had 0 Problems. Now after the first Patch the game is pure Garbage/Trash... I keep Dc'ing, Crashing, Freezing, and so on so yeah.. sleep tight ...

Dude are you serious? Like really? Too Hardcore?
Ive never played a fighter game, played like 2 Days and already felt pretty confident and i did pretty well in my Opinion. Tell me what exactly is "hardcore" in this game?

SworNaan
03-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Well then u are one of the lucky Players. Before the Patch the game was fun i had 0 Problems. Now after the first Patch the game is pure Garbage/Trash... I keep Dc'ing, Crashing, Freezing, and so on so yeah.. sleep tight ...

Dude are you serious? Like really? Too Hardcore?
Ive never played a fighter game, played like 2 Days and already felt pretty confident and i did pretty well in my Opinion. Tell me what exactly is "hardcore" in this game?

Yes I am serious. This game has a steep learning curve and due to the fact that matchmaking is suboptimal and bots can easily overpower inexperienced players, new players can become frustrated with online play quite easily. Additionally many mechanics present in the game are poorly / or not at all explained. Not the hallmarks of a casual/beginner-friendly title. As I mentioned before, I'm not surprised at all by the decline in player numbers (also keep in mind that fighting games are rather niche, especially on PC - see player numbers on steam for one of the most famous fighting games Street fighter V). How much of this effect is caused by the difficulty of the game I cannot say. I guess a good chunk is due to the lack of content and connectivity issues.

Brian-88
03-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Yesterday? One of the most fun fighting games I've ever played (I generally hate fighting games).

Today? Hot garbage. I get so much lag during combat that by the time an opponent's attack indicator shows up, they've already hit me. Doesn't matter what I do, reset my router, changed my graphics settings to the absolute minimum, restarted the game multiple times, nothing fixes it.

Banicks
03-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Welcome to ubisoft, where we already have your money and the patches dont count towards fixing anything.

WickedGenesis
03-11-2017, 11:22 PM
This game is amazing and I appreciate all the effort the devs continue to put into it. It may not ne perfect but give it time. Until then I will continue to enjoy the @#$@ out of this!

Ex_Core
03-12-2017, 11:34 AM
This game is amazing and I appreciate all the effort the devs continue to put into it. It may not ne perfect but give it time. Until then I will continue to enjoy the @#$@ out of this!

Damn it hurts my eyes to see such stupid comments sorry but wtf? I dont have a Problem if a game isnt Perfect and its allright if there are Bugs, but dude the game in its current state is complete Garbage and broken. I really like playing the Game but i stoped counting after 15 Crashes/Freezes and DCs yesterday and just gave up ...

And also that Part "Give it Time"just gave me Cacner, are you serious? If they release a Game it should be Working properly, not freakin work like they release just the Alpha or Beta. If you buy a freakin TV and its not working are you going to Say "Ahh its allright, give them Time they will eventually fix it. Meanwhile ill just stare at the Black Screen :D "
Bro plz .....

Ginger_Hero_UK
03-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Wasted almost three hours over the past 2 days getting constantly disconnected from matches. I've mentioned on another thread the whole hosting system is terrible.I can understand not wanting to give a player host advantage but this peer 2 peer shared hosting crap is awful. Whenever the chat log says a player has left a game its cross your fingers and pray to the gods the whole game doesn't crash and everyone gets kicked to lobby (which seems to happen more often that not!)

You can't tell me a company as big as UBIsoft can't afford to set up dedicated servers? Especially with how much money this game has made them?
Stop being so cheap and setup some dedicated servers because until you do this problem will NOT go away. (Early quit penalties may help but won't solve the problem)

Moreover some at least partial xp rewards if you are kicked from a game against your will are needed. I had to do one last dominion match to finish a contract order and got d/c'd from TEN in a row!! (Still haven't done it now!)

Until this mess is sorted out and some dedicated servers put in place I'm finished with this game, I feel like I paid good money to stare at menu screens at the moment. I won't be buying another UBIsoft game and I'll strongly advise other people not to. I just feel sorry for the people who paid extra for the limited edition copies :(

Captain-Courage
03-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Until this mess is sorted out and some dedicated servers put in place I'm finished with this game,

So you're basically finished with the game indeed.
There won't be no dedicated server ever
We can't have nice things, because they won't bother to rewrite all the netcode to provide it, even more for a not that good (or small, depends of the platform) user base which continues to decline (and ironically, for this precise reason for the most part).

We can only hope that they didn't already programmed the death of the franchise, and that an hypothetical For Honor 2 will have it, if Ubi puts its **** together i the meantime, which is not a given, at all, even more for an under pressure company (Bolloré is still stalking at the corner of the street).

But I won't blame all of the dev team. I'm sure plenty of them were fully dedicated to their work.
It's always disheartening to see the work of good artists, designers and devs trashed to the bin because of such idiotic decisions (often from the top, so the little working hands have nothing to say).
Some heads should really fall at Ubisoft, for the sake of projects' health

ThunderStomp
03-12-2017, 01:36 PM
It seems like that is the new topic for hatred, so I would to speak a few words too - took a break from For Honor for a week, now decided to play a couple of matches again, and it's awful... I got kicked with an error in 4 out of 6! And at the last or middle rounds. Well, what the hell is that?! I won't say that the game as a whole hmm... bad, no, the gameplay is great, but the technical part can be better, much better. Those who said that beta was more stable are god damn right. Because of this garbage I will have to waste my free time with something else. Already start doubting that it was wise to spent money on season pass. But don't lose hope anyway...

psychicrush
03-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Never buy the season pass pre release for an ubi game. They always cheap out on servers and you can't use beta as an indicator of load.

faceless_alien0
03-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the game. That is why i am so FED UP with your UBI connectivity bs! Can't get simple daily tasks to finish! More then 80% of games end up with ERROR box!
You will never see my money again!

corazondedelfin
03-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Damn it hurts my eyes to see such stupid comments sorry but wtf? I dont have a Problem if a game isnt Perfect and its allright if there are Bugs, but dude the game in its current state is complete Garbage and broken. I really like playing the Game but i stoped counting after 15 Crashes/Freezes and DCs yesterday and just gave up ...

And also that Part "Give it Time"just gave me Cacner, are you serious? If they release a Game it should be Working properly, not freakin work like they release just the Alpha or Beta. If you buy a freakin TV and its not working are you going to Say "Ahh its allright, give them Time they will eventually fix it. Meanwhile ill just stare at the Black Screen :D "
Bro plz .....

I thought exactly the same than you said. If I could, I would hit Wicked in the face so he wakes up before talking again.

The game is not ready to be out at all, and we already bought it, LOL. Its a scam...

Zamuros
03-12-2017, 07:04 PM
we all got scammed with this garbage broken unfinished game. if it is playable after 5 months it will be a ****ing miracle. **** u ubisoft, **** each one of u greedy braindead mother****ers. stick ur peer to peer and ur countless bugs and problems in ur fat asses. i came here after i received 10 errors for 2 hours again

Vilerin
03-12-2017, 07:08 PM
To OP:

They do not, hard for 2/3 ppl working on such big project to sleep.