PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Gear - Roll of the Dice

Telekill
03-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Last night I finally got my Orochi to Reputation 3. I continued to play and after each match I bought a 500 steel crate. I'm not generally lucky when it comes to great gear drops in any game (especially Destiny) but after four of the 500 steel crates, I ended up going from no heroic gear to all heroic gear.

I couldn't believe my luck as I've been seeing from others that even buying the 500 steel crates doesn't mean you're actually going to get what you need/want.

I went from 54 armor to 78 armor. Pretty awesome. I don't have all the heroic gear I'm wanting, visual style, but I'm happy to have received what I did.

Have you guys found that you got heroic gear pretty quickly once reaching Rep 3 or did it take you a while? I still have yet to see any heroic gear drop after a match.

Infidel.Castro
03-11-2017, 05:25 PM
Yep, you get 2 guaranteed heriocs with the 500 crates at rep 3. Though like you I didn't quite get the visual styles I wanted, but I have good gear and several build options. I spent like 14k steel on crates lol I have 10k+ salvage too now

Kharneth88
03-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Where the hell do you purchase crates? And why would you? Are they cheaper than 500 steel?

Edit: Oh, you don't mean the crates that you use to salvage, you mean the salvage crates that you spend steel on. Nvm.

cragar212
03-11-2017, 05:30 PM
I don't even use steel on crates. If you have champ status starting at rep 3 you get heroic random drops and by 6 rep almost all drops are purplezz

teksuo1
03-11-2017, 06:09 PM
i didnt notice on my main as i just went with the flow.
on my alt though, i had 12k steel saved for when he hits rep 3 and that got me the stats i was looking for but not enough to upgrade the stuff after.

feels alright, ~12k steel for insta purple gear with your choice of stats. then slowly level things up and collect looks with end-of-game rewards/dailies

Gray360UK
03-11-2017, 06:15 PM
I was unlucky with my PK, took ages to get the right stats on the right parts, my Nobushi got geared up almost immediately and I was very lucky, then my Warden was a pain, could not get the right chest piece despite trying over and over. I've always saved up enough Steel to buy 10 crates when I'm levelling up a new character, and that has worked out really well overall.