PDA

View Full Version : 100% friendly fire will solve to some degree the ganking problem

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 11:18 AM
And it will make people think before they jump in and start to just button mash.

Rhamez
03-11-2017, 11:24 AM
And it will make people think before they jump in and start to just button mash.

And then while the kensei has to sit out since he has such wildly flailing attacks, the enemy PK can jump in and gang up on your ally with precision. Sounds like a fantastic way to drive the dagger further into the games back.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 11:28 AM
I just want 100% ff, because it will be awesome :D

ShieldNSpear
03-11-2017, 12:01 PM
100% friendly fire would cause WAY more problems than it would fix. Can you imagine how mad people would be after a selfish raider or shugoki does a massive sweep for a triple team kill because he wants to get all the kills to himself?

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 12:05 PM
exactly. If this game aims for reality, it shouldn't be hypocritical about it.

so those raiders and whatever will have to learn to play as a team.

Otherwise what is the point? Just random button mash

Hogmin
03-11-2017, 12:09 PM

The point they're making is that many characters are.. well.. designed with the idea that if they hit a teammate, it won't be that bad, if they changed it now suddenly every game is Assassins and precise characters only, and that would kill the game for anyone who plays characters like Raider (myself included) so, no thanks to this idea.

Turric4n666
03-11-2017, 12:09 PM
what ganking problem?

DarkstarQc
03-11-2017, 12:14 PM

if they want to aim for reality as you say then they need to make a bigger faction based game mode like 32 vs 32 or 12 vs 12 a battlefield is a battlefield its supposed to be full of people ramming into each other and ganking is part of it even if ya don't like it so stop whinning and block
to get revenge mode if you didn't learn that already its about time you do!!

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 12:17 PM
The point they're making is that many characters are.. well.. designed with the idea that if they hit a teammate, it won't be that bad, if they changed it now suddenly every game is Assassins and precise characters only, and that would kill the game for anyone who plays characters like Raider (myself included) so, no thanks to this idea.

yeah, you will have to learn to do more than just zone attack.

Hogmin
03-11-2017, 12:19 PM
yeah, you will have to learn to do more than just zone attack.

Every single swing except lights are massive in width, but yeah sure let's make it so 70% of the cast of characters can't be played for fear of murdering our teammates rather than our enemies, that'll solve it.

This is a poorly thought out suggestion, at best.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Every single swing except lights are massive in width, but yeah sure let's make it so 70% of the cast of characters can't be played for fear of murdering our teammates rather than our enemies, that'll solve it.

This is a poorly thought out suggestion, at best.

again, you will have take into account every swing you make. Not brainless button mashing.

ShieldNSpear
03-11-2017, 12:39 PM
again, you will have take into account every swing you make. Not brainless button mashing.

This guy is right, not hitting your team-mates is something that can be practiced. If you've got one ally beside you, don't swing on that side, simple as that. If you're surrounded by allies you don't want to hit, then only top attacks would be safe. I mean it could potentially be a thing but I still think it shouldn't. There's already enough team-killing going on. Especially after AI matches... where the players want the blood of players...

Felis_Menari
03-11-2017, 12:51 PM
The combat mechanics are too imprecise to handle 100% FF damage.

Hogmin
03-11-2017, 12:55 PM

This isn't a simulator, and even then, I'm sure many people do consider their swings, but many variables, such as a teammate arriving as you swing, would mean almost certain death for them. Tthe suggestion is straight up bad, man.

@ShieldNSpear
See above, not to mention if people play like that then it gets into feeding revenge for no real reason, so there's that.

The game isn't designed to have 100% friendly fire.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 01:14 PM
This isn't a simulator, and even then, I'm sure many people do consider their swings, but many variables, such as a teammate arriving as you swing, would mean almost certain death for them. Tthe suggestion is straight up bad, man.

@ShieldNSpear
See above, not to mention if people play like that then it gets into feeding revenge for no real reason, so there's that.

The game isn't designed to have 100% friendly fire.

But it is a simulator, it has been stated countless times by the developers - from the real-life combat mechanics that their game designer is an expert of, to the networking technology, which is described as "... every player run a simulation of the combat"...

And no, almost nobody considers their swings, i am constantly being hit by mt team members that just arrived in the battle, eager to flag the guy for +1 kill on their score. That is utterly stupid and needs to be punished.

I am fairy sure the dev have considered 100% ff already, but they backed out on it. I would love to know their reasoning.

Turric4n666
03-11-2017, 01:26 PM
And no, almost nobody considers their swings, i am constantly being hit by mt team members that just arrived in the battle, eager to flag the guy for +1 kill on their score. That is utterly stupid and needs to be punished..

by giving teammates additional damage to the interrupt? good thinking, dude.

Gray360UK
03-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Who said ganking is a problem?
It's a strategy, and built into the game, complete with counter measures and mechanics designed to cope with it.

Hogmin
03-11-2017, 01:46 PM
But it is a simulator, it has been stated countless times by the developers - from the real-life combat mechanics that their game designer is an expert of, to the networking technology, which is described as "... every player run a simulation of the combat"...

And no, almost nobody considers their swings, i am constantly being hit by mt team members that just arrived in the battle, eager to flag the guy for +1 kill on their score. That is utterly stupid and needs to be punished.

I am fairy sure the dev have considered 100% ff already, but they backed out on it. I would love to know their reasoning.

That is to do with connectivity, not the nature of the game.

And you can assume that but this is a stupid way to go about it that will punish people for playing certain heroes and prevent some from being played entirely.

You haven't thought any of it through at all, the same as your other thread. Done here.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-11-2017, 02:12 PM
> reads OP

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA................... .....No.

Though I do love seeing poorly thought out plans lol

Infidel.Castro
03-11-2017, 02:43 PM
God no, it will open the floodgates to all the griefers. No thanks.

Dabeat.
03-11-2017, 02:52 PM
What ganking problem? I think this problem is in your head.

secrecy274
03-11-2017, 03:03 PM
It wouldn't solve this ganking"problem", and it would open up for griefers and trolls. No, I think the game is better without.

cragar212
03-11-2017, 03:50 PM
People would troll so hard

Worst idea ever?

Kharneth88
03-11-2017, 05:03 PM
I think they should have 100% friendly fire, too. It would add actual tactics to the game instead of it just having the usual MMO capture the objectives tactics tacked on fighter combat tactics. The idea that you can't go around wildly swinging at people is good.

And no, it won't make PK better, she's the biggest contributor to friendly fire. Her sweeping side attacks fly around so ****ing fast I can never get any attacks off when I'm fighting next to one.

For the nay sayers who think it wouldn't work, it's been done before. If you've ever been a part of a Dark Souls fight with more than a single red phantom you'd know what it's like to fight in a large battle with 100% friendly fire. It's a lot of fun and makes people think before they act.

Turric4n666
03-11-2017, 05:06 PM
I think they should have 100% friendly fire, too. It would add actual tactics to the game instead of it just having the usual MMO capture the objectives tactics tacked on fighter combat tactics. The idea that you can't go around wildly swinging at people is good.

And no, it won't make PK better, she's the biggest contributor to friendly fire. Her sweeping side attacks fly around so ****ing fast I can never get any attacks off when I'm fighting next to one.

For the nay sayers who think it wouldn't work, it's been done before. If you've ever been a part of a Dark Souls fight with more than a single red phantom you'd know what it's like to fight in a large battle with 100% friendly fire. It's a lot of fun and makes people think before they act.

It will be a lot of fun to die from your team mates all the time. i am sure.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 06:15 PM
People would troll so hard

Worst idea ever?

I can tell you right now. People can troll anyway that like even now. I can throw games if I wish by just running around in circles or purposefully trigger their revenge and back away.

teksuo1
03-11-2017, 06:16 PM
i've already accidently killed teammates and have been killed by teamates also.. i don't think this is a good idea with how popular "revenge&zoneattackspam" is

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 06:22 PM
i've already accidently killed teammates and have been killed by teamates also.. i don't think this is a good idea with how popular "revenge&zoneattackspam" is

yeah, that is called button mashing

Turric4n666
03-11-2017, 06:26 PM
yeah, that is called button mashing

You are still arguing that we need friendly fire without a reason for it.. Hitting allies is bad right now anyway.

Vagor_D
03-11-2017, 06:30 PM
This thread is a troll hole He admits that is he is trolling and does the same in-game.

I can tell you right now. People can troll anyway that like even now. I can throw games if I wish by just running around in circles or purposefully trigger their revenge and back away.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 06:41 PM
you people amaze me

just because you are terrible enough to hit your allies that doesn't mean it's a gameplay problem, it's your problem. Get good, use brain, don't ruin in like zombies

Turric4n666
03-11-2017, 06:43 PM
you people amaze me

just because you are terrible enough to hit your allies that doesn't mean it's a gameplay problem, it's your problem. Get good, use brain, don't ruin in like zombies

so... your proposal would change what exactly?

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 06:46 PM
so... your proposal would change what exactly?

read first post

Turric4n666
03-11-2017, 06:48 PM

you people amaze me

yes? itīs no gameplay problem according to you.

Dr_Ditters
03-11-2017, 06:55 PM
The "ganking problem" is already solved by revenge, but Im sure you complain about revenge too.

Burn-The-Sinner
03-11-2017, 07:27 PM
The "ganking problem" is already solved by revenge, but Im sure you complain about revenge too.

I don't complain about revenge. Have you seen me complain about it?

Infidel.Castro
03-11-2017, 07:51 PM

Yeah they can, it would be even worse if they implemented your suggestion.

Felis_Menari
03-11-2017, 08:05 PM
you people amaze me

The gameplay mechanics are limited. It is entirely possible to hit an ally that suddenly shows up when your attack is beyond the point if feinting. Or maybe it's an attack that can't be feinted (if lights can hit allies). Your proposed system would have *at least* as many problems as the current one, so please stop pretending like it would be an improvement. At least have the decency to recognize that your proposed change may not lead to an improvement in gameplay, and may simply suit your own interests, and yours alone.