PDA

View Full Version : Just got an email accusing me of cheating

FumundaCheese--
03-11-2017, 02:52 AM
I have never cheated or afk farmed ever and have been accused by Ubisoft. It says "after careful review of relevant evidence" that I have been warned. Which is BS man. I have never done anything close to cheat or afk farm.
Has anyone else in my situation been accused of this while being innocent?

Kharneth88
03-11-2017, 02:56 AM
Innocent? yeah, that's what they all say.

Nomir2016
03-11-2017, 02:57 AM
well be glad its just a warning, so shut up and dont cheat next time.

PackingMoney
03-11-2017, 02:59 AM
I have never cheated or afk farmed ever and have been accused by Ubisoft. It says "after careful review of relevant evidence" that I have been warned. Which is BS man. I have never done anything close to cheat or afk farm.

It is a bit wierd that you only post is to to defend that you are not a 'cheater'.

ArcheDemonm
03-11-2017, 03:01 AM
Such accusations are never done without reviewing some definitive evidence.

So calling ******** right now. Hope you will treat your account more carefully next time.

Gray360UK
03-11-2017, 03:03 AM
It is a bit wierd that you only post is to to defend that you are not a 'cheater'.

Nah to be honest if I wasn't a cheater, and I'm not just for the record, lol, and I had never had any cause to show any interest in Ubisoft on the web, or these forums, having an email like that would send me straight here to try to find out what's going on. That at least I can see happening. What would you do, just ignore it? My first stop would be to find out how common this is and how much of a problem I potentially have, then I would be onto Support next.

Flipping it around, if he was a cheater, what on earth would be the point in making an account just to come here to tell all of us about it?

AkenoKobayashi
03-11-2017, 03:14 AM
Can you ask in detail of what the evidence was against you?

FumundaCheese--
03-11-2017, 03:25 AM
There is no evidence any cheating has been done because I've never afk farmed or anything like that
As a matter of fact the only thing I'm guilty of is buying extra steel to compete with the 108 gear stat players so I have 2 characters that are rep 6 with 108 gear stats and now a warning for cheating after giving this company my money
In b4 all the you paid to win trolls

kai_sakai
03-11-2017, 03:29 AM
Same. I play mainly 1v1 because everything else is just a cluster ****.
I don't know what I did to be accused of AFK farm.
I had to look up what AFK farming was when the email came.

cragar212
03-11-2017, 03:32 AM
Heh they added new afk detection today.

Excpect to see alot of im innocent threads. Gamers take the whole deny till you die thing to a whole new level.

untchable704
03-11-2017, 03:33 AM
They should have banned you. Pretty lame they didn't.

FumundaCheese--
03-11-2017, 03:35 AM
I actually have not played dominion for about 5 days because I found my duel skill level not as good lately so I've been mainly playing duel and brawl for the past 5 days. And have my mojo back in 1v1 so I'm pretty pleased with that. I would like to see their evidence myself

AdenSTR1
03-11-2017, 03:41 AM

My advice to you would be to stop cheating. What I do not understand is how you are even able to connect when playing For Honor. 75% of the time matchmaking doesn't even work. Now the game has lost a heap of players thus giving them no real incentive to throw money into what is looking like a poor investment. A poor investment for ubisoft and all the players who bought it.

Like i said...Stop cheating?

:)

Astreiz

FumundaCheese--
03-11-2017, 03:54 AM
Quit with all the stop cheating replies
I have 1 post on this forum because I don't post unless my character has been questioned. I was just wondering if any other people have been wrongly accused. I'm not a 13 yr old kid. I'm an adult that has paid my earned money into this game that I believe has lots of potential and now I feel spit on by being accused of some bs. I have been in rooms where afk farming was being done and I was the only one playing because I was getting orders done and that's the closest I've been to any kind of farming

sorcot
03-11-2017, 04:05 AM
Farmer farmer farmer

kaerbannog
03-11-2017, 10:43 AM

Hello Fumunda, I received the same email yesterday.

What bother me the most is that the email is actually very vague about the infraction Ubisoft is accusing us of.
Could be anything ranging from bullying to AFK farming, but yes, AFK farming is in bold letters in the text.
For my part, if it's AFK farming that I am indeed accused of, it's ridiculous, since I don't even play dominion or 4v4 (I only ever played 6 games of 4v4 and 2 dominion matches).

My (less than stellar) stats to prove my point -> https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/kaerbannog

The thing is there seems to be no way to ask Ubi about what we actually did to deserve this warning.

PS: sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Eleanor-Ripley
03-11-2017, 11:02 AM
Has any of you who recieved this email tried to validate it by contacting Ubisoft?
Judging by the ammount of spam threads and flaming on these forums, I wouldnt be surprised if someone was sending out false emails.
Just a thought.

Before someone flames at me for defending; im not defending anything. I just dont judge without proof.

GerGamEn
03-11-2017, 11:09 AM
I have gotten the same thing today. I have already contacted ubisoft support about this.
Really worried about this.
I have never cheated, farmed afk or done anything else to justify this warning.
The email does not specifiy what I have done or when.
So I have to assume that something is giving their automated detection system false positives.
I really hope they give a statement on this issue.

SixKeys
03-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Honestly, while it's entirely possible that the people posting were indeed cheating, I'm not sure why everyone is so eager to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt. Remember how they accidentally banned a bunch of people who didn't even HAVE the game? Yeah. Is it really so far-fetched to think that maybe their anti-cheat program is being overly sensitive again?

GerGamEn
03-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Thanks for giving the benefit of the doubt.
I get that people assume that I am a cheater trying to defend myself and safe myself from a possible ban. I would probably assume the same.
But it is really frustrating when you are sitting in this boat innocently and donīt even know why since ubsioft does not bother to specify what and when you are supposed to have done something to break their code of conduct

Extropy
03-11-2017, 12:18 PM

Are you sure the e-mail is not from "Ubiesoft@legitUbi.notascam.com"? Are they asking for your login and password by any chance? :D

Winneh
03-11-2017, 12:21 PM
What are you all whining about?
Itīs just a warning so at some point you got flagged for something which ubi wont tell you anything about.
Its not a murder trial, they dont have to show evidence of any sort, however it should be in their interest not to ban false positives.

Do you guys really think they throw out a software to remove customers from the game, before its even tested?
No one here knows how their detection works so this could range from beeing afk for a minute to simple makros.

Jeez, chill guys.

GerGamEn
03-11-2017, 12:53 PM
The problem lies not with false positvies per se, but with unspecified false positves.
There was some action, inconsistency or some interfering program on my pc that caused my account to be flagged.

I have now gotten a warning without any further specifications, which means I have no way of knowing ho to avoid the same thing in the future or if it is even something I can avoid.
The next email I get will come with a temporary suspension. The one after that might be a ban.

I know I have not cheated or abused in any way or form and yet I still have to fear for my game that I paid alot of money for.

This is were the problem lies

UCFierce
03-11-2017, 01:18 PM
My guess is that your account was flagged because you "participated" in a series of Dominion games in which you achieved Zero Objectives; Zero Kills; and One or multiple deaths.
Its a clear pattern of AFK/AutoBot Farming.

When reporting to UbiSoft through their website they clearly state to provide video evidence of cheater's behavior.
Not hard at all; as a ten second video of you running in circles followed by a photo of the ending Scoreboard is all they need to PROVE any allegation.
Be glad you didn't get an out and out ban.

GerGamEn
03-11-2017, 02:15 PM
I can say with 100% certanty that this is not the case for me. I have always participated in my games. THe only time someone could have made a 10 second clip of me not moving would be while I was boosting a zone. Which is still participation. ANd I mostly play duels anyway

UCFierce
03-11-2017, 02:34 PM
My comment was directed at the original post - however the statement holds true. UbiSoft needs more than a singular parameter of evidence to institute a suspension or a ban.
This initial wave of warnings is to put those accounts on notice that some behavior was flagged. If they specify exactly what behavior then cheaters will simply find another "work around".

invalid target0
03-11-2017, 03:03 PM

You're not alone. I received an erroneous warning yesterday, too. The CSR are MORE than welcome to look at my play history and review the match scores. Even if I got my buttkicked going 0 - 3, the timestamp will prove participation since afk in a duel would clearly end it seconds, its not hard to identify. I don't even have an incentive to cheat, being that I don't have a high opinion of 4v4 modes, gear is a purely cosmetic for me and if you think I'm going to sustain the tedious process of finding a game in which to afk every 2 minutes just to earn crappy rewards so I can buy an ornament, you're way too cynical.

Their detection software is evidently not working.

RatedChaotic
03-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Well most of us wanted to see you afkers get banned. Be thankful it was just a warning.

At the rate it was happening and seeing most of you with single digit post. I bet you were seeing it in game and joined the train not aware that it was not allowed. After receiving the warning you came to the forum to argue you were not cheating.

Seen it many times with other games. Be happy you just got a slap on the wrist. Most of us wanted you gone on the first offense. Enjoy your afked lvls and gear.

invalid target0
03-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Well most of us wanted to see you afkers get banned. Be thankful it was just a warning.

At the rate it was happening and seeing most of you with single digit post. I bet you were seeing it in game and joined the train not aware that it was not allowed. After receiving the warning you came to the forum to argue you were not cheating.

Seen it many times with other games. Be happy you just got a slap on the wrist. Most of us wanted you gone on the first offense. Enjoy your afked lvls and gear.

You're a frikkin lazy thinker. A few of us got tagged incorrectly. WE"RE ONLY PLAYING DUEL / BRAWLER MODES. Put that under whatever critical examination skills you have. I'll help, let's review

1- no motive to afk farm, the rewards are too small to justify the tediousness of finding a match every 2 minutes. Gear stats are disabled in this mode. So whatever rewards you earn can only contribute to cosmetics. A level 1 orochi has identical stats do a prestige 9 orochi.

2 - AFK famers would be highly identifiable in these modes because 1 afk player literally represents 25% / 50% of everyone in the game. This high visibility would create frequent clusters of reports because matches would be super short. This assumes the opponent bothers reporting a free win at all.

3 - The length of matches could easily prove participation or lack of it, since ,again, 1 player represents up to 50% of all the players in a match. Participating properly would mean a longer match, going afk would be mean match lasts <15 seconds ... or however long it took to walk over and swing undefended heavies until dead.

The new system has falsely flagged some players.

Icetower
03-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Maybe you are a really good player and ticked people off because you have a high Rep and Gear score. You killed them so good that they got angry and hit the cheat button on you. Maybe.

RatedChaotic
03-11-2017, 05:12 PM
You're a frikkin lazy thinker. A few of us got tagged incorrectly. WE"RE ONLY PLAYING DUEL / BRAWLER MODES. Put that under whatever critical examination skills you have. I'll help, let's review

1- no motive to afk farm, the rewards are too small to justify the tediousness of finding a match every 2 minutes. Gear stats are disabled in this mode. So whatever rewards you earn can only contribute to cosmetics. A level 1 orochi has identical stats do a prestige 9 orochi.

2 - AFK famers would be highly identifiable in these modes because 1 afk player literally represents 25% / 50% of everyone in the game. This high visibility would create frequent clusters of reports because matches would be super short. This assumes the opponent bothers reporting a free win at all.

3 - The length of matches could easily prove participation or lack of it, since ,again, 1 player represents up to 50% of all the players in a match. Participating properly would mean a longer match, going afk would be mean match lasts <15 seconds ... or however long it took to walk over and swing undefended heavies until dead.

The new system has falsely flagged some players.

You may think I'm a lazy thinker. But it does happen whether you believe it or not.

invalid target0
03-11-2017, 05:23 PM
You may think I'm a lazy thinker. But it does happen whether you believe it or not.

I know ti happens, but its not happening in 1v1 or 2v2 because its tedious and offers no reward. If people who play these modes exclusively are getting flagged for cheating, there's obviously a problem with their detection or the reporting system is being abused by salty players. In either case, its an erroneous warning and the account cleared of any wrongdoing.

Bobmarleyslung
03-11-2017, 05:46 PM
This also happened to me on PS4, I finished the game 17-4. A message appeared saying rewards will not be given as my gameplay was suspicious. Lucky I saved with the share button.

teksuo1
03-11-2017, 05:52 PM

Perhaps you kept playing for too long while doing something else.. if you look afk in game it doesn't matter if it was you acting afk or a rubberband...
afk is bad, selfish, hurts other players' gaming experience ; if you're busy don't play.

RatedChaotic
03-11-2017, 05:52 PM
I know ti happens, but its not happening in 1v1 or 2v2 because its tedious and offers no reward. If people who play these modes exclusively are getting flagged for cheating, there's obviously a problem with their detection or the reporting system is being abused by salty players. In either case, its an erroneous warning and the account cleared of any wrongdoing.

Just curious how do you know it hasnt been done in the 1v1 AI mode or the 2v2 AI mode with matchmaking off? Just because the awards are better in the other modes you think its not done in the lesser ones. No one to report you in those modes. And you call me a lazy thinker lol.

Patient_Fodder
03-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Just curious how do you know it hasnt been done in the 1v1 AI mode or the 2v2 AI mode with matchmaking off? Just because the awards are better in the other modes you think its not done in the lesser ones. No one to report you in those modes. And you call me a lazy thinker lol.

When solo-ing Dominion vs. AI, after a game the end of round timer is there, with the start of a new game however, it does not auto ready up the next game (there is no timer, PC). Dunno about other modes (yeah I like playing ai on my own : o) ).

invalid target0
03-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Perhaps you kept playing for too long while doing something else.. if you look afk in game it doesn't matter if it was you acting afk or a rubberband...
afk is bad, selfish, hurts other players' gaming experience ; if you're busy don't play.

I wonder if you stumbled on the reason we were flagged. After winning a duel in 2v2 polite players will often let the others finish their fight which can take a couple of minutes. This sounds like a likely culprit for the erroneous flags.

AdenSTR1
03-13-2017, 12:19 AM
Quit with all the stop cheating replies
I have 1 post on this forum because I don't post unless my character has been questioned. I was just wondering if any other people have been wrongly accused. I'm not a 13 yr old kid. I'm an adult that has paid my earned money into this game that I believe has lots of potential and now I feel spit on by being accused of some bs. I have been in rooms where afk farming was being done and I was the only one playing because I was getting orders done and that's the closest I've been to any kind of farming

Look man. I dont want to be the breaker of bad news here. But the resolution is simple. Stop cheating.

Astreiz