PDA

View Full Version : Drone destroys helicopter...

rikakiah
03-11-2017, 04:49 PM
I was piloting a helo and was hovering outside a base. My buddy was going to recon the base, so he deployed his drone. Suddenly, the helo exploded and we plummeted to the ground. Apparently, it launched the drone up into the rotors and destroyed them. This never happened in the beta, so I can only assume it's a bug.

LemonDog24
03-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Realistically, flying a drone into your helo blades will destroy them! It's not a bug. :p

Incidentally, my friends and I overcome this mishap by putting the helo into a hover, then a very slow/slight climb when someone wants to deploy a drone, thus avoiding drone-versus-helo-blades mishap.

rikakiah
03-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Well, yeah, if Private Mctactitard throws the drone up in the blades, bad things will happen, but these are allegedly highly trained operatives...

I'm curious on more tactical applications now--will a drone take out an enemy helo?

Also, are we not able to use binoculars on the helo? I suggested that instead of the drone and my friend said it wouldn't work. Aside from maybe making yourself sick while viewing that zoomed during flight, I don't see an issue.

Wvreen
03-12-2017, 05:44 PM
I sat on the side of a helicopter that was parked, blades not spinning, and when i used my drone, the blades got destroyed as soon as i used the drone.