PDA

View Full Version : Attack Speed vs. Guard Switch Time

KayGee707
03-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Is it intentional that some classes can attack faster than some classes switch their guard? If so this seems like a huge oversight and pretty much implements direct counters to slower classes.

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 10:28 PM
Half of the PvP is oversight because they never tested endgame.

Because who would do that on "Competitive" title.

PackingMoney
03-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Is it intentional that some classes can attack faster than some classes switch their guard? If so this seems like a huge oversight and pretty much implements direct counters to slower classes.

I think it was accidental. I think they looked at it by thinking something such as heavies should change slower than assassins (for example), but they didn't take into account about the attacks, just the build and weapon of a character (not sure if I worded that well).

A great way to stop problems would be too just simply have every change guards at the same time, I mean a PK will be fast changing because of the daggers, but if someone is strong enough to have a polearm as their weapon, they shouldn't really have any problems moving it around for guarding purposes.

Sorry if this is hard to read, I have college work to do so I typed it out as quick as I could.

Kharneth88
03-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Raider is the slowest at switching guards and Peacekeeper is the fastest attacker, yet I can respond to the red light to block her attacks.

Not yet reliably, not yet to save my life, but I'm getting there. My point is it is possible, not through luck but through attentiveness, and therefore the attack is not faster than the block.

PackingMoney
03-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Raider is the slowest at switching guards and Peacekeeper is the fastest attacker, yet I can respond to the red light to block her attacks.

Not yet reliably, not yet to save my life, but I'm getting there. My point is it is possible, not through luck but through attentiveness, and therefore the attack is not faster than the block.

Do you play on PC, because I know on console it is a lot harder because of the frames cap, plus most people play on TVs, where there is added input delay.

Vilerin
03-10-2017, 10:36 PM
I think it was accidental. I think they looked at it by thinking something such as heavies should change slower than assassins (for example), but they didn't take into account about the attacks, just the build and weapon of a character (not sure if I worded that well).

A great way to stop problems would be too just simply have every change guards at the same time, I mean a PK will be fast changing because of the daggers, but if someone is strong enough to have a polearm as their weapon, they shouldn't really have any problems moving it around for guarding purposes.

Sorry if this is hard to read, I have college work to do so I typed it out as quick as I could.

Please do not even think of bringing any realism to the balance topic :). If you wanna balance the game basing on historical fighting scenario it would be even worse than it is now.

PS: Please do not take it personal, just jerking around.

PackingMoney
03-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Please do not even think of bringing any realism to the balance topic :). If you wanna balance the game basing on historical fighting scenario it would be even worse than it is now.

PS: Please do not take it personal, just jerking around.

No worries :)

Just something I have thought about.

KayGee707
03-10-2017, 10:41 PM
When I play as Shugoki against a PK I pretty much have to guess when he is attacking and try to trade using my hyper armor. If he lands that first attack its pretty much GG from there.

AkenoKobayashi
03-11-2017, 03:24 AM
Nobushi has slow guard changes. Left to right, or vice versa. If you go against a fast attack character who attacks at different angles, you won't guard against all of them.